About AoD restarts.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
At the moment, 1.5 is being buggy, and so when the server restarts, people are not being able to log in for while, getting kicked over and over. There IS a solution. You may have noticed I have been stood there when the server has restarted yelling "Stop! One at a time! Let it catch up!". This is because this is how you fix it! You must let the server catch up on itself, and slowly go into the portal one at a time. It has been proven that it works, because sometimes people listen and do what I say, and it fixes everything! ;) So please, all I am asking is for you to just take your time, and not simply all rush in when AoD is restarting. Leave it a minute or so, and go in one at a time, at a slow pace. I know it isn't ideal, but it's better than waiting ages for the server to fix itself.
Thanks for reading! :)
Anyone who does not follow these instructions is extremely vulnerable to being bitten and infected.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
When the server starts up again after a restart, it has to do all sort of Voodoo magic, like loading worlds, enabling the Infection, baking some cake, etc., - so for the first 30-60 seconds after it restarts it basically is not ready, and anyone joining will probably die a horrible death.

Like Infected_alien8_ states, simply wait a few more moments, it won't hurt!

Excepted

Reaction score
Would there be anyway of temporarily blocking of the portal like a piston door in front of it stopping anybody entering during the Time the server loads worlds etc ( I know this is a bad idea but oh well)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Would there be anyway of temporarily blocking of the portal like a piston door in front of it stopping anybody entering during the Time the server loads worlds etc ( I know this is a bad idea but oh well)
Well, baker actually did this once, however I think the only way that could happen is if someone with creative mode is there at the time, unless the use of magical powers/plugins are involved. :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Excepted

Reaction score
Well, baker actually did this once, however I think the only way that could happen is if someone with creative mode is there at the time, unless the use of magical powers/plugins are involved. :) Thanks for the suggestion!
I' sure tthere will be a plugin somewhere that could allow this and if not there should be.

radman573

Reaction score
I suggest teleporting people to the start of a very long maze once it restarts, this way, people would be forced to enter one at a time, or until the server catches up :D

Nah, just kidding. I do believe however, that there should be some sign in front of the portal to tell peeps about this :)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Doesn't this bug happen even if the server has been running for a while? I see people try to join, flooding the chat with "Player has joined, Player has left" all the time. I've noticed that when this happens the player logs back into the lobby on the portal and walks back in, instead of being sent to the lobby spawn which definitely seems to be a part of the problem.

• Winner
Reactions: Chase8151220101

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Yeah it happens as well to other servers, a lot. When you get kicked, you log in back IN or near the portal, and if you move towards the portal you'd probably get kicked again. I'm not sure but if I log in back in the portal, I take a few blocks away from it and go back in, and it works, though this is not really proven yet. Maybe the different blocks of the portal activates at the same time, affecting the person to take effect on these?

Excepted

Reaction score
This happens to me alot when I log in and there hasn't been a restart. The problem is when I rejoin I'm still in the portal and I end up getting kicked again. It is sometimes possible to back away from the portal but I'm not always able to do that.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
This happens to me alot when I log in and there hasn't been a restart. The problem is when I rejoin I'm still in the portal and I end up getting kicked again. It is sometimes possible to back away from the portal but I'm not always able to do that.
Your position in the lobby world resets every 60 seconds. So if you disconnect, wait a few moments, and then you won't join back in the portal.