A load of suggestions and a rant.

Which of these things do you agree with? (Multiple Select)

• Total voters

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Let's get this rant over with, first.
Archer classes are VERY underpowered and show up WAY too often.
Archer classes JUST 16 arrows on some maps. Some even 8. How are you meant to kill ANYONE on a map with only 16 arrows? The enemies have armour (mostly). They have regen. They have teammates. We have unenchanted bows, with only leather armour, no sword, so they come charging at us when we use up our 16 arrows and we can't do ANYTHING about it because we don't have any more stuff because all the chests have been looted with all the helpful loot inside. And, I'm not a very good shot. Neither are a lot of people who play Minecraft not very seriously. And, what better than to make an archer class come up 90% of the time? Yeah, you get the picture. This doesn't just apply to kits called Archer. Kits like Sharpshooter. That's an example of a low armour, 8 arrow kit. I'll let you decide how to fix this thing. Rant over.

Now a few suggestions.
/lobby or /hub
Excuse me if we have something like this but I hate having to relog to go back to the lobby. It's a bit stupid IMO. This could be used on all Blocktopia servers (except the hub itself). Update: /logout? Wow. However, to make it clearer, the command could be renamed /lobby or /hub.

Fix a crash. Pwease?
I'm playing a great game on AoD. Then, I crash. Something to do with the Timer. Take a look at this crash log. It'll help: http://pastebin.com/6mihWZ4Z

Restarts AFTER the round
RoF has this and it's a good idea. I hate being in AoD then a certain '*ZombieMaster' says "Restarting in 5 minutes!" Restarts should be after the round.

Thanks for reading,
SirComputer

Olix

Reaction score
I somewhat agree with what you said about archer kits - they are common, however they can also be pretty powerful (fully charged arrows can do damage equal to iron swords, i believe) and hunters can usually make a stone sword on maps. The intended purpose of separate kits divided the way they are currently on many maps, is to force hunters to sort of work together. Unfortunately, that rarely happens and people who get archer just get annoyed (this includes me).

Secondly, there is already a lobby command :D just use </logout>. This command should really be advertised more...

As for your last two suggestions: I have no idea what that crash is about (but it should be looked into!), and yes, restarts should be changed. I believe staff have tried things in the past, but the restart plugin isn't exactly in sync with the AoD plugin so it may be difficult to make this work (if I'm totally wrong here make fun of my lack of technical know-how).

• Thank You
Reactions: SirComputer

radman573

Reaction score
Well...... crashing is never good.

BUT, arrows are the best weapons in the game in my opinion XD

They have a good natural knockback effect as well as the chance to hit someone when they aren't even close to you. I do agree that 8 arrows is too little, but I (and many others) can do a lot with 16 :D

Underpowered: No (when > 8)
Comes up a little too often: Definitely

D

DarkHender

The kits, I was thinking of this today.

I am horrible with a bow and I only had a bow with 16 arrows.
The hunters killed me about 3 times before I decided I wasnt going to be able to get a sword and left the game until the next round.

Archer should come with a wood sword or something >.> for backup or more dang arrows.

nitasu987

Reaction score
While I agree bout the Archers, another thing since we're discussing stuff that we think should be changed...

Have you ever been in a round, when there's 2-3 amazingly stacked, fully enchanted and OP people (Yes, Terre and Danni <3) that you're trying to do your duty as a Hunter to kill, while everyone else is just messing around? I really think that the Hunters need better kits in general to match up with what I see many Survivors getting. I've noticed that I really DON'T absorb more damage than survivors, I personally take more. We don't get helmets as hunters, so in effect we should have stronger chestplates/swords/bows to make up for it. And with the use of enchantment tables, maybe somehow AODPrem could code a 2-enchants-per-round limit? I think it'd balance the game a lot more and give people who aren't as skilled at pvping the chance to practice on an even battlefield.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I somewhat agree with what you said about archer kits - they are common, however they can also be pretty powerful (fully charged arrows can do damage equal to iron swords, i believe) and hunters can usually make a stone sword on maps. The intended purpose of separate kits divided the way they are currently on many maps, is to force hunters to sort of work together. Unfortunately, that rarely happens and people who get archer just get annoyed (this includes me).

Secondly, there is already a lobby command :D just use </logout>. This command should really be advertised more...

As for your last two suggestions: I have no idea what that crash is about (but it should be looked into!), and yes, restarts should be changed. I believe staff have tried things in the past, but the restart plugin isn't exactly in sync with the AoD plugin so it may be difficult to make this work (if I'm totally wrong here make fun of my lack of technical know-how).
Wow. There is a lobby command? Derpalot. Also, the plugin CAN be modified if the author provides source code, so it might work on whether if another round will take 5 or 10 minutes over time, the server restarts.

