Ban Inform Command

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking, instead of verbally telling a person they're banned and where to appeal, sometimes making a mistake and not being clear enough, we could have a /bi command which sends info about ban. Usage:
/bi properu Naughty boy
Then, on the naughty boy properu's screen it would say:

You are about to be banned for
REASON: Naughty boy
To appeal, go to www.blocktopia.net/forum/forum/
and make an appeal in the TNT Wars section
after making an account.
Please use the right format when doing so.
Thanks, and hopefully we see you again!

So, the command usage is, in a non example way to put it:
/bi player reason.
It's a bit like send help but a bit more personalized. It will also have to be way more visible and due to us telling them how to appeal with the format and all it reduces this
"omg lov server i liek killing peoples with my tnt favortye wepon plese unban me i do anything!!11! i wil be nice fair pleuse unban unban!1"
So, it have a feeling it will be codeable, but does it have a place and will it be a good addition?
P.S. I think it should be Op+ due to trusteds not being able to ban, no point.

properu

Pure Pro
Reaction score
/bi properu Naughty boy
Then, on the naughty boy properu's screen it would say:
Wait, WHAT?
Plz unban meh admin!

Anywho, I believe there is already a command similar to this (correct me if I'm wrong), but it is /bandata.
The great wiki of knowledge said:
BanData

• /bandata NAME
  • Sends the reason of the ban of a specified player, including the banning operator and server time of ban.
And, again, correct me if I am wrong, there is a limit to how much text that can be on a "kick" screen.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Wait, WHAT?
Plz unban meh admin!

Anywho, I believe there is already a command similar to this (correct me if I'm wrong), but it is /bandata.

And, again, correct me if I am wrong, there is a limit to how much text that can be on a "kick" screen.
If I read this right, it wouldnt say it on the title screen but more visible chat instead.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it would be before he is banned. As they tell you where to appeal, that's where it happens. And another idea for it, add banning op. And yes, maybe there is a command, but this seems more compact and versatile.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Yes, it would be before he is banned. As they tell you where to appeal, that's where it happens. And another idea for it, add banning op. And yes, maybe there is a command, but this seems more compact and versatile.
As said before, /bandata records the reason, date+time, and staff that did the ban. This is more of a /sr type thing, is it not?

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
If /sr is a command relating to sending help, then yes. It is for not the op's usage but for the player to learn before they get banned so op's don't hop into a verbal talk that may be drowned out where we can have colored text they'll read.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
If /sr is a command relating to sending help, then yes. It is for not the op's usage but for the player to learn before they get banned so op's don't hop into a verbal talk that may be drowned out where we can have colored text they'll read.
Yes, it /sends the rules to a specific person in a bright cyan text.

Only thing is, the ban reason is given when we actually type /ban(b) <name> reason.

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
My concern is mainly that most people will ignore the chat and either keep playing or start begging the op+ in question not to ban them. If it was possible to show it on the ban screen along with the ban message, players would be able to see it just by trying to log in, and wouldn't have to remember it. My only thought with respects that is that long ban reasons might get drowned out.

In my opinion, the idea might be useful, but would be better suited to appearing on the ban screen.

• Agree
Reactions: DarthLego5679