A hacked ROM

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
Look, this happened to me yesterday. I don't care if it's unreal to you, but it's the truth. It happened.

A few months ago, I was happy to get my DS's charger to work again. It broke down somewhere before Pokémon Black/White was releasing the US version. I can't wait to try the game out. But since our country doesn't provide original copies, i got to the store and bought an R4. When i got home i immediately searched for a ROM copy of Black. I got into a shady website that only had a black background with a huge white text in the middle. It said "DOWNLOAD BLACK.nds". I can't wait to play the game, so i did what i shouldn't have done. I downloaded the game. On a shady site. Yes, it sounds stupid, but i was being a glee-filled little boy that can't wait to get his hands on what he wanted. Anyways, i've put it into my R4. I ran the game. It workd smoothly. I started a new game, collected the 8 gym badges, and finally defeated the E4 and Ghetsis. I've pretty much ended the main story line. A few days later, i was grinding money from the rich boy's house right on the left of Undella. Two days ago, after i fought them, saved in front of Undella's Pokémon Center. I quit the game.

Yesterday, after i got home from school, i ran to my bedroom and turned on my DS. I ran the game again. I was thinking of grinding my party's exp, so i went to Lacunosa so i could go back to Giant Chasm and grind some Audinos.

This is where it gets weird. I used fly on my Unfezant. When i got to Lacunosa, it's empty. The music's gone, and the path to Route 13 and 14 was blocked by trees. I then remembered that some people likes to give out hacked ROM files. I shrugged this and tried to fly out of Lacunosa. A message popped up. "Unfeazan't can't fly yet". I thought that this may have been a part of this hack. I forgot to mention, i was with a friend of mine under the name Br3l00m chatting via IRC. He's an avid pokémon player and i was asking for tips regarding competitive playing. Anyways, i mentioned the whole situation to him, and he said that i should continue the game anyways. To be frankly honest, i was curious on what this game had to offer me. I ran around Lacunosa and found that the grater on the west side of town was open. It revealed a ladder going down. I was a bit unsure and scared by this point. I had this bad vibe that something wrong was happening. I regretably didn't trust my feeling and went down.

I arrived in a sewer. Br3 was surprised when i told him this. He said that sewers aren't supposed to appear until BW2. Plus, he said that it appears in a different city. The sewer was straightforward. I walked until i found... Him. It's a pikachu. Pikachus aren't supposed to appear randomly, let alone in NPC form. I interacted with it, and a battle screen appeared. It's a "wild" pikachu. It's at level 5, and i've been looking to add a few more data on my pokédex. I sent my Lucario first since it was my party's lead. I immediately caught it with my Ultra Ball on my first try!

"Pikachu was caught! Give a nickname to the newly caught Pikachu?"

No.

"Lucario was sent to Amanita's PC!"

What?! My Lucario! What the hell!

I ran out of the sewer feeling pissed that my lead lucario was gone. As i surfaced from the gutter, Lacunosa was back to normal. The usual NPCs are back. Music's back too. I ran to the Pokémon Center to open the PC. It didn't work. I can't open it. It wont even start up. I exited the Pokécenter and then flied around others to use my PC. Still the same thing. It wont open. I then remembered the PC in Fennel's Lab in Striaton City. I flew there and went into her house. It was empty. The bottom floor was lacking furniture and the usual people that sits around there. I went upstairs and Fennel's there, but the other girl in her room was missing too. I talked to Fennel, and all i got was "...". I used the PC. It worked. I immediately rummaged through the boxes. One of the box was named "NO." and my Lucario is there. I tried getting him back in the team, switching the newly caught pikachu with it, but it wont let me. "He doesn't want Lucario to be in your party!". I was pissed beyond measure at this point. I had spent days just to get an Adamant Lucario with the Perfect set of moves, plus the ammount of time i've put him into EV training. My lead is now unusable.

After i exited the PC, Fennel walked to me. She said 'Downstairs". And so i did, and i'd wish i had a different choice than that. When i went down, the door was blocked by a Raichu in it's NPC form. I interacted it and brought up the battle screen. Even when pikachu is at the first in my party, i sent out my Samurott instead. The raichu is at lv.100. My party is still at an average level of 65. I know i lost this one. He moved first. He used curse on my Samurott. I was shocked on how the move is extremely similar to the one from Pokémon Creepy Black. it OHKO'd my Samurott. Then, that dreadful message appeared.

"Samurott has died!"

Samurott then was removed from my party, indicating that it really died. My starter... dead. Just because of Him. I don't even know his intentions. I sent out my Serperior (trade) out. I tried to switch in pikachu for the heck of it at this point since i got a feeling that something's wrong with it.

