Accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.

0groovysam0

Reaction score
I must say, I'm getting rather annoyed about being falsely accused of using hacks on the Zombie server. I got banned on (I think) all of the Blocktopia servers because Mods just automatically assumed I had hacks. Thankfully, those days are over (apart from my banning on TNT which should have lifted a month ago but hasn't :rolleyes:)
However a few weeks ago a regular whose name has escaped the clutches of my mind announced I apparently had hacks. After I explained that I DO NOT have hacks everything was fine and we got on with our lives. But yet again this evening a user name omgitsathong froze me telling me to turn off hacks. As I said I DO NOT have hacks, but I agree I felt as though I was going faster than usual. However, it seemed to me everyone appeared to be going a similar speed, and even 90s_magazine agreed with me.
In conclusion I would like mods to be slightly more understanding when people like myself, have lag problems and appear to be going faster than usual. I would like to point out I usually have trouble even getting on the server due to its/my lag problems.

*Just to answer a few questions I know will pop up:

NO I do not have WOM, and to be truthful, I have little idea what it is.
YES I was playing on minecraft.net

xrat

Reaction score
Unfortunately even if your speed was caused by lag, the zombie server relies heavily on people having the same advantages and disadvantages. So when you lag and tag the last the remaining human, you cheated him out of a round he might have won.

Summer10

Reaction score
(correct me if I'm wrong on this)
We test people to see if they are on wom or not
examples: going up a water elevator
Leaving spawn
Racing another player

And lag should cause speed from what I know about it, when lag happens to people you seem to stop then speed up or tp (which causes the wizard kick) it is pretty easy to tell apart from hacking which is usually flying,speeding,or no-clipping.

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
What you have to understand that is that anyone can complain about lag and actually be hacking. We do try our hardest to make sure before we ban someone but sometimes it can look almost similar and therefore you get banned. When we see someone going "faster than usual" its our habit to check them out.

In conclusion. Yes. Maybe we should be a little more understanding but remember. You arent the only one who lags. Op's can lag as well. I think we need a little more understanding both ways. It is our job to check these things out after all.

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
I freezed you for it as well today. I didn't warn/kick/ban you at all. I've seen lag problems, and realized that was what was happening with you, it was speeding, but no where near as fast as WoM would speed. He didn't get reported a lot so, I checked it out. I just froze you and told you, to please rejoin/restart your computer in hopes that would fix it.

There was nothing else we could do. You were speeding in one way, and if it was your fault or your computers, is besides the point. The thing was you were going faster than normal, so it had to be dealt with. Not an Option.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
I can personally confirm that 0groovysam0 WAS indeed going a little bit faster then everyone else, therefore giving him an unfair advantage.

However, with that being said, when he exited the server, restarted his computer, and rejoined the server, he had returned to a normal speed. Gameprochampion had advised him to do this, but was wizard-kicked before 0groovysam0 returned. I'm just posting to confirm that he did fix his issue (hopefully for good), and the accusations stopped for a time.

Summer10

Reaction score
On bootcamp earlier today groovy was moving(albeit slightly) faster then everyone else this may be an issue with lag and groovy should get it fixed soon because a faster moving speed still gives unfair advantages

0groovysam0

Reaction score
Well, after my ban form this server I feel that I have been mistreated due to the fact that lag made me go faster. As I have done everything within my power to stop this unfortunate event, I am forced to beleive that the whole speeding/lag problem is down to the server, and not me. Make of that what you will.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Well, after my ban form this server I feel that I have been mistreated due to the fact that lag made me go faster. As I have done everything within my power to stop this unfortunate event, I am forced to beleive that the whole speeding/lag problem is down to the server, and not me. Make of that what you will.
You were most likely kept banned because of how you dealt with it. Another user was unbanned based on what I believe to be how well he handled his lag, and seemed to try more to prevent said lag being used to his advantage.
Oh, and chances are, the lag isn't server side, since if it was, all others players online at the time would be lagging like you as well.
But that's just my opinion.

0groovysam0

Reaction score
You were most likely kept banned because of how you dealt with it. Another user was unbanned based on what I believe to be how well he handled his lag, and seemed to try more to prevent said lag being used to his advantage.
Oh, and chances are, the lag isn't server side, since if it was, all others players online at the time would be lagging like you as well.
And, ofcourse you have a right to your opinion. I think I was a bit stroppy at the time of the last post due to me just being unfairly banned on one of my favourite servers.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
Lag does not, cannot and will not ever make you go faster. There is a clear difference between speed and lag. I don't know anything about this case, but just the fact that you admit you go a bit faster then everyone else shows me you know what your doing. This thread really needs to be locked.

Summer10

Reaction score
Lag does not, cannot and will not ever make you go faster. There is a clear difference between speed and lag. I don't know anything about this case, but just the fact that you admit you go a bit faster then everyone else shows me you know what your doing. This thread really needs to be locked.
This.

0groovysam0

Reaction score
Lag does not, cannot and will not ever make you go faster.
Well what was making me go faster then? Magic?

This thread really needs to be locked.
Not yet, not until this is sorted.

Well, this just shows I don't deserve to be banned.
I've sent a message to two Ops requesting another way I can prove I wasn't hacking, and we will see how that goes, but until then, keep this thread open.

omgitsathong

PinWheels
Reaction score
For my input, yes, you seemed to be speeding way faster than anyone. I had to freeze you or you would've used that to your advantage and capture the humans, which you did with the last human running at the time. It is odd that your lag makes your move like that, never seen that happened before, and according to others, lag doesnt make you speed, but im not an expert on these things so im not sure. This type of thing happened to me before, but it only happened on the WoM client with /client hacks off, never with the browser, but that can't be the situation since you said that you do not have WoM and know little of it.

Summer10

Reaction score
Lag rarely causes speeding probles emphasis on rarely and does not happen frequently lag makes you stop for a short second then speed up to cath up with the server, I have watched you run you were faster than everyone else it was NOT choppy and you did NOT stop at all then speed up you kept going running like everyone else and I had no lag at the time at all. And no one else was saying they had sever lag on the server so it was on your side if it was lag and all signs are saying it wasn't I am not being biased, all i am saying is from what i have learned from lag on the server and tnt (which lags a LOT).

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
Summer, but that is how it appears at our end, in reality it doesn't increase any speed. Yes it may make the illusion of speed, but lag should not cause a client feature (your run speed) to increase.

Summer10

Reaction score
@Jowe i remember someone saying that in a ban appeal before saying there is a glitch in the classic that lag can cause speed but it is very rare and not recurring as much as groovy has had it

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
Gonna say that summer just said. The absolute only way(at least I know of) someone can speed on browser is if that glitch occurs.

EDIT: I'm starting to think you know how to make that glitch work as well, because of how much you used it, you could have been activating it to have an unfair advantage over the rest of the server.

0groovysam0

Reaction score
Well, as my last attempt to prove that I don't use hacks, I decided to create a new account 'GoMySavor00' (an anagram of 0groovysam0) and film the screen to show I had no hacks. Unfortunately the lag/glitch/speed thing didn't happen so I decided to talk with Emues7 about it but he banned me before I could say 'kippers...'

M

Myst

Well, as my last attempt to prove that I don't use hacks, I decided to create a new account 'GoMySavor00' (an anagram of 0groovysam0)
Err.

What you did today was a bad. bad. BAD. BAD. Idea.
Are you even listening to the replies you get? There's also no way you'll be allowed to play with uncertain advantages. It's really simple.

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
The more you ban evade. The more you are going to REALLY annoy people. Your ban is a permanent one. Its a shame but thats the bottom line. Ban evading without telling anyone is simply put, a stupid idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.