Priest:
- WOOD_SWORD
- BOW
- ARROW|16
- POTION.16389|5
- POTION.16396|5
Random or choose kits?: Random
Screenshots:
Overview. The map is based on a massive cubic relic found hovering inside a large crater. A tribe of survivors have settled inside of the interior and constructed shops, houses, and workstations.

Above the map.

Underneath. The cube is suspended by a spiral staircase at the bottom of the crater. Pathways and stations loop around the underside.

Side of the crater. Water flows into one of the rooms. The bridge in the distance is the main entrance from the spawn. External walkways cross from level to level through the surrounding jungle.

Interior 1. The cube is broken up into 27 large rooms with connecting arches and paths. The settlers have constructed their own shacks and meeting areas inside.

Interior 2. A marketplace with various vendors and pumpkins on display.

Interior 3. The central column of the cube. This extends from the spiral staircase in the crater to the upper levels.

Interior 4. A pool of water in one of the lower levels.
Notes: The citizens of Relic have continued their peaceful lives for decades, sheltered from the outside world in their massive stone halls. However the ancient shades that haunt the structure are beginning to stir.

This is recreated from my last major map project for classic zombie, Pandora. The interior city is all new to spice things up a bit, and the required adjustments have been made for AoD (fall damage, water physics, lighting, etc). The map is in a mushroom biome, so monsters may be spawned from eggs and nothing else.

Iron must be unbreakable for all sides for the entire game.

The kits and chests have been designed to promote archery over swordplay. There are a few swords, but none more powerful than wood. I did play around with enchanting and added a few "fun" items (with inspiration from Raz) to the chests.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?13yt4vxvczkxj91

Input File (not sure how to make iron unbreakable during build time):
Code:
MapName: Relic
Author: Guinessis
BuildTime: 120
GameTime: 600
WorldTime: 13000
SpawnProtectTime: 5
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    ==: Vector
    x: -54.5
    y: 67
    z: 92.5
  ChooseKit: false
  OneKitPerRound: false
  KitResetTime: 5
  BoxChance: 0
Team1:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    y: 67
    z: 92.5
  ChooseKit: false
Centre:
  y: 120.5
  z: 172.5
WorldSize: 110
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: false
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: false
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: false
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: false
MysteryBoxChance: 0
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
-BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
-BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedPlace:

HunterRestrictedBreak:
-IRON
Kit:
  HunterLeader:
    Eidolon:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - BOW
    - ARROW|64
    - ENDER_PEARL|3
    - LEATHER_LEGGINGS
    - MAIL_CHESTPLATE
    - LEATHER_BOOTS
    - POTION.34|1
  HunterStart:
    Apparition:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - BOW
    - ARROW|64
    - LEATHER_BOOTS
    - LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
    Shade:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - POTION.34|1
    - BOW
    - ARROW|64
    - POTION.16404|3
    Banshee:
    - ENDER_PEARL|1
    - POTION.16388|1
    - POTION.16396|3
    - POTION.16456|1
    - POTION.16394|1
    - BOW
    - ARROW|64
  SurvivorStart:
    Citizen:
    - BOW
    - LEATHER_LEGGINGS
    - LEATHER_BOOTS
    - ARROW|16
    - BREAD|4
    Priest:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - BOW
    - ARROW|16
    - POTION.16389|5
    - POTION.16396|5
Chest:
  HunterBox:
    Awesome:
  MysteryBox:
    Legendary:

T

TBDWFE1

Love the map, love the idea of more archery than sword fighting, and love your maps always :p

Guinessis

Reaction score
Reminds me of Pandora's box, great map guin :D
Probably because it is ;)

Hurray for MCEdit and import .dat. While most of the classic maps are a bit too small for AoD, there are a few that I'm interested in overhauling for AoD. It still takes a while to update the lighting, chests, and details but it's a lot easier than building a whole new level from scratch. Plus it's cool to see my old favorite maps with new shiny blocks and lighting. Sometime next month I'm hoping to update Sunspots/Fortress as well.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Went through the map, the map looks good considering you changed the classes to wooden swords so survivors actualy have to go and find a better sword and armor is allright. There is some questiona ble chests thought. And 1 last thing I found these items on the map that are over powered (bone is questionable really not as bad as the feather). Really? I could easily hit a hunter half way across the map with the feather killing them if I was on top of the map(I tried this with a wolf and it went flying across the map from the center of the map). We allready had a problem with overpowered items on a map befor and this to me is considered overpowered. -1

Edit: After the items were nerfed I beleive the map is allright to play on now and im changing my -1 to a +1

• Useful
Reactions: Guinessis

Guinessis

Reaction score
Went through the map, the map looks good considering you changed the classes to wooden swords so survivors actualy have to go and find a better sword and armor is allright. There is some questiona ble chests thought. And 1 last thing I found these items on the map that are over powered (bone is questionable really not as bad as the feather). Really? I could easily hit a hunter half way across the map with the feather killing them if I was on top of the map(I tried this with a wolf and it went flying across the map from the center of the map). We allready had a problem with overpowered items on a map befor and this to me is considered overpowered. -1
Updated the dl link. Knockback has been removed from the bone and reduced to level II on all other items.

The intent for those items was to provide a method for getting some space. Since the map is designed for shootouts, knockback isn't as detrimental as it would be on other maps as players won't be in melee range as often. Still after messing around with them a bit on the roof I agree that it would be rather easy to camp and send players flying over the ledge as they arrive. They've all been reduced to a maximum of II.

Reactions: Haysagar

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
May want another quick look round the map Guin ;) , still found these knockback items not reduced to II:

Also, I found these 'Punch' bows, which, after testing can fling a zombie easily across the map without having to fully charge the bow, having the same affect as the knockback items:

If you can't seem to be able to find them, let me know, I just didnt want too many pictures in the same post.

Reactions: Haysagar

Guinessis

Reaction score
When did you download that? Those were definitely fixed in the latest version - that rose doesn't exist anymore. I'll re-upload to be safe.

Mmk, there was an error somewhere along the line. Reuploaded and checked the new dl links to be safe.

EDIT: Ok, deleted all of the old versions and reuploaded the files. Should be good to go now for all maps.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
When did you download that? Those were definitely fixed in the latest version - that rose doesn't exist anymore. I'll re-upload to be safe.

Mmk, there was an error somewhere along the line. Reuploaded and checked the new dl links to be safe.

EDIT: Ok, deleted all of the old versions and reuploaded the files. Should be good to go now for all maps.
Yup, had another look through the new file and all seems good :). A better balance in the chests and considerably less chance of raining hunters, well adjusted! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.