Reaction score
Name of map: Y'Ghatan

Author: Guinessis

Size: 160x160

Map boundary:
Center: x: 80.0 y: 50.0 z: 95.0
Radius: 80 blocks (square)

Kit Descriptions:
Hunters are the shambling undead, come back to haunt the explorers. They have the standard warrior/archer varieties, as well as a demolitionist. Most of the map is surrounded by sandstone, so TnT will help quite a bit to reach buried survivors.

Survivors are the intrepid band of adventurers. They come armed with torches, basic weaponry, and a few "flavor" items.

Kits:
HunterFree:
Scourge:
- STONE_SWORD
- STONE_PICKAXE
Juggernaut:
Plaguebringer:
- IRON_HELMET
- IRON_CHESTPLATE
- IRON_LEGGINGS
- IRON_BOOTS
- DIAMOND_SWORD
- BOW
- GRILLED_PORK|16
- POTION.16484|16
- POTION.16428|16
- POTION.16394|16
- POTION.16421|16
- POTION.16450|2
- ARROW|64
HunterLeader:
Cadaver:
- GOLD_LEGGINGS
- GOLD_CHESTPLATE
- GOLD_BOOTS
- GOLD_PICKAXE
- BOW
- ARROW|32
- IRON_SWORD
- POTION.8193|1
- TORCH|8
HunterStart:
Shambler:
- TNT|12
- STONE_PICKAXE
- FLINT_AND_STEEL
- STONE_SWORD
- TORCH|8
Horror:
- IRON_SWORD
- CHAINMAIL_CHESTPLATE
- CHAINMAIL_BOOTS
- POTION.8201|1
- ENDER_PEARL|2
- TORCH|8
Shrieker:
- LEATHER_LEGGINGS
- LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
- LEATHER_BOOTS
- BOW
- ARROW|32
- STONE_SWORD
- POTION.34|1
- TORCH|8
SurvivorStart:
Adventurer:
- IRON_HELMET
- BOW
- ARROW|32
- STRING|1
- TORCH|8
- BREAD|3
- BOOK|1
- POTION.5|1
- APPLE|8
Spelunker:
- LEATHER_HELMET
- LEATHER_BOOTS
- TNT|4
- FLINT_AND_TINDER
- WOOD_SWORD
- WOOD_PICKAXE
- STRING|1
- TORCH|8
- BREAD|3
Explorer:
- CHAINMAIL_HELMET
- STONE_SWORD
- BOW
- ARROW|8
- COMPASS|1
- TORCH|8
- GRILLED_PORK|3

Random or choose kits?: Random

Screenshots:
View of the top level with the spawn and the entrance to the ruins. Players should not spend much time up here as there are no chests, no places to hide, and plenty of spider spawners. Head on in and get to explorin!

The spawn is covered so that humans cannot snipe hunters from the top of the building as they load the map.

One of the underground chambers with brightness turned up to the maximum.

Notes:
TNT DAMAGE ON! Hunters should use TnT to create alternate routes to survivors through the sandstone, and survivors may use TnT to create escape routes.

This is an underground exploration map. Most of the map is quite dark, so I've set the biome to mushroom to disable mob spawns. There are a few mob spawners in strategic locations to keep things interesting. If mob spawners are not allowed or do not work properly with AoD, let me know and I'll rework them.

Players are allowed to place and destroy torches after the build time is up. If the lighting changes causes too much server strain, then I'll create a pre-lit version.

Story:
Welcome, recruit, to the Y'Ghatan dig site! We've finally located the legendary city thought forever lost to the shifting sands. Now all we need is ambitious volunteers (like yourself) to explore the depths and recover anything of value. Remember, you get to keep 5% of what you find, with additional incentives available dependent on performance.

Please disregard any rumors of infectious diseases. These have been spread by malicious competitors, jealous of our success.

Also, please try not to stay out after dark. The spiders can be a nuisance.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bedyoh3n15n37ke

