[Accepted] WaterPit (Map Competition Entry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberplay

Reaction score
Name of the map: WaterPit
Creator(s): Numberplay
Size: 64x64
Round length: 30 minutes
Locations and suggested timing for timers:
-Timer near the spawn : 10 minutes
-Timer behind leaves, near the big waterfall : 14 minutes
-Timer At the middle level a bit over the ledge : 18 minutes
-2 timers near the top, 1 over the last one, 1 over the big building : 22 minutes
-Timer over everything in the middle : 26 minutes

Screenshots :
North wall

East wall

South wall

West wall

Floor (spawn in the corner)

Inside the big Building

Timers :

Now, before you panic, The blocks I used the most are woods, stone bricks and sandstone. I also used Mossy stones, Lapis Lazuli blocks (can be replaced with blue wool [wool:11 on WorldEdit]), a few glowstone and redstone lamps. There are stone behind all the walls. That means I tried to avoid putting any rare blocks.

For game-play purpose, I tried to put as much wood as possible in towers to make sure people can't camp too easily in them. I also let 10 minutes at the beginning of the round so that people can build wherever they want or make a good spawn house since the spawn is that low. I avoided putting any source of water above the timers and put red wool around them to make them stand out.

Now for my own comments, I loooooved working on this map. There was so much work to do but I just had to look at what was done already to motivate myself and finish in time. It was very fun to come up with so many designs for the walls. I didn't want any part of it look exactly like another. Even the towers next to the waterfall are different. I started from the bottom and let myself enough depth on each walls for ledges and paths. Then I just worked my way up trying not to keep the wall shapes.

I had so much to do that I can't decide which part is my favorite. Maybe you can tell yours.

Edit : Forgot to mention
/warp WaterPit in Buildbox
Schematic : Waterpit

Status
Not open for further replies.