[Approved] [Suggestion] More KotL Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wimali

What do you mean?
Simple. I feel like KotL should have more rewards. Right now the rewards are really good in my opinion- You can win coal, iron, emeralds and diamonds. Which is cool. Sure, the diamonds and emeralds are extremely rare and you'll only ever get one if you no-life like crazy, but hey, it's the thought that counts, right? Just the thought that you could win a diamond. Or an emerald. Or gold. Whatever.

Then what do you want? You're saying the rewards are good. What other rewards should there be? A 1/1000 chance to win a diamond block? To win an enchanted book?

Nonononono. I feel like you should get a certain prize for having a certain amount of KotL wins. For example:

1 KotL win- 1 iron (just as like... y'know, a welcoming present or something :D)
10 KotL wins- 8 coal
25 KotL wins- 4 iron
50 KotL wins- 3 gold
75 KotL wins- 2 emeralds
100 KotL wins- 1 diamond
200 KotL wins- 2 diamonds
(this is, of course, just an example. I literally thought of that in two minutes so it might just seem ridiculously overpowered or just completely the other thing, not a big deal. Just an example.)

Achieving such thing would also be announced in chat, like this:

bram13 has won King of the Ladder for the 100th time and receives a diamond!

Just thought it would be a fun feature to have. I'd love to hear your opinions on it, as always!

• Dislike
Reactions: Supermegacheater

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Wouldn't this encourage people (GM's mostly) who have ridiculously overpowered gear to play the game instead of letting the newer players play?
I think the actual reward should be on a per-rank basis, and with the rewards going down:

GM: 1 coal and a chance for 1 emerald or 1 diamond
M: 4 coal and a chance for 2 emeralds or 1 diamond
J: 8 coal and a chance for 1 iron or 2 emeralds or 1 diamond
E: 8 coal and a chance for 3 iron or 2 emeralds or 1 diamond
A: 8 coal and a chance for 3 iron or 1 gold or 2 emeralds or 1 diamond
C: 8 coal and a chance for 3 iron or 3 gold or 2 emeralds or 1 diamond
P: 8 coal and a chance for 3 iron or 3 gold or 2 emeralds or 1 diamond

Simply being that higher-ranking players have better gear and would win more.

The question here is whether we want to encourage newer players to play (this system) or older players to play (bram's system) and I think that we want to encourage newer players to play.

Edit: Included Experts.

Reactions: FrenchSanta12
W

Wimali

Wouldn't this encourage people (GM's mostly) who have ridiculously overpowered gear to play the game instead of letting the newer players play?
I think the actual reward should be on a per-rank basis, and with the rewards going down:

A: 8 coal and a chance for 3 iron or 2 emeralds or 1 diamond

The question here is whether we want to encourage newer players to play (this system) or older players to play (bram's system) and I think that we want to encourage newer players to play.

Experts get nothing? >=(

• Dislike
Reactions: Supermegacheater

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

A: 8 coal and a chance for 3 iron or 2 emeralds or 1 diamond

Experts get nothing? >=(
Precisely.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this honestly.

I'll start with why I dislike it I guess. First off I don't want KotL to be seen as an easy way to get materials. Yes, the amount given is small but I still don't want it to be seen just as that. KotL is meant to be a challenge to people and with an introduction of items won with wins (no idea if that makes sense) I feel Grandmasters would easily take the lead and ruin KotL for many people. Newer players get a headstart with this especially if they are given iron/gold as a result that of which I really like. The adding of this would make it very hard for newer players to even win.

On the positive side though I do want there to be a form of recognition with this. If any of you play on AoD you will notice that occasionally there will be an announcement in the chat saying "Congratulations Player! 800th round won as a hunter" and so on. This could be something I would like to see put into action. It doesn't give out awards but it still gives players something to look forward to. If this were to be put in I would also suggest the placement of /awards that was a fun little thing to do on Classic and it was something that was very fun or challenging to get.

dirtcake

(Former) Rituals of Fire Developer
Reaction score
More rewards is unlikely, but I'll definitely have it announce "<player> has won KotL for the nth time!" every 20 wins or so. (sorry for taking almost a month to get to this)

• Informative
Reactions: FrenchSanta12
Status
Not open for further replies.