Not open for further replies.

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
IGN:
Araidian

Time-zone:
GMT -4

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
Mostly around 2-4 hours a day.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
In simple terms, an operator on this server is someone who keeps the peace and helps players with any issue they may have. To expand on this, I also believe an operator should be someone who is willing to participate in conversation. After all, the reason I had made this application was to help keep the server in great shape for it's players, but to have a bit of fun with it too. A job is only a job when it isn't fun.

On another note, I also feel it is an operator's job to report suspicious activity and glitches to their higher ranks. If an operator is abusing their powers (100% sure that'll never happen!) or if there is a glitch that allows the game play to be altered, it is the responsibility of the operator to report it.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
Well, for this, I would say my personality and my time invested into this community. Personalities are unique and everybody acts in a different way. I feel like I am one to easily start a conversation for others to pitch into. This kind of player is really vital to the server because without someone to roll the ball, the ball will never start moving. Players just sit there with nothing to say (and boy does THAT grind my gears). Also my time in the community has allowed me to familiarize my self with everyone and all the methods of staffing. When I first started to staff 2 years ago, I'll be honest, I was pretty immature and clueless. However, I already know what is expected of me and how to act.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
I believe a weakness of mine when I was a staff member was my leniency towards players on the server. There were too many things that I would let people get away with. Now I don't mean to be a stickler on the rules or anything; I still want people to enjoy themselves on the server, however I will not let a problem reach the point where it starts to affect anyone's gaming experience.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
If there was something I was unfamiliar with, my only considerable option would be to ask for help from other staff members or take the problem head on if there is no one else on. As that one chick from the Magic School Bus always said, "Ask questions, Take chances, Get messy." You can't get experience at something if you don't attempt it first, or get guidance from others.

References:

63LittlePiggy63, Biblius, Clockwork, Forseti, and RonaldoSkillz.
Thanks man!

Allllllso, if you have any questions pointed at me, feel free to ask and I'll answer them!

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
OH MY GOD ARAIDIAN YES. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

I'd love to have you back on the staff team. I used to look up to you when you were op on Lava; you were an excellent and respected Operator who knew what to do. However, though the past affects us, I shouldn't judge on that, but it adds up on my vote a little bit.

You're a fun, unique player who has a nice personality, and I enjoy playing with you, however, I don't think I see you helping all too often (maybe because you have nothing to help with?) and it's been so long since your lava staff days. However, I do think you do have the potential to be a great op, I just need to see it a little more. I think I do remember you helping a little.

For now, seeing I don't see you helping all too much, I'll be on the very brim of going for a +1. My opinion might change once I see the other staff member's opinions, but for now I'll be a 0 on the brim of a +1.

D

DarkHender

I must say, I didn't see this application coming.
I hate to be that stick in the mud though..
I'll be going with a -1.

You've been online recently though throughout the times I've seen you, I have not seen you help out, nor do you stand out to me as someone who is ready for an application/staff rank.
While Kylie said you do have past experiences with staffing, I think you should work on helping players and being more involved with things like that.

Good luck with the rest of your application and if I see things change before the application is decided I'll rethink my vote.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
The first thing I've noticed about Araidian is his will and dedication. I always saw him on JtE and working so hard for his clan. This is the primary thing that makes me feel as if Araidian would be an excellent candidate for staff. He is very dedicated and throws himself into the stuff he believes in. A staff member could have all the qualifications and traits to be excellent, but if they lack dedication, they have no place here. As staff we have a mission to protect the server and help the players. And I feel as if Araidian is just the kind of person with these goals.

I vote +1, and I wish you excellent luck.

63LittlePiggy63

Piggalina
Reaction score
Website
mouvementdefleur.com
Personally, from staffing with you before, I think you're pretty ready for this position and that you will be responsible with it. I haven't seen you as much recently on the server (probably because I sleep in so much) but from the times I have seen with you you actually have helped out players, whether it's helping with houses or helping people get started, I've always seen some of that quality from you, ever since classic. You're also a super fun guy, so I think you'd be great for the team. +1 from me!

• Thank You
Reactions: Araidian

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
I don't think I see you helping all too often (maybe because you have nothing to help with?)
For now, seeing I don't see you helping all too much
Just help out more and my 0 will turn into a +1
Thanks for taking the time to look at my app, I really appreciate it!
I would just like some clarification on 'helping players'. Sure it sounds pretty obvious, but the opportunities just aren't there to pitch in as much as I'd like. If I had the chance to I would try to help out players by giving them food or telling them certain commands. But with how long the server has been around at this point, a lot of the players already know what they are doing. If I had the chance, you'd bet I most certanly would, but as Kylie said, I havent really been given much of a chance over the past few weeks I've been active.

This isn't really to make you reconsider your posts because I really do think I lack a bit in that aspect, but I wanted to post this as a thing thats bugged me for a while.

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
I gotta say, you bring up a very good point, referring to the above post.

Helping isn't something I consider too much. If this was back when applications first opened, yes, it would be extremely important. There's eleven other staff members there to assist, as well as a ton of the more experienced players.

The only time I'd be worried about someone not helping is if they were accepted and went on to sit on their ass, doing nothing. Knowing you and reading this application, that's not you. You do help in other ways, to be honest. Your lighthearted and cheerful optimism is an amazing trait. I've known you for some time and I find that you're also a great leader.

I understand the other votes, so what I have to say is: hopefully, if it's a real issue, you'll pick up on it during your trial and show us (or, well, the others) your effort and care through your actions. There's no reason to decline this. +1

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Sorry for my late reply. I'll admit I thought you were going to put this in a little later. First, I'd like to compliment you on a very well written application, that's something I like to see a person put time into. Anyway I'm going to agree with Forseti's statement. For some reason us operators are trained so much to look for helpfulness that we forget about what traits make a great operator. I believe you have those traits and at the least deserve a trial to prove it. +1

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I've observed, you've helped whenever possible and are extremely dedicated to RoF. That and you're a cool guy to talk to on Teamspeak, so I'd definitely support at least a trial.

+1

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
From what I've seen you're a really friendly and social player on RoF.

I used to look up to you when you were op on Lava; you were an excellent and respected Operator who knew what to do.
I've heard many good stories about you operating right and on the server I see that you can be mature yet fun and responsible! +1

Status
Not open for further replies.