"He doesn't want to battle yet."

I'm now stuck using my serperior. Just like samurott, it died. This went on and on until the pikachu i caught is left. After that he's now willing to come out... Except it changed. My pikachu is at a staggering level of 100. His moves as far as i remembered was ThunderBlot, Thunder, Thunder Wave, and Curse. Curse can't even be learned legitimately via breeding and such. Then again, this game IS hacked anyways. So, i used to see if it's the same as His curse move. As i expected, OHKO.

"Raichu has fainted!"

...fainted. Not dead.
I exited the battle screen to find that the raichu is now littered with bruises and now lying down on the floor. I still can't get out of the house, so i went upstairs again. Fennel's room changed. The bed isn't there anymore. Fennel's gone. And a door appeared on the left side of the room followed by a bloody trail. "blood". I knew this is going to be one of those creepypasta hacked games, so i turned it off. I don't care if Br3 wants me to continue. I don't want to continue this. If those creepypastas are actually real, then i don't want to know what my fate will end if i went on through. If the game's trying to screw me over some more, i'll keep updating this. And as for the record, since my wifi has been plugged off for midterms, i shall make a text journal about my findings.

Note : I got access to my mom's laptop, so i can post the journal so far.

22th September 2012. 3:08 PM

I started the game up again. I realised earlier that i have soft resetted the game. A few minutes after i posted my previous findings, some asked for the ROM file and a recording. I accidentally erased the web history (Dolphin Browser... damn you.), and as for the recording, i failed to record it.

And i will tell you how it failed momentarily.
As i braved myself, i opened the DS and ran my Pokémon Black again. It said that my last save file is in Undella. I opened the file, and i was back to Fennel's house, where i left it last. Looks like the accursed game is trying to taunt me. I'm very dissapointed that i can't redo all of this so i wont have to deal with this affair. So, since i still can't go anywhere but through the blood trailed door, i went in it.

Lavender Town

Yes, yes, i know. Lavender Town.
huge ammounts of creepypastas are based on this very town. But it's none of the concern for this one. The graphics turned into that from an old Gameboy. the top screen's black, and the roads are blocked. My character sprite is similar to the one in Pokémon Black in terms of it's characteristics, but it still turned like those of the gameboy graphics itself. I checked my bag for items. Empty. I checked my party. Pikachu's still there but with the sprite style of Pokémon Blue/Red.
I explored the town, and to my (predictably predictable) surprise, i can enter the tower. Strangely, the tower isn't like that of the normal game. I checked. Instead of being filled with tombstones, everything's gone. Only one thing caught my attention. The ladder.
The ladder looks like it headed up. And for some reason, i can't go out. My only way to proceed is the ladder. As i emerged from the ladder, i found myself meeting that Raichu again. But this time... oh god.
His sprite was... repulsing. One of His ears are gone. His body's a mess. Some of the skin peeled off revealing the inner tissue of the abomination. But the worst part is it's face. Its smile resembles the one that Jeff the Killer has. His pupils was blood red as well.
Godd god... where was i... Eh... yeah. um. The battle between him and me. I sent out pikachu and used curse again. He fainted. But he left me a cryptic message.

"Don't you remember me, (name removed in the name of privacy)? I'm your friend, remember?"

... He knows my name. Games can't... do that.
I knew it.
I KNEW IT.
What have i gotten myself into...

After the battle, a door appeared on the back. When i entered it, my DS went to static for a second and blacked out.

...It left me a message.

"You can't get rid of me."

The DS then shuts off by itself.

...look, i don't want to be a part of this anymore. I'm done. I am not touching my DS any longer before my sanity's compromised. It's a game. A software made of binaries and codes. That's all of it. Nothing supernatural. Him knowing my name is probably a bluff. Probably took it from a random name. yeah. a coincidence. that's all... a coincidence...
23rd September 2012. 1:37 AM
I can't sleep.
I can't f***ing sleep.
That THING.
HIM. OF ALL THINGS.
STOP GETTING INTO MY DREAMS.
PLEASE.
Please...
I'M NOT PLAYING YOUR STUPID GAME.

23rd September 2012. 6:45 AM

I...
what can i do to stop all this...
please...
... the dream i had...
why?
why chase me in my dreams?
no... i must be losing my mind.
it's a GAME.
it's just a game...
yes
i'm crazy. that's it.
he's not real
and i need to calm the f*** down.
take a chillpill
and go to f***ing bed.
24th September 2012. 2:46 AM

He's... Mocking me.
He's trying to make me feel safe.
But i'm not.
And never will.
He's appearing in my dreams again.
Make it STOP.
MAKE IT STOP.
FINE. I'LL PLAY YOUR F***ING GAME.
JUST LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE.

