Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Username: Creeper_JeepersS
Approximately Amount of time spent on the server: 16 Hours
References (Adv+): None, yet...?
Screenshots of creations (along with warps to the creations): Here's one screenie, My plot warp is /warp plot22880, which is always being updated, so I can't screen it:(
Signed: Bailey, Creeper_JeepersS

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Ok so your builds are actually not to bad in your plot there good builder quality, but some of them aren't complete and I see where a lot of improvement could be done I think you applied to early to be honest. So I'm going with a -1 Don't let this discourage you just keep at it and you'll get Adv. in no time at all.

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'm going with a 0 for now. I really do love your builds, but interior is something you need to work on. Don't worry, I also have problems with interior. The more you practice, the easier it will become.

However, your exterior is awesome.

Marlem

Your local hall haunter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm going to go with a -1 for various reasons.

1) You need to work on the interior some more. Even if the outside seems good, it's useless if it doesn't have an interior that doesn't match it, much less having no interior decoration at all.
Compare to other's builds that got them adv builder. Those builds have a lot of quality at their side and it is in that route you shall accomplish what is needed.

2)As NogTrog said, a lot of improvements can be made to both sides (interior and exterior) and, also imo, you applied a little too early.

3) The first time you joined was 10 days ago it seems. I find it very difficult to trust someone who hasn't shown much of themselves in a longer period of time, and in all honesty, I don't think you've shown us what you're fully capable of yet. I find you too new to buildbox to promote you to adv builder yet.

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
1.) I understand the too early thing
2.) You guys are saying that I need to do more on the INSIDE
3.) You guys also want more out of me from the outside? Marlem said I needed to find where I need to improve, whilst, I think the outsides are just fine..

Marlem

Your local hall haunter
Reaction score
1.) I understand the too early thing
2.) You guys are saying that I need to do more on the INSIDE
3.) You guys also want more out of me from the outside? Marlem said I needed to find where I need to improve, whilst, I think the outsides are just fine..
It means that to be adv builder, there are standards and you require meeting those standards of building.

Marlem

Your local hall haunter
Reaction score
>.> So I am expected to find something on the outside of my buildings, and make it better. Whilst I cannot find anything wrong...
That is not what I meant. What I mean is that it's not in finding something wrong you become adv builder, but rather by finding things you can improve further. Even if it is good, you can still take it further to the next level. You always can.

[15:25] <BTBBot> (iiDeathCookies) The outside here looks a little 'flat'
This is proof that it's always possible to make improvements to something already good.

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'll help out whenever I'm in-game.
I'd be on longer right now, but I need to shower.
asdfghjkl;''#
I'll try hurry up, so I can help out more.

However, with practice, your builds will look amazing. Your mansion, for example, already looks awesome.

Marlem

Your local hall haunter
Reaction score
[15:41] <BTBBot> * Creeper_JeepersS I have no idea what to build
[15:44] <BTBBot> * Creeper_JeepersS I'll stay builder..
[15:44] <BTBBot> * Creeper_JeepersS I'm not good enough
[15:53] <BTBBot> * Creeper_JeepersS So, I ran out of ideas on what to build...
[15:55] <BTBBot> * Creeper_JeepersS I will never get Adv
Jus letting you know, with that attitude, you won't get adv builder any time soon, so there's one more thing to improve. Try to stay positive.
I even gave you suggestions on what to build. However I never said anything about pixelart.
[15:34] <BTBBot> * Creeper_JeepersS Any PC game is amazing
[15:34] <BTBBot> * Creeper_JeepersS Amnesia, Portal
[15:34] <BTBBot> (Marlem) try building glados.
[15:34] <BTBBot> (Marlem) or the personality cores
[15:35] <BTBBot> * Creeper_JeepersS I like TF2
[15:35] <BTBBot> (Marlem) try making heavy's gun

If you like a certain game, try building something from it. If you can even something in 3d.

Edit:
[16:20] <BTBBot> * Creeper_JeepersS Think before you say, douch

And... you just messed up on your application.

tnm

Reaction score
I'm going with a -1, sorry.Don't get me wrong, you're a nice guy. The building quality isn't quite there yet. Also, try and familiarise yourself with the server some more, it's really annoying being adv. and not knowing commands. Other then that, I do see potential, and as marvel calls it, one day I can see you in the 'lime club'!

Also, all of the above, and try not to double post. Use the edit button.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I got on to see your builds on the server and I have to say that the exterior of your houses are quite nice. The one next to the tudor-style house -- the smaller one -- looks pretty neat. Perhaps you can make some sort of village out of the houses that you create because your builds seem to have a disconnect with each other. I think it's because there isn't any terrain to build upon in your plot? WorldEdit is a great tool to use if you want to create terrain alongside your builds-- or to help build anything larger for that matter.

I do see potential in you as well, so don't be put down by what the other people have mentioned above. Take their advice and run with it. With time, experimenting with WorldEdit, creating elaborate interiors/exteriors, and simply being creative-- you'll definitely have a chance at becoming Adv.

Also, I like the idea of the discotheque, but I think that the exterior could look equally as awesome as the interior.

Good luck!

• Agree
Reactions: Hex and tnm

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
One of the key ingredients to building, in my opinion, is the shape; use less harsh angles, incorporate curves and circles to the best of your abilities. Another useful tip would be to make your walls 2-3 blocks thick, giving you more power of the depth and feel of the walls and also allowing you to break up the "flatness" of the wall; though this refers more to large scale builds rather than small.
If you have any questions or need any help regarding building, shoot me a pm and i'll help to the best of my ability.

Reactions: Zelz

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Alright. I have an idea. How about when I'm on next, which will hopefully be today sometime, we could do a collaboration. It'd teach you my ways of building, tips on detail, and vice versa. You don't have to, but personally I find collabs extremely helpful.

Another thing, is maybe you could look at a few plots by our Adv. This includes Numberplay, because he's fabulous.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I'd also like to say that you are not confident about your builds, before I even voted on your application you said you knew that the application wouldn't pass. That is why I say you applied a little to early you should be confident that your application will pass before you apply. Also I just don't like seeing members applying and not having confidence in their builds. I think you should work a little longer on your builds get a feel for the server some more and then reapply I would be more then happy to give you some tips on building. After looking closer I do see a lot of potential so I'm changing my vote to 0. I still want to see some improvement though before you get my +1.

EDIT:
Lets get this application moving

Inon
SalientGorilla
Prizyms
uhtr5r
Numberplay
AngelWV

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Whoops, I dropped the ball on this one.

These builds are about what I'd expect from an average Builder, but certainly not near the level of Advanced Builder. Like what Mac said, there is a much larger ability jump from Builder to Advanced than from Guest to Builder. Your nether town is very flat and lacks detail. Sadly I'll have to go with a -1 on this application, but keep at it. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I can see you heading in a good direction if you continue to build!