A New SMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rytheria

Reaction score
What do I think ESCRestart needs to bring back?
A new SMP.

Minecraft is littered with all kinds of quirky, interesting, entertaining and first paced gamemodes. You see them all the time, Hunger Games, Survival Games, Spleef, Walls, etc etc, etc etc. I've personally had my fair share of all these gamemodes, yeah, they are fun, but you can only play them for so long. They're fairly transparent, too, and you can get bored of them extremely quickly in my opinion. I began searching for an SMP experience which I found on old blocktopia (after seeing that we didn't have one here at ESCRestart) and I couldn't find any servers which replicated the experience and joy I used to have here, on Blocktopian SMP.

This is why I think we need an SMP here at ESCRestart, to bring back the old semi-vanilla gameplay that we all love, with backstory and lore to keep the server interesting and full of unique storyline.

I went through countless different survival servers and no server offered immersive towns, small storylines, dungeons, friendly community and semi-vanilla gameplay like old Blocktopia did. Every one of them were over-coded (by over-coded, I mean there were way too many features and quirks to make the game feel vanilla-like) or they gave you full iron/diamond armour with protection 1 as a starter kit, all which I personally find ruin the game for me.

My Proposal, A Fresh, ESCRestart, SMP!
I propose that we create a new SMP experience which has the core fundamentals of the old SMPs we've grown with on Blocktopia.

- No Grief
- Towny System + Optional MCMMO, Like Primordia
- Small Map
- Raiding and PVP are on, towns can choose to toggle it on and off
- Small Events (perhaps on weekends, where you go and fight off certain attacks, fortify areas, etc)
- Portal Warps to large towns (allow towns to install portal warps for players to teleport from spawn to their towns for quicker access, allows new players to join and experience towns)
- Small, Immersive storyline which can continue through weekend events, hidden things can be spread around the map as clues toward the storyline

I'd be willing to work on this, so I'd put my hand up to help in any way shape or form, just give me the thumbs up and I'll help work on it, whether that be building, advertising, creating or managing - I'm sure others would be interested to aswell.
And if we all try together, I'm sure we can advertise on Reddit and Youtube to bring back players to SMP.

Tell me what you think in the comments.
Do you agree with what I'm saying? If so, what would you want to see in a new SMP?
Would you help work on it? If so, would you advertise it?

Discuss!
Cheers,
Kingdion,

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
I fear that this isnt the right moment to open a new SMP, of course new servers are extremely exciting but like you say, there are so many other options then plain SMP that it will probably not do so well.

On the other side I could be wrong since we're gaining much attention on PMC and MCforums so it's hard to predict what will happen when an SMP opens.

But then again, this is just my opinion so I'm very sure that there are others who totally disagree with me

Reactions: Fragile

Terre936

Reaction score
but anyways we would need to focus more on players, there's no chance of knowing whether opening a new one will increase or decrease the player count. at least the voting has been working recently, and the player count has also gone up too so just maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.