• Informative
Reactions: Olix

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Let me give another OP scenario. On a map (the one where you get a speed boost, it's small and you can parkour to some chests), I kept getting an archer class, and EVERY time I spawned, once I fire a shot, everyone comes to attack me with their chain armour and OP weapons. Now, I tried to explain that was a map flaw after round but no one out of the (approx.) 12 people on even listened.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Let me give another OP scenario. On a map (the one where you get a speed boost, it's small and you can parkour to some chests), I kept getting an archer class, and EVERY time I spawned, once I fire a shot, everyone comes to attack me with their chain armour and OP weapons. Now, I tried to explain that was a map flaw after round but no one out of the (approx.) 12 people on even listened.
Yeah, that's Smarqueris. It's a fantastic map, but way way slow to start. Once it gets off the ground it's fine, but sometimes that doesn't happen; the Dark Hunter is relentlessly slaughtered for 10 minutes.

I don't know if it's possible, but maybe the same sort of system that /a uses could be used to rig up a special Dark Hunter selection that chooses one of the most powerful players. This might be useful in a few other maps too. UltimateBudgie?

• Agree
Reactions: SirComputer
Reaction score
Yeah, that's Smarqueris. It's a fantastic map, but way way slow to start. Once it gets off the ground it's fine, but sometimes that doesn't happen; the Dark Hunter is relentlessly slaughtered for 10 minutes.

I don't know if it's possible, but maybe the same sort of system that /a uses could be used to rig up a special Dark Hunter selection that chooses one of the most powerful players. This might be useful in a few other maps too. UltimateBudgie?
Yeah like Colosseum, Desert, Snochille, 747, Avenguardkeep, Canopy, Westernnightnare....

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score

I don't know if it's possible, but maybe the same sort of system that /a uses could be used to rig up a special Dark Hunter selection that chooses one of the most powerful players.This might be useful in a few other maps too. UltimateBudgie?
I can't even say something apart from: that is a VERY good idea. Perhaps, the Dark Hunter should have the most powerful kit until there is another hunter with them.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

I don't know if it's possible, but maybe the same sort of system that /a uses could be used to rig up a special Dark Hunter selection that chooses one of the most powerful players.This might be useful in a few other maps too. UltimateBudgie?
I can't even say something apart from: that is a VERY good idea. Perhaps, the Dark Hunter should have the most powerful kit until there is another hunter with them.
Although, in saying this, the Dark Hunter kit is supposed to be pretty decent, but most maps just give a standard kit. Some of the fun might also be taken out of it if the strongest player every round is the Dark Hunter. (we don't even know if it's possible yet x) )

Reaction score

Although, in saying this, the Dark Hunter kit is supposed to be pretty decent, but most maps just give a standard kit. Some of the fun might also be taken out of it if the strongest player every round is the Dark Hunter. (we don't even know if it's possible yet x) )
It doesn't have to be every round just in the rounds with the unfair maps

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Archer classes JUST 16 arrows on some maps. Some even 8. How are you meant to kill ANYONE on a map with only 16 arrows? The enemies have armour (mostly). They have regen. They have teammates. We have unenchanted bows, with only leather armour, no sword, so they come charging at us when we use up our 16 arrows and we can't do ANYTHING about it because we don't have any more stuff because all the chests have been looted with all the helpful loot inside. And, I'm not a very good shot. Neither are a lot of people who play Minecraft not very seriously. And, what better than to make an archer class come up 90% of the time? Yeah, you get the picture. This doesn't just apply to kits called Archer. Kits like Sharpshooter. That's an example of a low armour, 8 arrow kit. I'll let you decide how to fix this thing. Rant over.

Now a few suggestions.
/lobby or /hub
Excuse me if we have something like this but I hate having to relog to go back to the lobby. It's a bit stupid IMO. This could be used on all Blocktopia servers (except the hub itself). Update: /logout? Wow. However, to make it clearer, the command could be renamed /lobby or /hub.

Fix a crash. Pwease?
I'm playing a great game on AoD. Then, I crash. Something to do with the Timer. Take a look at this crash log. It'll help: http://pastebin.com/6mihWZ4Z

Restarts AFTER the round
RoF has this and it's a good idea. I hate being in AoD then a certain '*ZombieMaster' says "Restarting in 5 minutes!" Restarts should be after the round.

