Creator(s) : worstever
Dimensions : 128x128x128
RoundTime : 10 minutes
Diggable depth of the map : 1
Physics : off
Which server did you build your map on? : Worst Server Ever
Number of secrets : 1
.lvl file : http://www.mediafire.com/?30pu886t65c099h
Description of map. : This is my first real map that is not based around adminium. It's based on cloud city from Star Wars as hopefully you can tell. There are places to hide, but running might prevail here. There is a long op_watered stream up to the top part, but also three other pathways that lead up there to give it some variety. It is not op_aired, and is not meant to be. There's some adminium used to help make things reachable. I tried to include a few famous scenes from the movie, but some were omitted. All comments are welcome and encouraged. So if you're reading this; comment. Thanks for your input beforehand.
Screenshots of map : http://imgur.com/a/TIiRD#0 http://imgur.com/Y4UMO (Thats the new fixes, added some clouds, made the bottom more terraced, put some simple rings for running)

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
First off: I have barely any knowledge of the Star Wars franchise besides Darth Vader is Luke's father, Anakin pod-raced on Tatooine, and that Weird Al Yankovic made a song about the series with the theme based on the song "American Pie," because I fell asleep in all of the movies, so go don't go and hate because I don't know what I'm talking about since it's based off of Star Wars, yada yada yada. ;)

Anyways: I like the map in general, and after looking up some pictures of the"bespin" in the movies, I have to say you did a good job (within Minecrafts limits) recreating the structure.
However: Looking at the pictures, the bottom of the map (I'm guessing this is the "Planet surface") is to plain, empty, and boring. Even if it is a re-creation of the actual city and the surface is supposed to be like that, I don't feel its good for game-play all that much.

Instead, I believe the map would be perfect with just the sphere up there in the sky. It seems nice and well made, and perhaps even large enough to be a map on its own. (Taking away the walls of course).
Or: Even if it isn't recreating everything from the franchise that is in this planet / city / etc, at least add some buildings / any decoration besides the small sand dunes / hills along the bottom and walls, just to add some nice touches to the map, because a large map (128x) with a mildly flat surface isn't that great in my opinion.

So yeah: The one bad thing I think is everything below the main sphere.

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
Well first off, I know pretty much nothing about star wars. So I will just be basing this off my opinion of the actual map.

Well first, here is what I know about star wars:
-they wear funny masks
-they carry funny glowing swords
-I want one of those swords

In general though, I agree with what others have said about the bottom. It needs something more in it.
Also may I ask, are the tops of the dome reachable?