[Accepted] [Suggestion] Buyable nether quartz

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Exactly what it says on the tin. Buyable nether quartz at the store. It can be used to make redstone things that're otherwise unmakeable, like daylight sensors.

Maybe at master or expert?

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I don't think we need ever sell ores in a shop. As is we already have nether quartz available on one map, even if it is only one. In addition we can probably rework the ore spawning in Tenebrae and any other map that has the nether biome so that nether quartz spawns there.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I don't think we need ever sell ores in a shop. As is we already have nether quartz available on one map, even if it is only one. In addition we can probably rework the ore spawning in Tenebrae and any other map that has the nether biome so that nether quartz spawns there.
That is actually a better idea, to make nether quartz spawn as an ore in nether rack randomly like ores in stone.

And it's available in a map already? Which map? I didn't know that it was already available!

W

Wimali

I could put every kind of quartz block in my next map- didn't do that until now because I thought the directors might want to put quartz in shops or something.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
See, a lot of maps have mineable nether quartz block, but nether quartz block cannot be crafted back into nether quartz. To be able to get nether quartz, nether quartz ore has to be there.

W

Wimali

You can buy nether quartz in the drop party area for one cookie. Then again, that's only at drop parties.

SirCiphered

Reaction score
No offense, man, but why do you need to make a daylight sensor.

Fruitless, wasteful things like that aren't needed when you're playing RoF, and with that, I agree with Dessern's statement about just making the ore available in maps.

Of course, some people keep making launchers and sometimes clocks.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
No offense, man, but why do you need to make a daylight sensor.

Fruitless, wasteful things like that aren't needed when you're playing RoF, and with that, I agree with Dessern's statement about just making the ore available in maps.

Of course, some people keep making launchers and sometimes clocks.
"Fruitless, wasteful things"?

So, you're saying that the way it "should" be is for the entire server to cram into a 3x3x3 box and afk the entire round?

Things like minecarts, piston launchers, daylight sensors, and giant houses aren't "not needed when you're playing RoF", they add to the fun.

Just because something is unnecessary doesn't make it unneeded.

SirCiphered

Reaction score
kuilin Please don't misconstrue my words. Just because I find daylight sensors to be pointless (seriously WTF are they going to do. It's like a photovoltaic variant of a redstone torch) doesn't mean I think we shouldn't do that other stuff.

My point was meant to encompass daylight sensors, but I worded it to encompass everything you didn't need to win, and I understand how you misunderstood me. My question, however, still stands:

How do you have fun with a photovoltaic redstone source?

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
kuilin Please don't misconstrue my words. Just because I find daylight sensors to be pointless (seriously WTF are they going to do. It's like a photovoltaic variant of a redstone torch) doesn't mean I think we shouldn't do that other stuff.

My point was meant to encompass daylight sensors, but I worded it to encompass everything you didn't need to win, and I understand how you misunderstood me. My question, however, still stands:

Something I do is pretend it's chocolate cake and then watch as people struggle to eat it.

There's always fun to be had, and more options never hurts.

SirCiphered

Reaction score

Something I do is pretend it's chocolate cake and then watch as people struggle to eat it.

There's always fun to be had, and more options never hurts.
That sounds awfully hegemonic :L

W

Wimali

I don't really like the idea of nether quartz being in shops, to be honest. Maybe a few mapmakers could put them in chests on their maps? I, for one, will go ahead and put some in my to-be-submitted-on-the27th-map Clay Mine, and if that one gets declined, put some in other maps.

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I don't really like the idea of nether quartz being in shops, to be honest. Maybe a few mapmakers could put them in chests on their maps? I, for one, will go ahead and put some in my to-be-submitted-on-the27th-map Clay Mine, and if that one gets declined, put some in other maps.

I would totally agree with you if there were nether quartz readily available in maps. Maybe have it spawn randomly in netherrack (no matter if its in nether biome or not) like ores spawn in stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.