[Accepted] [SUGGESTION] Mobs can't enter spawn

Would you like to see this added to the server?

• yeah

Votes: 25 92.6%
  • nah

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wimali

What I've seen happen a lot is someone joining a map and inmediatley getting spawnkilled by a creeper (especially on Sanctuary) or getting pushed into lava by a zombie. A lot of people have been complaining and raging about this, but here's a simple solution:

Make it so (hostile & passive*)mobs can't enter spawn.
Don't think I need to explain it any further. Another thing could also be to have them be able to be inside of the spawn, but when in the spawn, they can't harm the player.

*also passive mobs because those could also push players into lava

dirtcake

(Former) Rituals of Fire Developer
Reaction score
This is an obvious problem, but the solution isn't so obvious. It's been on my list for a while now and I haven't found a perfectly working solution that doesn't lag the server all to hell.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I say that if people in spawn couldn't die, then people could just run back into spawn. Making spawn no-mob-can-enter could work, but what about skeletons? If you make it so that only players who have hurt mobs while in spawn can be hurt by mobs, what about the problem of luring creepers?

My proposed solution is that there is a 15 second delay where you are invincible upon entering the map, and that delay is instantly nullified once you move or attack something or do anything that signifies that you are alert and ready to begin. It takes like 5 seconds (on my computer) to enter and download the map, and this will ensure that during those 5 seconds while your client is loading the map, you won't die. Also, there is no potential for cheating the system, since every time you do anything you get un-invincible'd.

This would also solve the rare spawn-in-lava-and-die glitch, though I've only seen it once or twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.