Not open for further replies.

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
*NOTICE PLEASE SAVE* Username: Creeper_JeepersS
Approximately Amount of time spent on the server: Erm, I can't do /ontime anymore
References (Adv+): None so far
Screenshots of creations (along with warps to the creations):
THIS WAS THE BEFORE!!!!
This is the after
The inside of the courtyard
Inside the church
View from a watch tower
/warp creeperplot

/warp creepeplot2

Can't seem to remember this one :/

Signed: Bailey Smith
Additional notes (Because I need them): Hey, I'm back, and better than ever! I have so much more confidence, and so much more experience with building!! I wanted to thank everyone for there criticism!:)

• Winner
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

tnm

Reaction score
Let me show me my thoughts in a little picture. Didn't steal it from Mac, or anything.

Basically sums up my thoughts. Some areas are quite unfinished, although you've obviously added a huge amount from last time.
So I'm going with a 0 for now, until I see that extra level of detail. But keep up the good work!

• Winner
Reactions: Mac27 and Hex

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So I had a look at your creations and they looked decently good - maybe not quite at the Advanced Builder standard just yet but I certainly see potential.

However, just today I had to question your sense of humour at my expense.

[17:13] <BTBBot> <[Operator] tnmjimbob> Priz weighs about 5,000 pounds, I think
[17:13] <BTBBot> <[Adv Builder] HeroOfTime125> Okay.
[17:13] <BTBBot> <[Operator] tnmjimbob> may be a *bit* out
[17:13] <BTBBot> <[Builder] Creeper_JeepersS> Priz is a fat loner
[17:14] <BTBBot> <[Builder] Creeper_JeepersS> And a phony
[17:14] <BTBBot> <[Adv Builder] HeroOfTime125> So, we're all fat loners, then.
[17:14] <BTBBot> <[Builder] Creeper_JeepersS> A big fat phony

I know this was in a humorous context and tnmjimbob was obviously joking about my weight, but there wasn't really a need to call me a 'fat loner' and a 'phony' was there?
-1 for now, if I see changes in your behaviour I'll bump that up to a 0 or even a +1 if I see your builds improve.

Hex

Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
So I had a look at your creations and they looked decently good - maybe not quite at the Advanced Builder standard just yet but I certainly see potential.

However, just today I had to question your sense of humour at my expense.

[17:13] <BTBBot> <[Operator] tnmjimbob> Priz weighs about 5,000 pounds, I think
[17:13] <BTBBot> <[Adv Builder] HeroOfTime125> Okay.
[17:13] <BTBBot> <[Operator] tnmjimbob> may be a *bit* out
[17:13] <BTBBot> <[Builder] Creeper_JeepersS> Priz is a fat loner
[17:14] <BTBBot> <[Builder] Creeper_JeepersS> And a phony
[17:14] <BTBBot> <[Adv Builder] HeroOfTime125> So, we're all fat loners, then.

I know this was in a humorous context and tnmjimbob was obviously joking about my weight, but there wasn't really a need to call me a 'fat loner' and a 'phony' was there?
-1 for now, if I see changes in your behaviour I'll bump that up to a 0 or even a +1 if I see your builds improve.
I personally feel terrible already, I'm not like that usually. Sorry for my behavior toward you, Prizyms.

Hex

Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
It's good to see you apologising.

I'll change my vote to a 0 due to that.
Though very good builds, the caliber of skill for Advanced Builder is slightly higher than that which is displayed here. If they can be improved, I'll stretch to a +1. 0 for now.
Let me show me my thoughts in a little picture. Didn't steal it from Mac, or anything.

Basically sums up my thoughts. Some areas are quite unfinished, although you've obviously added a huge amount from last time.
So I'm going with a 0 for now, until I see that extra level of detail. But keep up the good work!
All of you thanks! I have updated the pictures!!!

Marlem

Your local hall haunter
Reaction score
Alright, so I thought about it after a while.

1) Your builds aren't up to the skill required, but you're almost there.
(Move the arrow up a little yet still under adv builder)

2) Your behavior when joking can get a little out of control. Such as what you called priz, that is attempted trolling without knowing so. I do recognize you used it in a joking manner but please be careful next time. As trngl has told me, you need to think before you act. This is especially true in what you did.

