Screenshots:
Aerial view of the table (fully enclosed with no build):​
View of the table and the elevated hunter spawn:​
One of the four chests in the hunter spawn:​
Optional watervator room for the starting hunter to obtain a knockback hoe.​
Certain doom if you get knocked down here:​
Notes:
Nobuild Map
Fun with knockback hoes! Set on an enormous pool table, with lava waiting in the holes. Hunters have a separate spawn with chests loaded with knockback VIII hoes. The starting hunter has the option of either climbing the watervator (which will kill any human who attempts it) or jumping into a hole to respawn.​
Round time is set to 5 minutes, with build time at 30 seconds.​
Input File:
Code:
MapName: PoolHall
Author: Guinessis
BuildTime: 30
GameTime: 300
WorldTime: 20000
SpawnProtectTime: 5
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
  SpawnType: 2
  SpawnLocation:
    ==: Vector
    x: 100.0
    y: 42.0
    z: 100.0
  ChooseKit: false
  OneKitPerRound: false
  KitResetTime: 5
  BoxChance: 0
Team1:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    x: 75.0
    y: 35
  ChooseKit: false
Centre:
    x: 100.0
    y: 64
WorldSize: 60.0
SkyLimit: 200.0
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: true
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: true
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
MysteryBoxChance: 0
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
- DIRT
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
- TORCH
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
Kit:
HunterFree:
  CueBall:
    - DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
    - DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - POTION.8258|1
  Juggernaut:
    Doomed:
    - DIAMOND_HELMET
    - DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
    - DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS
    - BOW
    - GRILLED_PORK|16
    - WOOL|64
    - POTION.8258|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.8257|1
    - ARROW|64
    - FLINT_AND_STEEL
  HunterLeader:
    CueBall:
    - DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
    - DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - POTION.8258|1
  HunterStart:
    CueBall:
    - DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
    - DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - POTION.8258|1
  SurvivorStart:
    EightBall:
    - DIAMOND_HELMET
    - DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
    - DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS
    - BREAD|2
    - INK_SAC

• Winner
Reactions: ConstructionBoy
L

Later_Gator

This is an amazing concept for an AoD map. Keep up the great work. It'd be interesting to see a map along the lines of King of The Hill (kind of like the classic map) with Knockback hoes.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Love the creative ideas! The spawn type is controlled by; #SpawnType# in the map config.

I think:
0 = default
2 = at coords listed in #SpawnLocation#
1 = 3 attempts for random spawn within +/- #WorldSize# (if fails finding a place, it does 0)

You may have to check the serpents config to see if it's 1 or 2.

The first hunter is just converted on the spot, but there's no reason why I couldn't add another map config to teleport the first hunter(s) or juggernaut to specific coords.

EIDT: 2 is the fixed locations, 1 is random.

Guinessis

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll see if I can dig up the config file for Serpent and copy the format.

Teleporting the starting hunter would work well for specific cases (such as this map) - setting it in the map config would be fantastic.

I didn't know random spawns were an option. Would it be possible to make a game mode (randomly enabled, similar to juggernaut) for free-for-all combat that toggled the spawn settings to random spawns for the duration of the round? Player with the highest kdr when the round time expires wins. I had the idea a while back but was afraid that the traditional single spawn would lead to a lot of spawn camping and combat would be focused entirely at that starting point, but randomizing the spawns would help a bit. Might be fun to test if the coding involved isn't too extensive.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll see if I can dig up the config file for Serpent and copy the format.

Teleporting the starting hunter would work well for specific cases (such as this map) - setting it in the map config would be fantastic.

I didn't know random spawns were an option. Would it be possible to make a game mode (randomly enabled, similar to juggernaut) for free-for-all combat that toggled the spawn settings to random spawns for the duration of the round? Player with the highest kdr when the round time expires wins. I had the idea a while back but was afraid that the traditional single spawn would lead to a lot of spawn camping and combat would be focused entirely at that starting point, but randomizing the spawns would help a bit. Might be fun to test if the coding involved isn't too extensive.
FFA would have been amazing in AoD. But are you thinking about it may appear on all maps? Some maps are very big and it might not work so good at them. Also shall blocks be possible destroy all round, and will the PvP start at round start?

Writr

Reaction score
On topic to the map....another map with hilarious kits and an original concept. It'll probably mean short rounds - especially with the server being full all of the time, meaning a lot of Hunters very fast - but it'll be fun. Looks awesome!

Edit: I noticed that in one of the pictures it said noclip, but SPC hasn't been updated for 1.3 yet. Out of curiosity, is there like a pseudo-SPC mod with WorldEdit available for 1.3, or was most of this done pre-1.3?

Guinessis

Reaction score
On topic to the map....another map with hilarious kits and an original concept. It'll probably mean short rounds - especially with the server being full all of the time, meaning a lot of Hunters very fast - but it'll be fun. Looks awesome!

Edit: I noticed that in one of the pictures it said noclip, but SPC hasn't been updated for 1.3 yet. Out of curiosity, is there like a pseudo-SPC mod with WorldEdit available for 1.3, or was most of this done pre-1.3?
Haha yes - I set the round time to 5 minutes in anticipation of this, but if even that is too long then we'll make it shorter. I want the survivors to feel like they've got a fighting chance.

Also I made the Juggernaut kit "Doomed" because let's be honest, he won't last long even with all of that fancy stuff.

Right - I can't stand building without SPC and my lovely keybinds for //hpos, /noclip, /fly, /light etc so I keep a backup copy of my fully modified 1.2.5.

Guinessis

Reaction score
Ok, it's been about a week with no complaints or concerns. Before the map is loaded onto the server we'll have to check the config settings required for a separate spawn.

Baker93 , UltimateBudgie , would one of you take a look at the Serpents configuration and let me know the setting for Team0 ->SpawnType ? Also if you have the time please apply that value to the team 0 spawn type for Divided so that hunters spawn safely in their own building. Thanks!