[Accepted] Hole

H

Harold1995

• Name of the map: Hole
  • Creator(s): Harold1995
  • Size: 89 x 79
  • Biome: Extreme_Hills
  • Screenshots (included the suggested timer areas!)
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break?:*Glass* (To protect the Glassed in lava)

• Download link (http://www.mediafire.com/?olkolfz1752lj9m)
  • The Timers!
  • Hope you like the map i would love feedback!:)
  • ==================================
  • Timer 01:

[*]Timer 02:
    [*]

[*]Timer 03 & 04:
    [*]

[*]Timer 04:
    [*]

[*]

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
This map is really really amazing Harold! Amazing job doing all of this! My only question/issue is there a way to get from the top down to the bottom and vica versa? As for the bedrock walls, those will be removed later on so as for aesthetic purposes, you need not worry about it.

Reactions: 1 person

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
I love this map. It's got mobs, it's got quite a lot of resources, it's appealing to the eye, it's got a lot of space. Pretty much almost everything that makes a map great.

H

Harold1995

This map is really really amazing Harold! Amazing job doing all of this! My only question/issue is there a way to get from the top down to the bottom and vica versa? As for the bedrock walls, those will be removed later on so as for aesthetic purposes, you need not worry about it.
Well there isn't really a walk way or some sorts, but you can always dig down-or-up. You want me to add something?:) And as for the bedrock i don't really mind ;) just needed it as border anyway.:)
Feel free to check it out there's a download if you need more details.:)

Thank you very much for the amazing reply! =D
EDIT: Deleted the quote text. xD

H

Harold1995

I love this map. It's got mobs, it's got quite a lot of resources, it's appealing to the eye, it's got a lot of space. Pretty much almost everything that makes a map great.
Thank you mario! It sure has a lot of mobs.. :D

D

DarkHender

I do really like this map though in the bottom in the mountains its really easy to see where you used the //br sphere command.
(if you used it)
It just doesn't look natural :p

H

Harold1995

I do really like this map though in the bottom in the mountains its really easy to see where you used the //br sphere command.
(if you used it)
True haha i was afraid i would destroy it to much:( Should i try to fix this?
I created it with VoxelSniper wich i find more Easy and Powerfull =D
Anyway, Thank you very much! :D

D

DarkHender

(if you used it)
You could mix it up a little bit. If more people comment about noticing it~ then you might want to consider it.

H

Harold1995

(if you used it)
You could mix it up a little bit. If more people comment about noticing it~ then you might want to consider it.
Ah ok i'll hold on for now then ;)

D

DarkHender

Another thing though. The bottom of the map isn't bedrock/people can dig right into the void?

H

Harold1995

Another thing though. The bottom of the map isn't bedrock/people can dig right into the void?
Omg yes sorry i totally forgot to fix that:( I realised that while i was putting grass there and just forgot about it after that xD

I will at a bedrock layer to it. :)

EDIT: Fixed! Had to move the whole map up 1 layer. >.<

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
Omg yes sorry i totally forgot to fix that:( I realised that while i was putting grass there and just forgot about it after that xD

Have you updated the download link? :D

I really like this map, and everyone has said what I wanted to say above. However, I have a one problem with it:

1. The random sphere shaped holes in the walls just don't seem... natural to me. I don't know why, but I dislike it, mainly because there's like 10 sphere holes instead of one randomly-generated looking hole that goes deeper into the stone. It's hard to explain.

I also dislike the way you did some of the trees with a gigantic tree trunk, in my eyes, it doesn't seem natural, but I figured this was a me-only problem and I don't really know how to solve that, so mainly the first problem. Other then that, I really like the map and think we should give it a go!

H

Harold1995

I really like this map, and everyone has said what I wanted to say above. However, I have a one problem with it:

1. The random sphere shaped holes in the walls just don't seem... natural to me. I don't know why, but I dislike it, mainly because there's like 10 sphere holes instead of one randomly-generated looking hole that goes deeper into the stone. It's hard to explain.

I also dislike the way you did some of the trees with a gigantic tree trunk, in my eyes, it doesn't seem natural, but I figured this was a me-only problem and I don't really know how to solve that, so mainly the first problem. Other then that, I really like the map and think we should give it a go!
Thank you:)
I realise the sphere is a big problem i will try to fix this wich shouldn't be to hard *i hope:(*
I might however have not much space to change it to much but that won't be to much a problem.

As for the trees they are generated with the VoxelSniper tree brush so i did not made them completely myself.
I can change them around a bit however. :p (Maybe give them some roots and stuff)

*Or if you don't like the trees themself i am sorry i though it would look nice with the map. :D*

Thank You, I would love to see my map being played:)

Ps: I updated the link. I will update it again after i fixed the sphere's.

H

Harold1995

Like, how the logs of the tree are really thick. They do look nice, it's just me flipping out and going "EVERYTHING MUST BE PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT"
AAAHHHHHH CALM DOWN! I will make them more. *Perfect* =D

Ps: Don't kill me please. :(

Reactions: gay vampire
H

Harold1995

Hows this? :D Aand this?.