[AoD]Map Submission: Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinessis

Reaction score
Name of Map: Academy (name at creation was Research, may have to be changed)
Author: Guinessis
Size: 120x120
Map Boundaries:
Center (Marked by Sponge): -195, 90
Side Length: 2*60 (For Square Geometry)
Radius: 75 (For Circular Geometry to include the corners)

Kits: FEEDBACK PLEASE!
Current kits contain a few more goodies than traditional so the playing field is more level for new players/survivors. Build time should be set to 30 seconds so survivors have to keep moving in packs across the map picking up supplies rather than camping a single spot with the best items. That's the goal of the map anyway - if the hunters know where you are, you'd better find a new spot. Keep on the move and use spiderwebs + slowness potions to keep the hunter horde at bay.
Survivor:

Scientist:
Splash Potion of Harming x 5
Splash Potion of Healing x 5
Potion of Swiftness x 1
Splash Potion of Slowness x 3
Potion of Regeneration I x 1

Guard:
Stone Sword
Bow
Arrows x 8
Iron Helmet
Iron Chestplate
Leather Leggings
Iron Boots

Engineer:
Bow
Arrows x 8
Leather Chestplate
Leather Leggings
Leather Boots
Dirt x 16
Spiderweb x 16
Shears
Flint and Steel
TNT x 2 (TNT MAP DAMAGE ON)
Bucket x 2

Hunter:

Berserker:
Iron Sword
Leather Chestplate
Leather Leggings
Leather Boots
Potion of Strength x 1

Stalker:
Stone Sword
Bow
Arrows x 64
Potion of Swiftness x 1
Leather Boots
Leather Leggings
Ender Pearl x 3

Goliath:
Wooden Sword
Iron Chestplate
Iron Leggings
Iron Boots
Potion of Regeneration II x 1

Saboteur:
Wooden Sword
Iron Pick
Leather Chestplate
Leather Leggings
Leather Boots
Flint and Steel
Shears
Dirt x 64
Bucket x 2
TNT x 4 (TNT MAP DAMAGE ON)

Random or choose kits? Choose if possible.

Screenshots:
Day Overview. Starting at the left side and continuing clockwise:
Building 1: Biomimetics Institute. Contains brewing equipment, potions, etc.
Building 2: Dining facilities and archives. Contains precious food, books, and enchanting tables.
Building 3 (bottom right): Engineering. Contains additional weapons and utility blocks (TNT, spiderwebs, etc)
Each of these centers are connected by three walkways: the outer bridges, central paths, and underground sewers. There are very few rooms that contain dead ends (and most of them you don't want to stay in).

Night Overview:

Archives A:

Archives B:

Workroom Example:

Indoor Garden:

Reactor Room:

Engineering:

Sewer Entrance:

Notes:
Build Time: 0:30
TNT Map Damage ON
SURVIVORS CANNOT BREAK STONE (no other restrictions - saw a player tunnel to bedrock this afternoon, I'd rather avoid that nonsense)

Built this map in creative with single player commands, then trimmed excess chunks to reduce the map size. The playing area will fit in a 8x8 chunk region, so if it's more suitable feel free to prune the remaining chunks for square geometry.

Let's hope it works!

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?o2mbesb1m7ao53v

Degekken

Reaction score
And the classic zombie server just lost his awesome sauce builder thanks to beta zombie survival.

I love this one, very great work guin.

Guinessis

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Also as a side note - I just realized that one of the underground rooms is perched above an underground chasm - patching it up right now but it'll take a few hours before I can upload the fixed version. DL link is temporarily removed.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Looks nice, and quite a large space too for the survivors ;)

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
WTF YOU GUYS AREN'T STAFF, WHY ARE YOU IN THIS THREAD
I like the map, +1 for aesthetics, gonna download the map and check later.
Btw, enchantments on kits do NOT work, so if you want to tweak 'em around to counteract that, you may

Guinessis

Reaction score
Btw, enchantments on kits do NOT work, so if you want to tweak 'em around to counteract that, you may

FFFFUUUUUUU

Time to adjust the classes!

Fixed the underground chasm issue - this also reduced the map size a bit (win-win!). Added the new download links, and I'll work on class changes.

EDIT: Removed enchanted items from the kits.

Numberplay

Reaction score
WTF YOU GUYS AREN'T STAFF, WHY ARE YOU IN THIS THREAD
Since when only staff can talk here?

Ok I've seen the map after downloading it. I quickly found something that annoys me a bit too much. I mean the chests. They are all filled with too much stuff. Especially in the engineering room where all chests have between 2 and 5 enchanted items with the rest filled with the same item not enchanted. That is overpowered.

So i cannot personally approve of this map while these chests are still the same.

Guinessis

Reaction score
Since when only staff can talk here?

Ok I've seen the map after downloading it. I quickly found something that annoys me a bit too much. I mean the chests. They are all filled with too much stuff. Especially in the engineering room where all chests have between 2 and 5 enchanted items with the rest filled with the same item not enchanted. That is overpowered.

So i cannot personally approve of this map while these chests are still the same.
Easy enough to fix. I left a decent chunk of items in the chests so that more players would have access - none of them are particularly overpowered by themselves (stone swords, leather armor, etc). Players start out with a decent kit already, and the items give them a chance to round out their kits. I think it'll work better than leaving a sparse selection of overpowered items for players to fight over (diamond armor, iron armor, etc).

I'll still do a bit of trimming and reupload. New version coming soon-ish.

EDIT: New version uploaded with fewer weapons (removed gold chestplates, removed iron sword, removed extra bows, reduced amount of leather armor. Only remaining enchanted items are: Bow with infinity and flame I, Stone Sword with bane of arthropods, and Boots with feather fall + projectile I). Also requesting that Survivors can never break stone, but no other restrictions.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Maybe not your prettiest map, but very sexy inside. Should play out very well considering the unique lighting and areas. +1. Iguana I think we should let Players help decide as well, sometimes they know just as much, if not more than us. Plus, I should hope there's some passionate map voters out there who aren't Staff, being not allowed to post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.