[Accepted] Tenebrae

D

DarkHender

• Name of the map: Tenebrae
  • Creator(s): DarkHender, ClockworkMyr, DieLorelei
  • Size: 75x83
  • Biome: Hell
  • Screenshots (include the suggested timer areas!): http://imgur.com/a/D7Qo2#0
  • If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): One with a few bread soup/mushrooms and another with cooked pork chops.
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: Lapis Block (no break) Cauldron (no break)
  • Any extra information about your map?: There is a secret, there isn't anyway someone could live in it though. It's just a fun little place.
    Also the biggest building is supposed to go up in flames.
    And the map is themed to be scary, so thats why there isn't that much glowstone.
  • Download link (optional): Buildbox, /warp Tenebrae

JayApple

Reaction score
I like the style of it, but the walls kinda ruin it for me. I'm not sure if you could change that. The map just looks small with the walls there. Other than that, it's a great map. And I'll looking forward to playing on it someday :p

Edit: It's also VERY dark, and like we all know, mobs will spawn the shit in that map. Everyone knows how devastating that would turn out. More glowstone would be nice.

Edit EDIT: Anyways... it's still pretty dark. You could add more glowstone.

• Agree
Reactions: Solis22

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
The only mobs spawning will be Nether mobs (Pigzombies, Magma Cubes, Ghasts). PvE will be perfectly controllable.

Olix

Reaction score
From the eyes of an avid builder, this map looks very bland. The walls are flat and the terrain is rather unrefined. I do like the mood that the map creates, and the actual buildings within the cavern are very nice, but I'm simply suggesting to add some variation in the walls and ceiling (uneven surface, more materials, etc) and possibly smooth the netherrack formations out a little; world edited spheres are not very pleasing to the eye :( (notably, the map is almost completely dark, so the formations won't be too visible, but I still think the walls should be improved most of all)

• Agree
Reactions: gay vampire

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
The only mobs spawning will be Nether mobs (Pigzombies, Magma Cubes, Ghasts). PvE will be perfectly controllable.
Well, weren't pigmen removed from Madness due to people attacking them and then logging out/going to spawn so that the pigmen would kill innocent people in spawn or outside of it. And Magma Cubes/Ghasts tend to spawn-kill after the lava has flooded which isn't exactly fun. I know that Madness' popularity dropped a lot due to the pigmen at one point.

D

DarkHender

I'd like to point out that there is sand/cobble/stone implanted into some of the hills so then people may melt things for annoyed+.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Madness was too hard to travel on, and this seems too easy, could you meet somewhere in the middle? :p

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
I like the update! Coming from a good builder in minecraft classic, yes, as they said, before the update the walls were too even and flat. But I like the update as it changes that and the map looks more menacing (which is a good thing for this map in my opinion) than it used to. I also love the mix of blocks you used to match the theme, they look very nice together, and the pagoda looks interesting. In all honesty, I actually prefer it to be as dark as it is; it gives it a much more menacing and evil (and interesting) view, and I feel that if you lit it up a lot it would ruin the theme, however, if it's really dark a little bit of glowstone here and there would be nice. It reminds me a lot of madness (which, in all honesty, I don't like that much; the design is confusing to me imo), and I think it would be a good replacement for madness.

• Agree
Reactions: Spencer75 and Olix
D

DarkHender

Looks good! But very dark:(
That's the idea.
True but a little 2 dark:(
It makes it so you have to work harder for things.
(I'm sure if you're talking about the amount mobs will spawn, they can make lower for this map)
You see so many maps have... a lot of easy places.
(This once has a few thats more difficult to hide in than so to say, waterpit.)

Once the first wave of lava launches it'll brighten things up a bit :)
And *hopefully* It'll look kick ass as-well. :D

H

Harold1995

That's the idea.
(I'm sure if you're talking about the amount mobs will spawn, they can make lower for this map)

Yea you're are right acctualy :D Maby i just like the easy maps. :p
But harder maps would be an awsome challenge, And since Maddness is the only nether
map it would be very nice if this one was in RoF to.
Looking forward to it! I'll be sure to bring some torches:p +1

H

Harold1995

But harder maps would be an awsome challenge, And since Maddness is the only nether
Ps: With the lava It will look amazing;)

D

DarkHender

Thanks :) Also you can use the edit button instead of double posting :p
(we like the edit button)

H

Harold1995

Thanks :) Also you can use the edit button instead of double posting :p
(we like the edit button)
Sorry haha, I did but screwed it up:p