[Abandoned] Map Submission: CTF-Treasure

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
This is an un-opblocked (in places) build-enabled beach map. Here are those screenshots:

The level dump:
http://www.mediafire.com/?54gyr8e6v2y6wm9
This map was only built by me, originally.
Although it looks bland, the flags are actually under the X's, creating a hopefully new and fresh type of gameplay with the water also adding into the type of play. I tried to make something a bit unlike all of the other maps on the server and hopefully, it worked! If you need any more things to be explained in detail, please come at me with them. Thanks!
-superstein

Alkatraz

Reaction score
I think the general idea is nice. But I think there are a few problems, some may not exist, as I am just looking at the pictures not in game:
  • Once the sand etc is destroyed, the flags are going to be awfully closed.
  • Spawning above water is just asking for spawnkilling as players move very slowly in water.
  • As you said yourself, the map is pretty bland, with not much height variation, perhaps add some sandy hills or dunes, with greater variation in height.
  • This is just a guess, but I'm assuming the solid underneath the map is flat. I would suggest the solid is made like Eyeball, with contours, (perhaps with the sand following those contours up on the top of the map
  • The river in the middle of the map is very wide, and also not very deep, perhaps make it thinner and deeper.
I would suggest you make it contoured and perhaps make the way into the flag room by following the dotted line in a tunnel underneath solid but perhaps with nice cobble/mossy cobble walls. And maybe a hole in the top of the flag room. Which we could then Op air so people can't pillar back up
So you can jump down the hole to the flag, capture it, and then have to run out the tunnel, before running back over to your side of the map, back down the hole, or through the tunnel to cap it.

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't mind seeing more hills, or depressions in the ground. I find it to flat, which makes pistol kills and the like way to easy to get. That's pretty much all I want to see.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Ok, will do. However, a bit of clarification - do you want the contours for the river only, and potentially where else? If anybody has some good suggestions they'd like to give feel free. Thanks!
The river and maybe some of the sand as well, ping me at some point when we're both on TNT (or I'm on the IRC) and I'll come take a look at the same time and try to explain a bit better! :D

(Sorry if I came across as a bit of an arse in the first post saying: "WRONG, Wrong, Wrong, wrong, wong, wrong, WRONG!")

• Love
Reactions: GOODYSMOODY