Declined Abandoned Cobblestone Facility 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasYatron

Reaction score
  • [BCOLOR=#ff0000]Name of the map: [BCOLOR=#ffffff] abandoned cobblestone facility[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=#ff0000]Intended Gamemode: (Survival or Classic) [BCOLOR=#ffffff] survvial[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=#ff0000]Creator(s):[BCOLOR=#ffffff] ThomasYatron[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=#ff0000]Size:[BCOLOR=#ffffff] 88x62 by25 high[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=#ff0000]Biome:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ffffff] hills[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=#ff0000]Screenshots, including timer areas (Use default texture pack!) :[BCOLOR=#ffffff] link to screenshots:[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
http://postimg.org/gallery/16uut3aqc/
  • [BCOLOR=#ff0000]If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional):[BCOLOR=#ffffff] there are chests but theres nothing in them...[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=#ff0000]Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: [BCOLOR=#ffffff] nope[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=#ff0000]Any extra information about your map?:[BCOLOR=#ffffff] was a working cobblestone plant at one point that i built[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=#ff0000]Download link (optional):[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]http://www.mediafire.com/download/43dbu4xh4t2winc/ROF_Map_Submission_7_ThomasYatron.zip[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
Okay.. I first load the map, there are active clocks in the map. We generally dis-advise the use of clocks as they could create lag for users with not-so-powerful machines. (and the constant piston/door triggering noise is.. bothersome..) Second, as I've said on most of your other submissions, the map size is still just a bit too small, realistically, for RoF maps. I recommended a size of around 100x100 and around 60~ blocks in height for a build limit. Next up, that's still quite a lot of redstone. Most of which I'd suggest being no-drop along with all those iron blocks. Anything of value, like blocks made from smelted ores, should be no-drop on survival maps (especially when a great deal of your blocks are iron blocks). Following up are the chests. I found in your 'zombie outbreak medical tent' three chests containing items. One has ten stacks of apples, another has twelve stacks of bread, then the third has seeds/bonemeal/roses/(three "notch") golden apples.

My guess about the factory is, from what you left in the inventory, that you took a bunch of TNT blocks and detonated them to give the illusion that the factory has decayed over time from being abandoned. I still don't feel like this would work for RoF. (I remeasured your size, by the way. Precise size should be 90 (following the X axis) by 59 (following the Z axis) and 24 tall (following the Y axis). So 90x24x59. If I may, why don't you try making maps in BuildBox? I'm sure the staff (and advanced builders, perhaps?) would be more than happy enough to provide input and advice for you to improve on your building skills. It would also make things easier on everyone since you could have a warp made to the build site for your map.

ThomasYatron

Reaction score
thanks X__x, i have to agree a lot on this. in the future i will make the maps on buildbox. is there any thing that i could do to this map to make it appeal better to ROF besides making it bigger and making it look weathered?
thanks for the input!

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
Well, for improvements, I'd suggest starting out by making a landscape. Build some kind of terrain suited to what you have in mind. For your factory, for instance, it's very bland since it's inside an adminium box. Sure, maps like Osiris (LISTINGS09's map, I think) can get away with it. If you think about it, that map had quite some time dedicated into building it. It also has a secret room you can access, if you know where to go.

So, you've built your landscape, now you want to design the exterior of the map. Yours is a cobblestone facility, so lets make something on the outside that resembles a modern day factory. You have a parking lot with trees nearby, a tall building with multiple chimney pipes coming up, perhaps a lot of glass around the sides for light. Give it detail to breathe life into it. Then aim for the inside. Build something like what you've done already for your present map. That'll be the innards of the building. Add little character statues (wool/levers/heads?) to look like actual workers, perhaps. Unless you go with the zombie siege thing, then place two or three zombie spawners in various locations in the map. Perhaps we could even get assistance by a buildbox staff member with worldedit or voxelsniper? The concept of yours could be for quite a nice map, but it just can't be done too quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.