AWESOME Weapon Idea

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
With the implementation of the grenade, which is a clever weapon that takes practice to use, I came up with a new idea. It's a bit fanboy-ish of cod but nontheless a great idea. Here it is:
Stun grenade.
Oh yeah :D It would reduce the players hit movements to in lava speed and make them unable to use weapons to a possible 3-5 seconds. It would behave as easy as a grenade with a same arc (or different, doesn't matter) and might be worth a few less points like 3-8 range. Is this a good idea? Useless, overpowered, anything in the middle? I'd love to see it made.

-superrrr

Gamefan__15

rotarepO eibmoZ-xE
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure if it's even possible to change users' speed without a custom client, maybe it could be client-side lava?
And darth, maybe because it would cost less? Still, it doesn't seem needed really to me, it might be cool but I'm not sure how useful it would actually be.. of course I don't know all that much about tnt.. stuff..

• Agree
Reactions: Amorix

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
I'm not quite sure if it's even possible to change users' speed without a custom client, maybe it could be client-side lava?
And darth, maybe because it would cost less? Still, it doesn't seem needed really to me, it might be cool but I'm not sure how useful it would actually be.. of course I don't know all that much about tnt.. stuff..
Since I know you know how TNT works;), think of it this way: You have your new Stun Grenade. You fire it at someone. It hits them and slows them down. Have you killed them? No. Have you guaranteed their deaths? No.
If you can fire and hit them with this, you can do the same thing with a regular grenade. It just adds an extra step that costs more.

• Agree
Reactions: Gamefan__15

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Reminds me of the EMP from a while back, except shorter and less useful. And, as darth said, if you could hit them with a stun grenade, why not just hit them with a normal grenade? (I could see stunning them and then killing them, which might have a small margin of profit, but... :x)
(Should this be in suggestions?)

peckypeck903

Reaction score
Question: Does it slow yourself down when you use it and make it so that you can't use any weapons?

Also, this might make some people annoyed if this weapon is too cheap. If made client side lava, people might use this to pillar on CTF, KOTH maps. I have this view of this as if you hit yourself, you're just vulnerable and other people could attack you. What would this actually do?

Toss a grenade into a small place with lots of people, people explode. Toss a stun grenade into there, 5 seconds later, it's as good as nothing. It's like adding 3-8 points to get a kill.

It might not be completely useless and maybe a bit overpowered. Take this, it takes 3 seconds for TNT to explode. People with fast reactions can just make it out of the blast radius in 3 seconds. You stun them, then place TNT. They walk slowly and can't fight back. Since these weapons can be used as instant TNT's/explosions, it isn't much fair to the opposing team if you just through it at a wall and place TNT, use rockets.

Maybe something that can kill instantly, something better?

EDIT: I think it should count as a suggestion, as superstein wants something new to be added to the server, I may be wrong.