Input File:
Code:
MapName: Y'Ghatan
Author: Guinessis
BuildTime: 120
GameTime: 600
WorldTime: 13000
SpawnProtectTime: 5
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    ==: Vector
    x: 68.5
    y: 76.0
    z: 100.5
  ChooseKit: false
  OneKitPerRound: false
  KitResetTime: 5
  BoxChance: 0
Team1:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    x: 68.5
    y: 76.0
    z: 100.5
  ChooseKit: false
Centre:
    x: 80.0
    y: 50.0
    z: 95.0
WorldSize: 80.0
SkyLimit: 110.0
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: false
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: false
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: false
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: false
MysteryBoxChance: 0
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
- CHEST
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
- TORCH
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
- CHEST
Kit:
HunterFree:
  Scourge:
    - STONE_SWORD
    - WOOD_PICKAXE
  Juggernaut:
    Plaguebringer:
    - IRON_HELMET
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    - IRON_LEGGINGS
    - IRON_BOOTS
    - DIAMOND_SWORD
    - BOW
    - GRILLED_PORK|16
    - POTION.16484|16
    - POTION.16428|16
    - POTION.16394|16
    - POTION.16421|16
    - POTION.16450|2
    - ARROW|64
  HunterLeader:
    Cadaver:
    - GOLD_LEGGINGS
    - GOLD_CHESTPLATE
    - GOLD_BOOTS
    - GOLD_PICKAXE
    - BOW
    - ARROW|32
    - IRON_SWORD
    - POTION.8193|1
    - TORCH|8
  HunterStart:
    Shambler:
    - TNT|12
    - STONE_PICKAXE
    - FLINT_AND_STEEL
    - STONE_SWORD
    - TORCH|8
    Horror:
    - IRON_SWORD
    - CHAINMAIL_CHESTPLATE
    - CHAINMAIL_BOOTS
    - POTION.8201|1
    - ENDER_PEARL|2
    - TORCH|8
    Shrieker:
    - LEATHER_LEGGINGS
    - LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
    - LEATHER_BOOTS
    - BOW
    - ARROW|32
    - STONE_SWORD
    - POTION.8226|1
    - TORCH|8
  SurvivorStart:
    Adventurer:
    - IRON_HELMET
    - BOW
    - ARROW|32
    - STRING|1
    - TORCH|8
    - BREAD|3
    - BOOK|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - APPLE|8
    Spelunker:
    - LEATHER_HELMET
    - LEATHER_BOOTS
    - TNT|4
    - FLINT_AND_TINDER
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - WOOD_PICKAXE
    - STRING|1
    - TORCH|8
    - BREAD|3
    Explorer:
    - CHAINMAIL_HELMET
    - STONE_SWORD
    - BOW
    - ARROW|8
    - COMPASS|1
    - TORCH|8
    - GRILLED_PORK|3
Chest:
  HunterBox:
    Awesome:
  MysteryBox:
    Legendary:

Writr

Reaction score
Again, another fantastic map. I'll admit the kits are a bit unique, however they seem pretty balanced when compared to each other, so I'll the strangeness slide. :p

Overall the map is a lot better than some of the ones on the server currently because 1) there aren't any spots where survivors can easily camp and win, and 2) it's all fairly balanced so that hunters aren't going to just slaughter the survivors. It looks cool, it has a unique feel compared to all the other maps on the server currently, and I think it would be really fun to play on. Here's to hoping (though let's be honest, it's pretty obvious) it will get added! :D

Guinessis

Reaction score
Again, another fantastic map. I'll admit the kits are a bit unique, however they seem pretty balanced when compared to each other, so I'll the strangeness slide. :p

Overall the map is a lot better than some of the ones on the server currently because 1) there aren't any spots where survivors can easily camp and win, and 2) it's all fairly balanced so that hunters aren't going to just slaughter the survivors. It looks cool, it has a unique feel compared to all the other maps on the server currently, and I think it would be really fun to play on. Here's to hoping (though let's be honest, it's pretty obvious) it will get added! :D
Thanks Writr! I admit to enjoying bizarre kits as they add a bit of flavor to the map. I think that Serpents does this particularly well.

As an update, I've modified the top level a bit so it's not quite as plain with shrubs and woodwork on the dome. Hopefully players will not spend much time up top. The map extends from y = 90 all the way to bedrock, so it's a bit of a hike to the bottom. I have included a few holes (with water at the base) so that the hunters may reach the bottom faster, and the TnT in the kits should help with this as well.

EDIT: Map updated 7/17/12. New chambers added (minor), chest contents tweaked, fall damage bug fixed.

EDIT 2: Updated kits 7/20/12. Hunter weaponry improved to match weapons available in the map. Juggernaut changed to Plaguebringer (Iron Armor, lots of poison and harming potions).

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Another brilliantly made map here and I have no doubt the gameplay ill be brilliant. However, Wasn't Y' Ghatan a city :p? The feel of the map is great although the top of the map could do with a few more buildings, shacks and whatnot, to make the top seem a little less bland. I realise that survivors arent meant to hide at the top, but I think a few more buildings could really add to the aesthetics.

Guinessis

Reaction score
Another brilliantly made map here and I have no doubt the gameplay ill be brilliant. However, Wasn't Y' Ghatan a city :p? The feel of the map is great although the top of the map could do with a few more buildings, shacks and whatnot, to make the top seem a little less bland. I realise that survivors arent meant to hide at the top, but I think a few more buildings could really add to the aesthetics.
Hurray for Malazan Book of the Fallen! Y'Ghatan is the city from the book The Bonehunters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bonehunters). The city is set aflame by the defending forces, forcing the attackers to hide inside a central palace. As they are roasted alive, they find a way through the floor into an ancient series of catacombs underneath the city. This map is loosely based on that part of the story. I couldn't very well set the entire outside region on fire without causing some severe server lag, so I decided to go with an archeological dig premise.

I'm currently working my way through Toll the Hounds. It is taking a very long time.

I'll come up with some creative structures on the top level. Perhaps a few more entrances into the catacombs will fit nicely, along with a few more fences/ruined shacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.