[Advice Wanted] Marsh_Land

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Well I have been making this map for RoF recently and I have been stuck at what else to add in here. The overall theme (as you guessed) is a marsh/swamp land. I am not the best builder though by the way, and if you want to take a look around it's in terrain /warp marsh_land screenshots of it are found below.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Perhaps a cave system would work out. With it cutting into an abandoned mineshaft and having lava at the bottom.
I had thought about doing that but the only problem had been that the cave system would call for very very easy homes, although I could try to work out a way for it to flood entirely.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I think, for RoF, it needs to have a few more levels of height? Just so the waves don't have to be about 3 blocks everytime :)
For example, if you look at 'falls', it is a bit like yours (in my opinion), but it has a hill, then a grassy layer, then a staircase/waterfall going down to another grassy layer, and then a waterfall going down to a ravine. Every map on RoF seems to have a lot of height.

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
Make it better.
But seriously. Maybe add some more, bigger trees. Handmake them; it adds to the feel and makes the map better in general. A cave would be nice also, as I assume you've already started.

Reactions: Zelz

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Hmm... I might like to try makin' a ROF or AOD map myself.

Dess, maybe add a Mayan Cenote-type thing (like an underwater cavern and give everyone a respiration helmet)
Firstly, I'm also hoping to make one. Still need to finish the RoF one Draco and I started.
Secondly, he should have made that on the 21st. :3

Prizyms I am only builder so I cannot do that.
Call an Op+ over or something, and ask them to set it for you if you can't do it yourself. Never knew Builders can't set a biome in their plot ;o
If nobody's on, I'll do it when I'm on if you want.