Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
IGN:
AngelWV

Time-zone:
English (GMT)

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?:
Due to me having school and such, I'd probably be spending around 10-15 hours a week (2-3 hours a day), weekends I could spend around 4-7 hours a day. Depending on how well I am doing then my activity should be stable around there.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?:
I believe an Operator should be able to balance out their game play and make sure that the server is satisfactory for every play online. Operator's should be friendly and welcoming to players that are either new or regular to the server, while being able to familiar with server itself and being at a player's disposal when needed with help such as a possible flooding, grief, stealing.

What sets you apart from the other applicants?:
I believe that what sets me differently from the other applicants is that I, and fellow applicants, are unique in our own way; some of us may have various staffing experiences whether it is on Blocktopia or servers outside of this community, but some of us may not. My staff experiences on A&T for 7 months had provided me with the knowledge to know how to be of assistance when it comes to servers that provide games. During my time being staff on A&T I learned how to host and run rounds of Hunger Games and other popular map-styles, which I believe will allow me to provide good responsibility when it comes to staffing a round of Lava Survival. While my experience on BuildBox for 9 months has given be experience with being able to deal with Grief, which will most definitely help when it comes to dealing with Grief, Flooding and Stealing of possessions. I do try to help players when online, whether it is supplying the simplest things like blocks, or food, or helping them with what rank they could get and how much it may cost.

I tend to generally try to blend in with the users, changing my attitude and the context of how I talk to get on with the user I am talking to so that they don't feel Intimidated, or undermined if I start using big words and grammar, etc.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?:
I believe my greatest weakness is arguing. I don't intentionally mean it, but with the right person a simple thought can turn into an argument, though I believe I am under control of that and have Improved from before.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?:
I would ask a Controller, or Director if available to confirm any actions or clarify if something is allowed/disallowed. If one was not available I'd go to a fellow staff member for help or their thoughts on the problem, from there on I'd decide on a suitable decision on what the problem is about to try and solve it.

Thank-you for taking your time to read this,
AngelWV

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
Going with a 0.

It has been such a long time. And you STILL haven't fixed that issue with arguing with people. I have witnessed it so many times recently and it is just getting so annoying. But it is true that I can kind of see that you slightly under control over that but I still have yet to believe you are fully control over it.

I want this arguing to stop completely. If not, you are not getting a +1 from me.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Going with a 0.

It has been such a long time. And you STILL haven't fixed that issue with arguing with people. I have witnessed it so many times recently and it is just getting so annoying. But it is true that I can kind of see that you slightly under control over that but I still have yet to believe you are fully control over it.

I want this arguing to stop completely. If not, you are not getting a +1 from me.
I will most definitely try my best to get it under control, thanks for the feedback. :)

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
After talking about you a fair amount with fellow staff, I've come a very similar decision as Shande. However, I'm willing to let you give it a go; if no problems arise in the few upcoming days, I'm willing to give you a +1.

Sploorky

Reaction score
I'm honestly torn. You are friendly, you can be helpful, and I know you are not a bad staff member. But Shande is right, the arguing needs to stop. You have admitted to it, and I'm sure you are working on it, but it still hasn't completely stopped, and I want it to. In the future, once it is fully controlled, I can see myself giving a +1. I just do not think that time is now.

• Agree
Reactions: Ronaldo

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Sploorky took the words from my mouth. The times that I have seen you, you are fun to have around with being friendly and helpful towards everyone. But the issue that is raised it not exactly unknown. What I would like, as my suggestion, would be to continue doing what you are doing. Showing us you have worked on it, keeping up your good attitude in the server, activity, etc, etc. and then reapplying after we've seen you some more now that we have acknowledged what you have said. Otherwise good luck with your application. :)

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
What everyone else has said pretty much sums it up. You know what you need to work on, and I expect that if you plan to apply again, then this issue will be fixed and will not be brought upon us ever again. You're a great staff member, and your helpfulness is satisfying, but I am going with a 0 until I have noticed some improvement with your issue. Other then that, keep up the good work and don't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.