Ban Info

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I make a habbit of going through the forums and reading posts, especially those in the ban appeal sections. Now I have noticed this time and time again: When filling out the information, a lot of people put "I don't know" for some or all of the answers.

Now, when a player is banned om the server, upon logging in, the message recieved is a big red window saying: You are banned!

Now what I am suggesting is that when a player is banned, and trys to log in, information is given.

I saw this on another server, where I may or may not have been banned for arguing with someone's stupidity. But basically it goes like this:

You are banned:​
Banned x weeks, x days ago by [Operator+ name] for [Quick explaination of why they were banned]
This would be similar to putting the log in after someone is banned I suppose, and could be a useful tool in helping make / understand ban appeals.​

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
The only other way I see this being able to be used is if we post their ban information on the forums. However I don't think that would work since it would be the job of the operators who banned the player to post it on the forums, then to also have the banned person find their own information when most people probably wont find it before posting anyways. Personally I think the way we have it, where we find their personal information after they show interest in being unbanned, is the best way.

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
There is a fixed limit to number of chars than can be used in that text, you can't have anything else with removing something that is alraedy there.
Well I'm saying get rid of whatever is there at the moment, and make it so the banned player sees this instead. I don't know how it works exactly, but it's just a thought.

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
What we have now leads them to the forums, which is helpful for those who wish to get unbanned. I agree this would be helpful, but the system we have right now is just fine.

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
What we have now leads them to the forums, which is helpful for those who wish to get unbanned. I agree this would be helpful, but the system we have right now is just fine.
Ya i was hesitant at putting this on here because I can honestly not remember what it say at the moment.