3) I see you online moderately often and you get along with the others alright, so that's somewhat of a plus.

Overall, I'm going to go with a 0.

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
So, 0 is better than a negative 1?
Yes.
And, as I am now an Advanced, I believe I am allowed to post here.
Your builds are very nice, I won't deny that. However, as I said ingame, they (especially the desert map) seem unfinished. The mountain could be turned into a mountain range, with bridges spanning between them, for example. As Kuromono13 said, I think you're applying too early, although you have advanced from your last application.

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Before reading the replies, I was going with a 0, and I'm still going with a 0.
I like your builds, and I've never had trouble off of you, however some others have. With a bit more quality of builds, and I hear no more bad things about you, I'll gladly change my 0 to a 1.

I'm glad to see such improvement, however. You're definitely heading in the right direction! c:

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
FTFY: http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/1925478/Big/

But back to this application:
This one sees some square houses, not very advanced... Wall designs are decent, but nostalgia when using a bit too much checkered wall windows. Your church could use a few more interior, or something detail for the walls in the inside. This one disagrees with your statement "There are no circles in Minecraft." Spawn a dog and look down.

To sum it up, this one thinks you could work a bit more in interiors, furniture, decoration, details, even this one would accept support beams. You are still doing some square houses.
As of right now, this one will give you a 0.

• Agree
Reactions: Psycho

Kuromono13

Reaction score

:-) in me opinion getting adv.is easier than when I went for it.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Well I suppose I'll throw my opinion in here. I'm impressed, your builds have improved a great deal since your last application, but they still just don't seem quite at Adv. builder quality, yet. My suggestion is that you wait maybe another month or so try to work on what the Ops said about your attitude and possibly ask for a few tips from any of the Adv.+ Anyhow you've improved a lot keep at it and you'll have Adv. in no time at all.

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
NogTrog MikeTang iiDeathCookies Marlem ealav Prizyms I have updated this!!!
/warp Skull
How do I tag people?
Put a @ in front of their name.
I was helping you earlier, and helped turn that to netherrack. You said you were going to make it into Red Skull, from Captain America (I assume?). You said you were going to add horns. What happened to that? I really liked that idea.

Hex

Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Put a @ in front of their name.
I was helping you earlier, and helped turn that to netherrack. You said you were going to make it into Red Skull, from Captain America (I assume?). You said you were going to add horns. What happened to that? I really liked that idea.
I noticed it looked awfully weird, maybe next time(; Also iiDeathCookies MikeTang Marlem NogTrog Prizyms

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
That really looks awesome. I'm almost at a +1, if you're wondering.
You seem to be really great at statues. This skull, for example. Maybe make more of them! Find your strong points, and use those in your application.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
To sum it up, this one thinks you could work a bit more in interiors, furniture, decoration, details, even this one would accept support beams. You are still doing some square houses.
I'll have to agree with Mike on this one. The interior work for each of your houses--the mansion and the builds in your sand plot-- are lacking character. You seem to fill up a few houses but they just don't seem to have a certain aesthetic. Some of the houses in the sand build are large, but you don't utilize the space well enough -- Most of the interior design is set against a wall.

And yes--Support beams. At first they might not seem to be needed since the majority of the blocks don't fall, but support beams in houses add character and detail that make builds looks pretty great. The church would look nice with support beams. Plus try to get rid of the lighting error on the ceiling.

One thing that I think you should focus on is details. I looked around your sand plot and saw blocks of dirt sticking out along the mountains. I was honestly tempted to fix that when I saw them. Did you think about adding dead bushes or cacti in the area? The only detail that I was surprised to see in your plot were the smooth sandstone blocks that you used to create crosses in the church walls..

As for the skull, it was interesting to hear that you made it block by block and finished it over the weekend. If I were to do such a thing, I would have done a quarter of the skull and probably /set air the thing. Nice work on that.

I honestly think that you can work a bit more on your builds, but it does seem like you're well on your way to Adv Builder. Just keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.