Reaction score
Map Name: Astral Elements
Map Authors: Catcocomics
Game Type: Mob
Map Worldborder: very self-contained
Download: /warp astralelements
Game Time: n/a
Screenshots:

If you think the walls are an eye-sore, I can change them.
Maximum amount of players: 4
Notes:
*Weapons and armor are to be unbreakable. Of the shields, only the Mirror Shield is unbreakable, so don't over use them.
*Vindicators wield axes that can disable shields temporarily, so try not to over use them.
*There are two chests, one containing a Mirror Shield, and one containing a Bug Bat. If this is deemed to being over powered, then they may get nerfed or removed.
*Different weapons in the shops offer different advantages:
-Spirit Flame does slightly higher damage (4 per tier) and has progressively longer burn time.
-Beacon Blade also does some fire, but is more focused on maximizing damage to undead (while still remaining relevant against other mobs).
-Snow Sword is focused on laying low as many monsters as possible; probably ideal given how many there are.
-Mountain Hammer focuses on strong single-target damage. It's also good for one-shotting arthropods.
-Bug Bat is very specifically anti-arthropod. You can try poking a zombie with it, but it won't do you much good.
-Fairy Bow has a very strong bow string.
-Lightning Rod shoots bolts that are supposedly as hot as the surface of the sun.

Wave time: 120 seconds, change later if necessary
Shop Locations: Colored shulker boxes on the four disks immediately around spawn
Mob spawn locations: On the isolated gold blocks in each of the four corners, and maybe on some of the elements (ice, wind, light for examples. Water and Fire aren't suitable for mob spawning, though).
Player spawn location(s): The purple disk in the center.

Shop Items: See contents of the shop boxes. Shops are divided into Offensive, Defensive, Support, and Deific classifications (deific is 3rd tier, other shops are 2nd tier)
Kits: Contents found in light blue shulker box, contains the only two 1st tier items.
Primordial Spirit:
-Spirit Flame: Sharp 5 fire 1 blaze powder
-Deku Shield: decorated shield with 50 durability remaining

End Wave: Game ends when wave 45 ends.
Mob Settings:
1st Tier Mobs:
-Silver Fish: x5 Frequency - 1 Gold - Waves 1-14
-Ender Mite: x4 Frequency - 1 Gold - Waves 3-14
-Spider: x3 Frequency - 2 Gold - Waves 6-14
-Slime: x2 Frequency - 3 Gold - Waves 9-14
-Zombie/Husk: x2 Frequency - 4 Gold - Waves 10-14
-Skeleton: x1 Frequency - 5 Gold - Waves 11-14
-Creeper: x0.6 Frequency - 8 Gold - Waves 12-14
-(Boss) Enderman Boss: x2 Frequency - 10 Gold - Wave 15
2nd Tier Mobs:

-Zombie Pigman: x2 Frequency - 10 Gold - Waves 16-29
-Stray: x1.2 Frequency - 20 Gold - Waves 18-29
-With Skeleton: x2 Frequency - 20 Gold - Waves 20-29
-Cave Spider: x3 Frequency - 10 Gold - Waves 22-29
-Witch: x1 Frequency - 20 Gold - Waves 20-29
-Magma Slime: x5 Frequency - 10 Gold - Waves 18-29
-Ghast: x2 Fequency - 15 Gold - Waves 22-29
-Blaze: x3 Frequency - 15 Gold - Waves 24-29
-(Boss) Skeleton Horsemen: x3 Frequency - 50 Gold - Wave 30

3rd Tier Mobs:
-Endermen: x4 Frequency - 30 Gold - Waves 31-39
-Vindicator: x2 Frequency - 40 Gold - Waves 35-44
-Evoker: x2 Frequency - 25 Gold - Waves 33-44
-Vex: x5 Frequency - 30 Gold - Waves 37-44
-(Boss) Wither: x5 Frequency - 64 Gold - Wave 45

Note: this map is highly experimental, and may be better released in a trial phase initially. Shop prices and mob drops may be rebalanced at a later time if concerns for inventory space or the map's economy come up.

Last edited:

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
hi,

it has been a while, hasn't it.

I did not understand why there is so big of a difference in the gold mobs drop at first, but seeing the item prices in game I think I see what you are going at. There are items in two price ranges, so I am guessing you want people to buy from the first group first and when you get further upgrade your gear (instead of just saving up for best gear from start as I tend to do in most maps). The map itself I don't find that amazing to be honest. I feel it is just a bunch of different blocks thrown together (also walking on barrier blocks is trippy). I get that you want to make a map based on elements, but, while in theory it could be nice, the execution feels a bit weak. I like the touch with the frost walker boots on the magma blocks.

Conclusive, the items (and the two price ranges) are nice, the idea is decent, but the map is quite plain. Perhaps try the idea/items, but on a map that is a bit more worked out?

-1 for now

(Comp look at me I did a thing)

Catcocomics

Reaction score
(instead of just saving up for best gear from start as I tend to do in most maps)
this has more to do with the fact that in most maps, you sort of have to get the best gear as fast as you can or else die purely due to mob stats (which is why stone/chain, iron, and especially wood/leather equipment is virtually useless in maps using the default shop)
Conclusive, the items (and the two price ranges) are nice, the idea is decent, but the map is quite plain. Perhaps try the idea/items, but on a map that is a bit more worked out?
in fairness, this is an experiment I'm also trying on two other maps, but they've both been waiting for nearly half a year now.
The map itself would have definitely fared better if I hadn't split into into 16 micro-sections, but I wasn't feeling too inspired for much else at the time.