Abandoned Cobblestone Factory

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
World File: http://ge.tt/1rYoZM12/v/0
Screenshots: imgur.com/a/j4nki

While this map might not get the most friendly reception, I sort of like how the theme lies in the concept and not the architecture; most of the factory is functional. Perhaps if a tutorial map were ever put in place the abundance of cobblestone in containers and the basic layout would fit the needs nicely.

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
It looks rather bland in my opinion but I can't really tell from these screenshots unless that's all there is to the map. Also, isn't the map submission currently close?

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
As of the last 'meeting' we had (the admin-less one), map submissions have reopened. I don't know why the pinned thread hasn't been updated. Regardless, I want to know if there are more screenshots than just those. Such as timer locations? Perhaps chests with items in them? What about an overview of the entire map? I can't properly give an opinion without being able to see how the rest of it looks, so I'll edit in a better reply when I download the map.

Edit: I couldn't get this to load as a single player or multiplayer world. I'm really hoping you guys have more screenshots. Otherwise I can't really see this joining the RoF map roster based on what I could see in those screenshots. :s

Last edited:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
As of the last 'meeting' we had (the admin-less one), map submissions have reopened. I don't know why the pinned thread hasn't been updated. Regardless, I want to know if there are more screenshots than just those. Such as timer locations? Perhaps chests with items in them? What about an overview of the entire map? I can't properly give an opinion without being able to see how the rest of it looks, so I'll edit in a better reply when I download the map.

Edit: I couldn't get this to load as a single player or multiplayer world. I'm really hoping you guys have more screenshots. Otherwise I can't really see this joining the RoF map roster based on what I could see in those screenshots. :s
There are a few chests, a few hoppers, a few dispensers etc around. Fairly sure none contain anything but cobblestone. Also, it didn't work for me either. I had to open it in an old version; 1.6 iirc

ThomasYatron

Reaction score
sorry about the incorrect submission and the mc edit schemadic format, i will upload the map to mediafire and post the link below:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/55k7q7w5x30k2/ROF_Map_Submission_ThomasYatron

and heres a link to more screenshots:

http://postimg.org/gallery/18b236pho/

and FYI, this was an actual functioning cobblestone factory that i built so please dont allow redstone, redstone repeaters and redstone lamps to be pickupable. and please feel free to modify the map as much as you like!

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Hey ThomasYatron. I decided to take a look at your map today, however I noticed that your map file wasn't zipped. This normally wouldn't be a problem however you chose mediafire, and instead of just being able to download the files all in one. (Because of mediafire) I had to download every file that was crucial for the map to work.

Anyways after 10 mins of fiddling, I got it to work.

After looking around. I noticed several issues with the map you have currently made. These are the things that need change and are missing.

The first thing that I didn't see on your map was timers. I didn't see one timer placement on your map. This is kinda crucial when making a map. We do need to know where you want the lava to flow out from!

The second thing is there is no basic resources on the map! I didn't find a single tree around to get be started on the map, also the map does need to have a lot of stone underneath it, this will allow players to gather ores when the map is flooded above.

The third thing I found that could be a huge problem is that the lava inside your cobble stone factory is not contained. Un-contained lava could ruin a map in seconds (especially when it's on angry, since it does melt the obsidian that is currently containing the lava in) Please contain the lava with bedrock!

The fourth thing that I found is that the amount of redstone used could be cut down by using redstone blocks and due to the amount of redstone it may lag the server due to all the lava flowing as well. (Quick note: The cobble factory will not work because TNT doesn't break blocks on the server)

The last thing that I found is that their is not enough build space on the map to build anywhere. Also a lot of the areas are blocked off which means the players will be able to survive the rounds by going into one of the offices or one of the cobblestone generators.

Here was my thoughts to the map after looking over the issues.
Firstly. You did mention that this was a abandoned cobblestone factory, perhaps make this more run down rather than in working order. Make it look like nature was taking it over again since no one has been there for years. (Like things fallen down, vines, etc)

Secondly. I actually do like the idea of a factory like map, I'm sure if you improve you're map and work around some of the issues I've listed and perhaps gave this map a bit more love. I'm sure it will be a great map to play on.

Thirdly. I do love the amount of effort you did to make all the redstone work, it was intresting to see all the little minecarts deliver the cobblestone to me and I think that a redstone based map would be cool.

One thing that I think you missed out, I think ironblocks do need to be on the no drop list.

The size of this map is: X:91 Y:25 Z:60

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hey ThomasYatron. I decided to take a look at your map today, however I noticed that your map file wasn't zipped. This normally wouldn't be a problem however you chose mediafire, and instead of just being able to download the files all in one. (Because of mediafire) I had to download every file that was crucial for the map to work.
didn't i make you a nice ge.tt download? :<

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
Seconding what Hoog said on the redstone, man. That's way too much. I'm not too sure about this for RoF, but perhaps this could be good for AoD. o__e

ThomasYatron

Reaction score
alright, thank you for the suggestions and i will make it look more rustic and aged, i will add timers then upload it in a zip file when its done!

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
heres the revised map:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d9b1z974q15pz3r/ROF_Map_Submission_ThomasYatron.zip

feel free to add or modify the map as much as you like!
I'd strongly suggest editing your original post by adding a link to imgur (or some other photo service) with screenshots of the map. I noticed Jivvi did that for you but if you've changed the map since then I'd recommend updating it. I won't add more input then Hoog has already. Good luck on getting it added.