[Accepted] 2 suggestions: Timer and colorful nametags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
So... TNT/JtE is looking fancy with their colorful nicks in tab and over players head.
Is that possible for RoF?
It would work exactly like it is on Elysium.

AoD has timer. I think it would be useful here too, as it would show built time / remaining time to end of round. Also it would show time to next lava flow, if its possible to code.

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Alright honestly I don't see the point in the colored names for display. What we have now I believe is perfectly fine and I don't see a true point to update it so we can see it based on name above players. However, as for colored names in the tab function that I am okay with and it should be fairly easy to code I think (I know nothing on coding). It could be helpful but it also goes fairly much hand in hand with the /who command that we have. That showing players all listed according to their ranks.

As for the timer showing at all times that could be very helpful to those players who are writing books or doing something and need to get back into a safe zone. As for build time we don't have a true one so that would just be the flood time. Also though I do see that this does go with /t and could be unneeded regardless of whether or not it could help people. To me those players that are writing in books are doing it at their own risk and are therefore responsible for checking the time so that they know when to stop.

D

DarkHender

I really dislike the colourful name tags, they are difficult to read and would make staffing more difficult.
The timer for RoF doesn't sound half bad.

For what French and Dessern said, AoD had "timers" as well but upgraded yesterday or the day before to the timer like the score board on TnT.

The timer on the side of the screen sounds like a great idea for RoF.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Alright honestly I don't see the point in the colored names for display. What we have now I believe is perfectly fine and I don't see a true point to update it so we can see it based on name above players. However, as for colored names in the tab function that I am okay with and it should be fairly easy to code I think (I know nothing on coding). It could be helpful but it also goes fairly much hand in hand with the /who command that we have. That showing players all listed according to their ranks.

As for the timer showing at all times that could be very helpful to those players who are writing books or doing something and need to get back into a safe zone. As for build time we don't have a true one so that would just be the flood time. Also though I do see that this does go with /t and could be unneeded regardless of whether or not it could help people. To me those players that are writing in books are doing it at their own risk and are therefore responsible for checking the time so that they know when to stop.
Well, you would know instantly what rank they have, just like on JtE or TNT.
It was on Classic LS too.

Coloured names would be interesting, but really, I don't see the point.

I agree with Dessern on the timer thing, but there are some sort of timers already, I don't know how we could make them better. There are timers for 1 minute before round ends and I think half way through-out the round.
Well, it would be like on AoD - something like scoreboard.

I really dislike the colourful name tags, they are difficult to read and would make staffing more difficult.
The timer for RoF doesn't sound half bad.

For what French and Dessern said, AoD had "timers" as well but upgraded yesterday or the day before to the timer like the score board on TnT.

The timer on the side of the screen sounds like a great idea for RoF.
They aren't difficult to read. For me they are completely fine.

• Informative
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
A timer on the right wouldn't just be useful for people reading books. I can think of countless situations I've been in where I wanted to see the time till the next wave but didn't want to stop and type /t if the chat thread is lagging / delayed (this has happened to me numerous times) . Or it's useful for builders who need to build really quickly when a waves about to hit and don't have time to stop and type /t. This is also really helpful who people that are lagging badly and having trouble typing /t in the massive lag.

Edit: plus it could look really epic and add to the sense of gameplay in a nice dark red/ lava orange color

Reactions: Notme

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
Colors - If it weren't for the fact that we have six purchasable ranks for players, I wouldn't mind this idea. It would just be a mess, and I already worry about people not recognizing who's staff and who's not.

Timer - Seeing as I rarely ever join servers besides RoF, I'm definitely not a knowledgeable source for this stuff, but the obvious thing is that we focus the least on PvP among the servers mentioned in this thread. A scoreboard (which I know nothing about) seems like something only for them, but, if possible, I wouldn't mind a timer very similar to classic zombie's WoM timer that always shows up on the screen if toggled.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Timer - Seeing as I rarely ever join servers besides RoF, I'm definitely not a knowledgeable source for this stuff, but the obvious thing is that we focus the least on PvP among the servers mentioned in this thread. A scoreboard (which I know nothing about) seems like something only for them, but, if possible, I wouldn't mind a timer very similar to classic zombie's WoM timer that always shows up on the screen if toggled.
As far as I know and understand, that was exactly what raxo meant, and it could be done as well (as far as I know :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.