A new command for voting.

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
Hello there readers, today I am going to present to you an idea that randomly came into my mind, but I think it is a pretty good one.
This command that I am suggesting would be like /nextmap, but with a twist, it would affect the next vote, giving the ability to the user to change which maps are in the next vote. Essentially what this will allow us to do, is to have the player base decide from which maps the user has chosen so that the majority of the server is happy with the next map. Basically it's like having /nextmap with 2 options.

How the command would work

Hopefully the command would be coded so when it would be typed out it would look like this.​

/nextvote *map1* *map2*​

Thank you for taking the time to read, and consider this thread.​

Please leave constructive criticism/thoughts below.​

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Before i comment, is this for ops only or is it for average players?

Because it says "the player"
Read it again. The line broke at a weird spot, but he said:
is to have the player base decide from which maps the user has chosen
AKA, the Op(or VetOp, or whatever) picks the two maps, then the playerbase(the other 35 people on the server) pick from those options like a normal vote.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
I like it too. Did anyone read my post on a idea? Well an example:

Runrunrun : Runner map Vote 1
Dontstop : Runner Map Vote 2
Racetrack: Hide/run map Vote 3

My idea is to include types of maps, like runner maps hiding and stuff like that. It could possibly help the new players and also people like me, because sometimes I forget the map and forget what it is about and stuff. :)

Summer10

Reaction score
I like it too. Did anyone read my post on a idea? Well an example:

Runrunrun : Runner map Vote 1
Dontstop : Runner Map Vote 2
Racetrack: Hide/run map Vote 3

My idea is to include types of maps, like runner maps hiding and stuff like that. It could possibly help the new players and also people like me, because sometimes I forget the map and forget what it is about and stuff. :)
the problem is some people run on hiding maps or hide on running maps so i dont think that would work or everything would be Hide/run map almost every map which just makes it redundant
can we please try to stay on matt's suggestion?

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
A bit off topic there huh?

However I like this idea. I would let us do more when vetops get flooded with requests for maps that we could pick 2 and let the players decide.