Alertness

Reaction score
Today, last round, we had 3 floods. No operators were on irc, Ragetastic96 was afk and I think std1997 was in the lobby. None of them were responding and we waited like 15-20 minutes for a restore. I know Rituals of fire is more of an AFK place but atleast when your afk PLEASE get on irc so we can contact you. We shouldnt have to contact the directors because there was a flood. Finally rage came on but it was a really long wait. Please, Ops+ be more careful when afking and be alert. We rely on you because we can't really do anything. Im not trying to blame anyone im just trying to encourage people to get on irc more. Thank you for your time and thank you for viewing this thread. I hope you all have a good day :D

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I don't see an immediate reason for this thread to have been made, honestly. Not to be mean but this is the second useless thread I've seen in the span of 5 minutes, to be honest. It's sometimes frustrating to have some Ops that are AFK, but there's almost always a way to contact another Operator; be it TeamSpeak (which I know you, for one, have) and main IRC.

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
IRC, although very useful, is not effective if that person is actually AFK (Away from the keyboard) . I'm not going to hear a *ding* if I'm downstairs eating lunch. I will acknowledge your concerns, however. The blame is mine, I was responding to some forum posts at the time. I should have downloaded ice chat and requested to be voiced much earlier. Std was contacted on ts, but he was away from his computer and could not do anything.

I don't believe there were any directors on at the time either, but if there was, they are still staff and should be more than willing to help you if they can. No staff member is going to leave a griefer there to cause floods if they can help it. No matter what their rank.

I will defend my fellow staff, however, when I say the majority of the staff are in close time zones. GMT-5/-6/-7. Summer time can be very busy, not every staff member can be available every day. I can say that all of our staff make their weekly requirement. Our community it not big enough to have staff on or available 24/7. 12:00-3:00pm Eastern Daylight Time (GMT-5) is a bad 3 hours for staffing, which is why I try to make myself available. That's midday for the U.S staff, whom are generally out and about. The European staff are eating dinner at that time, and the Australian staff are sleeping.

I have to agree with love. I realize my own fault in the matter, but don't expect the other staff to make themselves more available when they are making well beyond their required time and still having to manage a busy life.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I don't see an immediate reason for this thread to have been made, honestly. Not to be mean but this is the second useless thread I've seen in the span of 5 minutes, to be honest. It's sometimes frustrating to have some Ops that are AFK, but there's almost always a way to contact another Operator; be it TeamSpeak (which I know you, for one, have) and main IRC.
If something needs to be brought up to attention and a player feels it's necessary to do so, then let them do it. You never know if other players may feel the same about what Awesumus mentioned, because many people may feel that they shouldn't bring it up. So once something like this is in an open forum, then maybe they will speak up.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
If something needs to be brought up to attention and a player feels it's necessary to do so, then let them do it. You never know if other players may feel the same about what Awesumus mentioned, because many people may feel that they shouldn't bring it up. So once something like this is in an open forum, then maybe they will speak up.
Okay, yes, voice your concerns. That's all good. But how are you going to stop people from having to go AFK? How is a thread going to stop that?

• Agree
Reactions: ShadeSlayer98

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't play rof, but the issue here is obvious. From what I can tell, the main purpose of an Op is in my opinion 'To maintain the integrity and fun factor of the game experience'. Having played a lot of classic lava, I understand the frustration of being flooded. It ruins the game experience it is the operators duty to uphold.
Now, since I don't play much RoF, my opinion may not be the most important, but it still should count.
My suggestion(s) :
1: most people have smartphones. Most smartphones have free IRC apps. If you're ask, have one open and running, so if you're pinged and ask, you still get it. (I don't even use desktop IRC because it's more convenient to have IRC where ever I am anyway.)
2: (if this is already implemented ignore it, like I said I don't play rof) put in some sort of a report feature so that if nobody is around, a case can still in some regard be reviewed, or at least the perpetrator questioned.
Just something to think about :)

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
How I handle floods is I panic, I just panic a lot. Even when there are staff members on I still panic. I hope this advice will help you the same way it helped me.
You forgot nagging the operator who is helping about your restore constantly while they are busy fixing the flood and restoring others