Abalkir's AdvBuilder Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitasu987

Reaction score
Username: abalkir
Approximately Amount of time spent on the server: Each week it really depends, but as for my time on the server, I'd say 2-3 months (just an estimate)
References (Adv+): Jubjubers, Marvelfan01, and MikeTang, Thank you! <3
Screenshots of creations (along with warps to the creations): Well, I can't figure out how to get them on, so use /warp Moderncity in plot world or /warp Frostholm in terrain to see my builds.

EDIT: Thanks to Numberplay for the Screenshots!
My Moderncity is best viewed and is being built using Soartex Fanver. and Frostholm is best viewed and was built using Dokucraft: The Saga Continues-Light

Signed: abalkir (nitasu987)

Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score

But on a serious note, your builds are good and you are friendly. I wouldn't mind you being an Adv builder, Infact I'd welcome you to join!

• Agree
Reactions: Aksu and nitasu987

Numberplay

Reaction score
Ok I edited in pictures of Frostholm.

Modern City : I like the way you made your skyscrapers. Their design are realistic and height seems good. Although we can see some unfinished floors, those that are finished are good. But i feel there could be more for some walls. The green/black building looks boring in my opinion. Too much wool of the same color.

Frostholm : I liked the way you used the terrain to build this city. But i feel the walls and floors are too plain. Again, too much of the same block. Your ships are passable although i feel they're too flat on the sides except the spruce wood one. Also I remember you not being the only builder on this project.

tl;dr : you should avoid flat surfaces with only 1 block.

nitasu987

Reaction score
Numberplay Thanks for the info. I'm totally new to really both styles of building (Modern and Medieval), and I agree that the gray/black one is boring. I'm gonna work on it :D

Also about Frostholm, I know the walls/floors are plain... But I kinda wanted some uniformity with the city. Also about the walls, I wasn't going to have them originally, but I felt like putting them in. The ships were my first real tries. You're right. I had help from other people on the build, but it was minor stuff, like quickly finishing a roof or just teaching me the basics of something. I'd say I really build 90% of it by myself, and the other 10% was help :D

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
You're good at detail, as well as simple builds. Plus, you're open to different themes. Perfect!
Seen as I helped with both of the builds, it's fair to say you know what you're doing, and even in a group build, if something's out of place, you'll let them know.

Your modern city reminds me of Classic Minecraft, in a better way than it sounds. It's simple, sure. But it's nice at the same time. Number pretty much summed this one up.
Frostholm reminds me of Skyrim, heavily. I believe it was influenced by that, correct? Well, you did a great job on whatever you based it off. Once again, yeah, simplistic in parts, but nice. You based the docks around the ice, and you let the build flow with the terrain, rather than being a dinosaur and attacking the land.

+1 from me! c:

Inon

Roses are red, violets are blue
Donor
Reaction score
While you're a great person, I'm not impressed with your creations, the sky scrapers are mostly copy and pasted floors with little to no feeling of individuality between rooms, and you're dock and buildings seem very plain, I'm going to have to -1 for now.
I'd encourage you to spend some time working on detailing, though I think the general consensus is people would like you to be promoted.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Vatowski and Aksu

nitasu987

Reaction score
iiDeathCookies THANKS ZELLYCOOKIEZ! <3
Inon I agree. the skyscrapers are pretty dull, but as I said It's a WIP. Whilst I'm not an amazing builder like Shande or Jub, I Try to do my best. The buildings.... I know... I tried to get them to look nice, and Imo they did. I've gotta work on the style a bit more.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
While you're a great person, I'm not impressed with your creations, the sky scrapers are mostly copy and pasted floors with little to no feeling of individuality between rooms, and you're dock and buildings seem very plain, I'm going to have to -1 for now.
I'd encourage you to spend some time working on detailing, though I think the general consensus is people would like you to be promoted.
Abal, you're a great guy, but I'm going to have to agree with Inon. 'Modern' buildings tend to look very boring in general. Look at the majority of our Advanced Builders, they usually build terrain or more traditional buildings. A lot of people want to see you promoted - indeed, if this was based on friendliness alone, I'd give you a positive vote - but I have to put your building skills at the forefront, so it's a -1 from me. To improve, you can try adding small details here and there - add a unique feel to each building.

• Disagree
Reactions: Aksu

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
I'm going to give a +1 for this. Your builds are good, but simple, That's what I like in builds. I use this texture pack, and FrostHolm, looks, amazing with it. Definatly looks like something off of Skyrim. You are also a great guy, and can work in groups, or on your own. Good luck on the rest of your App! (click the links for magic)

• Agree
Reactions: Aksu

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Abal, you are a great bb player. You may not have the most complex and "show off-ey" builds but you show the potential. From what i have observed of you on the server, you help where ever you can and are very eager to learn and expand your building knowledge. Also, you are taking criticism very nicely.
I would like to see you build more frostholm like structures, because to me they are far nicer than modern builds. In the future, try to stray from square buildings, incorporate circles,triangles, diagonal lines, etc into your builds. Try to vary your block usage as well, maybe incorporate patterns into your builds. These are things that set you above the norm'
I gave harmak some advice that i feel you could benefit from aswell, check it out : (http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/harmaks-second-adv-builder-application.9463/#post-145784)
If you would like any more advice, maybe anything specific, pm me or find me online, and i'll be glad to help :>

Marvelfan01

Reaction score
Ooh, my first judging... hmm..
Abalkir, your builds are very nice and cool, I agree that you should be a Advanced Builder, (Or the lime club, I call it both.) Also, I have a tip, you could use a little detail and a bit more creativity. But overall I think you deserve to be in the Lime Club.

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
I believe that us (advanced builders) do not vote, we are only to critique the applicant, and state our opinion, ultimately it's the ops+ over all.

Reactions: Friendy
Status
Not open for further replies.