Anti-camping Infos(in depth)

Reactor

Reaction score
I whould like to know the exact mechanism that determine when a player is gonna be burned to death by the anti-camping system.
The message says that you have to move 8 blocks away within 60 seconds but I think there is more to it.
Does moving diagonally count as 2 blocks, 1 block or the root of 2 blocks?
Does moving to the y axis (up or down) count?
Does moving back and forth count?
Does the amount of blocks moved reset or decrease when the 30 sec message appear?
Any other infos?

I doubt that anyone else know except the one who coded it.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
AntiCamp was created in answer to a bukkit bug that meant a player staying in one chunk for a time would become invulnerable. You had to die, this is why such a feature exists.

The other damage methods all do area damage which have the potential to harm or kill anyone nearby, so were not a practical choice.

Both Hunters and Survivors have the same damage attack damage, the exception being that Hunters must take more than a certain value to actually 'take' damage, otherwise you'll see the 'Deflected your attack' message.

In the latest update Anticamp range can be changed (e.g. set to 1, to stop those hiding in 1x2) or removed entirely.
To answer your questions
You need to actually move 16 blocks away from your point where it alerts you of anti-camp, in any direction so as to traverse a chunk. I'm not sure about vertically: does crossing a subsection of a chunk (a chunk is divided into 16 subsections of 16 blocks high each) count or not?
Basically, you must -not- stay in a chunk too long. So you have to move out of that chunk regardless of what you do. It doesn't tell you when you've crossed a chunk unless the message stops bitching.

• Agree
Reactions: Baker93

Reactor

Reaction score
I got 2 different answers. :eek: What about the diagonally movement or vertical Listing?

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
If you move 8 blocks diagonally, you've moved 8 blocks in two cardinal directions, at least one of which matters. How would it not count? Any experiences you have otherwise only indicate that you DIDN'T move 8 full blocks.

Writr

Reaction score
I think that it's still slightly bugged. For example, I had built a sky-course with some stuff on Fortress, and left enough horizontal room for 6 blocks so that when anti-camp came, I would be safe. When I finally got that message, I moved the six blocks away from the position where I had gotten the message. 30 seconds later, I got the same message, so I started building outwards. I was maybe 8-9 blocks away from the original point I had gotten the anti-camp message when I got set on fire and turned Hunter.
*shrug* Maybe I just got unlucky then or something, but anti-camps sensing of how far 4 blocks is is not entirely accurate. Could be worse, though.