Awwwyea's Operator Application

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
Username: Awwwyea

Rank Requested: Operator

Current/Previous Staff Positions: Well, I'm an Ex-Lava Operator and Ex-Cmp Op/Primordia Trusted (This is all too short a story, I'll get to it later), and currently, I'm a Zombie Operator.

Greatest Strengths: I think my GREATEST strength would be the ability to teach people, rather than punish them. Instead of skipping to warning/kicking, I actually explain why something is wrong and how to avoid doing it again, which some Ops tend to forget. This way, the person who broke the rule doesn't feel bad that he was punished, and lo' and behold!, he's learned something. I don't do this to people who know what they're done wrong, and usually skip to warning. Another great thing or two would be my tolerance for people, and my ability to type very fast, which can be good for speedy explanations.

Greatest Weaknesses: I only have two MAJOR weaknesses, when I think about it. The first is that I'm technologically impaired. (Give me an iPhone and I won't know how to turn it on. Hell, I don't even know the difference between an iPhone and an iPod).
The reason I ended up with a demotion/resignation during the merging of Cmp and Primordia was that it seemed like an endless amount of commands that I didn't know how to use or what they did would pile up on me, let alone the Cmp commands I was trying to learn at the time. I'm willing to take another jab at said commands, because I'm a fast learner for being completely stupid with technology.
The second reason affects me more in real life than it does in-game. I usually refer to it as being "Mentally Unstable" in which I'll freak out and randomly leave to uh, brood in my own thoughts.
(Malco, if you absolutely, undyingly HAVE TO KNOW, I will tell you the story behind this).

Do you have Teamspeak?: Yes, but the only times I use it are for meetings.
Do you have a Microphone?: Yes.
Do you have IRC? : Yes, but I rarely use it. This rare use may change if I end up getting the position, due to the fact that I'll need it for logging purposes (and WoM logs suffice for classic).

Previous Offenses: Not a ban on my record, other than when I banned myself on Zombies and had to get Avant to get my rank back. :p I was demoted roughly five months ago due to inactivity on Zombies, if that is dishonourable or not.

What do you believe your position entails?:

Well, basically using the commands at my disposal to moderate the server, befriending new players and showing them the ropes when they need a shoulder to lean on, keeping the server's mood in general up by having wacky conversations with people (Weird conversations are always the funnest :p), occasionally going around to see how people are doing with builds and aiding them here and there, and the list could go on.

Well, on the Forums I could pull up good/bad logs of incidents for ban appeals, staff applications, and "Watch Lists," if even such a thing will exist. Other things like answering any questions people may have about the server and staying up-to-date on little things like events and helping if I can help in any way.

In twenty words, describe yourself.:

I'm proof you don't have to be absolutely dead-serious to do your job well.
Highlight that if you can't see it completely.
Here's four extra words. :D