---------------------------------------

• Updated Ready for use!
  • Fixed all the stuff in the comments.
  • Name of the map: Red Rock Canyon
  • Creator(s): Harold1995
  • Size: 100 x 100
  • Biome: Sky
  • No-Drop: Glowstone: (89) Because there is so damn much on this map xD
  • Screenshots (included the suggested timer areas!)
  • Download link!: Red Rock Canyon!
=====================================================
A Tower near a Canyon!:

Over the Canyon!:

Goes Deeper!:

A Tower near a lava lake Under the Moonlight:

A dead Bush & a Spider:
A Bright day for a Canyon trip!:

Cactussus and a Creeper:

A Little House on the Surface (Spawn):

Overview!:

Timers!:

Timer 01:
Timer 02:
Timer 03:
Timer 04:
Timer 05:
They say 5 is the best. :p
Hope you liked it! :D
===============================================================

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
This map looks amazing however, The 4th and 5th timers need to be worked on because any timer that floods more then 15 blocks high tends to lag people, And the map is a bit too tall. I would make the tower shorter or remove it to not make the map overly tall. I'm going with a 0 strongly leaning to a +1

D

DarkHender

Eehh, I might be the only one who doesnt thing these canyon maps are very pretty.
Though this map also reminds me a lot of another canyon map we have. The bridge and the spawn home looks a lot like this other map as well. As Wii already stated this the lag with the timers and the huge space I would think, should be fixed.

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Olix

Reaction score
Eehh, I might be the only one who doesnt thing these canyon maps are very pretty.
If you've ever been to a real red-rock canyon, you have a lot of respect for them and their beauty ;)
Case in point:

I've been here :D
It's all just a matter of personal preference tho.

I like the map as well, the terrain and canyon area especially look great. I do think that it could look better if you used a more orangish clay as the base block instead of red. Maybe try orange (159:1) or just plain hardened clay (172)?

Another thing - the tower seems a little bit unnecessary and out of place. Maybe instead you could add another house similar to the others you've built around the map?

Finally, this lava lake:
Perhaps you've taken unseen measures to prevent this, but I think if the map starts on Angry (or Annoyed?) the lava here will break through the clay & dirt and begin flooding the canyon areas. This could be very annoying and surprising for people when the map is flooded before the first wave starts:)

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Harold, you are an extremely talented map maker. I literally love ALL your maps. They're full of wonderful terrain and look really fun to explore. You really love clay though don't you. It's true clay is a really great building material, but I'd like to see you try some other things. To me, your maps never get old and somehow you always manage to make each and every one unique in it's own light. It's amaaaaaazing and I agree with coolio. Mah gawwwwwwwd it's beautiful :3

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Cactussus.

:p Cacti is the word you were looking for.
But I really love the look of this map! I think red sand might have looked a bit better within the canyon, but that's just my opinion

H

Harold1995

Thank You guys for all your awsome and lovely comments!! :D
Glad you like it!

The 4th and 5th timers need to be worked on because any timer that floods more then 15 blocks high tends to lag people,
Ahyes i forgot about that height again i will change it to be lower don't worry about that!

The tower seems a little bit unnecessary and out of place. Maybe instead you could add another house similar to the others you've built around the map?

Finally, this lava lake:

Perhaps you've taken unseen measures to prevent this, but I think if the map starts on Angry (or Annoyed?) the lava here will break through the clay & dirt and begin flooding the canyon areas. This could be very annoying and surprising for people when the map is flooded before the first wave starts:)
Yeah the tower looks abit weird indeed was thinking about changing that myself but just left it could indeed build a house there, Also didn't think about the lava lake again xD I'll make sure it won't flood

Looks great as usual Harry. Good to see you again.
Good to see you and everyone too! :D

Harold, you are an extremely talented map maker. I literally love ALL your maps. They're full of wonderful terrain and look really fun to explore. You really love clay though don't you. It's true clay is a really great building material, but I'd like to see you try some other things. To me, your maps never get old and somehow you always manage to make each and every one unique in it's own light. It's amaaaaaazing and I agree with coolio. Mah gawwwwwwwd it's beautiful :3

haha thank you very much toilet! :D Those words are wonderfull :) And yes.. i really love clay :CC

Thanks everyone! :D

• Love
Reactions: crafter

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
A rainbow is a very beautiful thing to behold. In a single instance of light we see so many beautiful colors all coming together to make a one-of-a-kind image. I'm very fond of refracted light! I love when these colors are skillfully displayed in a map, and Harold certainly has an impressive command and knowledge of color. In this map we are presented a canyon, but you've painted with a palette of red, blue, green, and gold. It comes together very nicely, and it adds realism that you're implementing primarily clay.

A functional and elegant map, I'd love to see it in rotation!

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
First thoughts on looking at this map, is that it looks stunning and amazing.

I like how you've been keeping this map updated and fixed from all the problems above, this map would be amazing to be in the rotation! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.