[Accepted] Map Submission: MiniCTF-MrMetal

Reaction score
This map was thought of by me and worked on by me.
my inspiration was the fact that there was only 1 mini CTF map so i thought i will have a try at making my own.
here are some screenshots
overhead:

red spawn/flag area

Spawns and flags are same just that the red blocks are blue instead

The middle of the map where jumping is required this part is just to break up the map a little
Here is the .lvl download link http://www.mediafire.com/?zufsbayk3xb5o6m

Thanks guys i would love some feedback so i can make a new map or improve the current one thanks.

Reactions: DJJonosound
Reaction score
thats why the lava on the flags area and the adminium section it makes no real difference if someone glitches through it there and if required move the spawns higher or what's required also

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
The biggest issue that stands in any square map to be CTF is the limited size.

In very small CTF maps, i.e, GetOffMyLawn, the time it takes to capture the flag is heavily increased due to the ditch. Otherwise we would have much more flag scores which I don't like.
On other maps, like Corridors and Hamlet, there are much higher capture numbers due to the ease of traversing 64 blocks or so in a few moments.

Your map shows the issue with these big maps. I'm anticipating flag captures of at least 35 in this map on an average game, and that's very concerning. The design doesn't look all that innovative either, and minimaps shouldn't really be made, especially CTF maps, as there are too many of them that are sub-par already that need to be routed out.

Reaction score
ok thanks i know the map was preety bad but i more did it for the feedback inparticular next time i will make the map longways so it is longer to get the flag

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
mikke, great job, but here are some things I think can be improved:
  1. Raise the spawns up a bit more (5-10 blocks) to stop spawnkilling kicks
  2. Add some depth and height to the map and the obstacle in the middle (like Raz said, to make it harder to get the flag)
  3. Add some more Colour!
Apart from that, good job!

Alkatraz

Reaction score
ok thanks for they great feedback i will make a new map should i make it normal or mini??
Honestly, I'd prefer it is you made a normal map, as we have quite a lot of minimaps at the moment.
Also, seeing as normal sized maps are used a lot more than mini maps, we ought to have more normal maps, at least double the amount of minimaps.

TL/DR, make a map for general rotation not Mini.