Thanks for reading,
SirComputer
Right, lets go through this, one by one.
Underpowered Archer Classes:
Whilst I agree with the archer classes and kits showing up a freaking LOT, they're not totally underpowered and have a bit of natural knockback to them, which makes them great for sniping hunters on tiny paths and walkways. And trust me, survivors like me most of the time can build REALLY big towers and sky fortresses, as I now am calling them.
I do, however, agree with the arrow counts and agree they should be raised, 8-25 arrows is a way too low for my tastes and I also agree that the frequent use of archer kits should be toned down a notch (lel I made a funny). Also, there are people out there that are CRACK shots with bows like me if I have one and a certain Top Notch player only known as CommanderOrange. If your on a stage where kits like Sharpshooter gens a lot, then look for crack shots like us. ;P
P.S. The Armor should also be raised a bit as well, I hate going to inv with sharpshooter and maybe finding leather trousers w/ boots if I'm lucky.
The Lobby/ Hub Command Suggestion:
I agree with you 100% here, too often have I had to relog onto AoD to go to the lobby. And while I may not have realized it then, it would be a VERY nice touch.
Fix a Crash. Pwease?
I may not look it, but I think I know the answer, (somewhat, mind you) and I think what's happening is that the timer on your right that displays Build and Survival Time Periods is getting mismatched with the tick timer that regulates how a Minecraft day works.
Restarts AFTER a Round.
I agree with you here as well, restarting after a round is an excellent idea and should definitely be implemented, it would be a fudging :bomb: .
Thanks for Reading.
-SirComputer
No, good Sir, thank YOU for reading. :cool:
-Snapster

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score

Now a few suggestions.
/lobby or /hub

Fix a crash. Pwease?

Restarts AFTER the round

Thanks for reading,
SirComputer
Right, lets go through this, one by one.
Underpowered Archer Classes:
Whilst I agree with the archer classes and kits showing up a freaking LOT, they're not totally underpowered and have a bit of natural knockback to them, which makes them great for sniping hunters on tiny paths and walkways. And trust me, survivors like me most of the time can build REALLY big towers and sky fortresses, as I now am calling them.
I do, however, agree with the arrow counts and agree they should be raised, 8-25 arrows is a way too low for my tastes and I also agree that the frequent use of archer kits should be toned down a notch (lel I made a funny). Also, there are people out there that are CRACK shots with bows like me if I have one and a certain Top Notch player only known as CommanderOrange. If your on a stage where kits like Sharpshooter gens a lot, then look for crack shots like us. ;P
P.S. The Armor should also be raised a bit as well, I hate going to inv with sharpshooter and maybe finding leather trousers w/ boots if I'm lucky.
The Lobby/ Hub Command Suggestion:
I agree with you 100% here, too often have I had to relog onto AoD to go to the lobby. And while I may not have realized it then, it would be a VERY nice touch.
Fix a Crash. Pwease?
I may not look it, but I think I know the answer, (somewhat, mind you) and I think what's happening is that the timer on your right that displays Build and Survival Time Periods is getting mismatched with the tick timer that regulates how a Minecraft day works.
Restarts AFTER a Round.
I agree with you here as well, restarting after a round is an excellent idea and should definitely be implemented, it would be a fudging :bomb: .
Thanks for Reading.
-SirComputer
No, good Sir, thank YOU for reading. :cool:
-Snapster
There are people out there. But a lot of people aren't. That's my point. You don't always get crack shots being hunters. However, I agree with all your other points.
I found out there is /logout, however, that isn't very clear though, is it? Other possibilities would be renaming the command to /lobby, or /hub. You could also put a portal to the lobby in the game lobbies themselves.
You giving info to the staff knowing what is going on would be very helpful for the staff to diagnose the problem and sort it.
We all want that, don't we? :p

• Agree
Reactions: Xfolo

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

Chooses the most powerful player? That would really be fair for them, getting choosen very often. If something were to be done I would rather see 2 hunters be choosen, and, this shouldnt be a problem if the kits are fine.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Chooses the most powerful player? That would really be fair for them, getting choosen very often. If something were to be done I would rather see 2 hunters be choosen, and, this shouldnt be a problem if the kits are fine.
That was my point, though, unfair for the ones who chanced on good gear. x3
Although I think multiple Hunters can be chosen, just not often. I have a post in the screenshot thread that shows 3 Dark Hunters being chosen on Sumo

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score

"if the kits are fine". The Hunters kits are, quite a lot of the time, way more powerful than Survivors. As a quote from Guinessis' post on the Map Submissions forum: "make the hunter kits nearly as powerful as the best items on the map." NEARLY is the key there. Giving Survivors leather chestplate and leggings and a bow with 8 arrows then giving the Hunters full chain, an irony sword and a healing potion is not the way it should be. I've got to agree with you fully here, Danni.

• Thank You
Reactions: Danni122112

SirCiphered

Reaction score

"if the kits are fine". The Hunters kits are, quite a lot of the time, way more powerful than Survivors. As a quote from Guinessis' post on the Map Submissions forum: "make the hunter kits nearly as powerful as the best items on the map." NEARLY is the key there. Giving Survivors leather chestplate and leggings and a bow with 8 arrows then giving the Hunters full chain, an irony sword and a healing potion is not the way it should be. I've got to agree with you fully here, Danni.
I have to agree with most of what SirComputer is saying except for that bit about an irony sword on the grounds that I can't contribute anything and that's just an amusing typo to me.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I have to agree with most of what SirComputer is saying except for that bit about an irony sword on the grounds that I can't contribute anything and that's just an amusing typo to me.
1) Irony is how I spell it boy.
2) Why can you not contribute anything?
Sorry for the late post, been on holiday.