24th September 2012. 6:30 AM

Alright.
I'll play the game.
I'll finish the game.
I'll do it after school.
God, please help me.

24th September 2012. 6:47 AM

What the hell.
My DS is in my bag.
But i didn't even put the damn thing in there.
Or maybe...
no.
No.
NO NO NO NO.
NO.
It can't be.
no. It can't be.
I touched the damn thing and it even felt real.
No. I'm not imagining this.
Even my mom can see it.
Good Lord what have i gotten myself into.

24th September 2012. 1:16 PM

Time to face this thing...
Alright, i opened my DS. I opened my last save file. I'm now at Lacunosa again. The town's empty as usual, but the path to Route 14 was open. I headed West and went to the now opened Route 14. The tall grass and NPCs are gone. There's 5 graves in the middle of the area.
...It's the grave of my previous party.
I continued left and went into the tunnel. The tunnel's empty. I continued and arrived at the village bridge. There's no music, and every other entrances was either unaccessible or blocked by trees. I explored a bit and went to the meadow that the usual flute using man was used to be. But he's not there.
Instead, He's there. Waiting for me.
I interacted with Him. Then suddenly the left path is blocked by the trees. He pushed me to the right. I can't control my character anymore. He was pushed into an area that's not even supposed to be accessible.
My screen went black.
As the screen returns, i saw something that surprises me deeply.
Opelucid City.
But... the city's version was that of the white version's. And everything red. It's looking a bit meaty in my opinion. It was... disturbing. The city is empty, and all the entrances are gone. There's no escape from this. I tried every door and then i managed to get into the gym. And then... good god. I can't even unsee this.
I arrive at a white tunnel around 3 steps wide. As i progressed forward, the walls and floors began to turn pink. Then blood splatters began to appear on the walls and floors. Then, the exit was blocked by an item. A thunderstone. I picked it up and went inside.
... I... Don't want to tell you what's in that gym.
All i can say is that it's the very deffinition of hell itself.
Massive gore was imminent, and so to spare some of you who are young, i dare not to describe it.
So, i managed to finish the gym. There's no-one battling me. Only did the little puzzles that the original gym had. I walked towards to where the gym leader stands. There's no-one there but a door.
I entered the door, and i wished i didn't.
Bloody mangled corpses of brelooms were scattered all over, while He stands in the middle of it. And then... It hits me.
No. Was he not just targeting me as his subject of suffering? No... It can't be...

He's after Br3l00m.

But why? Only me and... No.
That could only mean.
Whoever knows his presence...
...Is in danger.
He's after whoever knows of him and my affairs.
No.
I need to stop him.
How... HOW.
I've put everyone in danger.
Just because of my ramblings.

...sorry.
i'm sorry.

...I interacted with Him again, in the middle of the bloody carnage.

"He's next. No-one can stop us."

...US?! No. I didn't do anything! I'm not...
no... he's just messing with my head...

"Don't pretend like you don't know. He dragged you into this."

Yes.
He did.
Maybe...
No...
NO.
YOU CAN'T MANIPULATE ME.
NO. I WON'T KILL Br3l00m.

"I'll do it myself."

No...
I must stop him.
But HOW.
...How...

He then dissapears and then my screen went to static and blacked out.
It left me a message.

"You can't stop me. No-one can. No-one did."

Guys...
I'm sorry that i dragged you into this.
I will swear upon myself that i wont let Him hurt you all.
I will figure out how to stop him.
I... Hope...

Monday, 24th September 2012
5:45 PM

I did a little thinking...
If BLACK.nds exists, then there must be a WHITE.nds file as well, right?
Usually, when a Pokémon game is released, Two versions is made.
Then that means, there must be a counterpart existing.
But where... Where can i find this file?
And the most important of all...

Does it hold an importance to all of this?
Will it be the same as BLACK.nds?

I hope i'll get some leads into this.

PS : Hopefully i drank enough coffee and red bulls to get myself awake for the night. No more nightmares. Please.

PSS : Prepare a gallon of coffee for the morning. I'll need it for the exams.
25th September 2012. 1:00 AM

Still Awake.

25th September 2012. 5:30 AM

Still Awakee.
But i'm tired as hlell... Maybe this is a bad idea.
Plese don't let mme fall asleep on the exms.

Riketr

Reaction score
Even creepier than Herobrine. :eek:
EDIT: After I read the logs I'm officially creeped out.
EDIT #2: While I was away I thought someone had said he smelled a pokemon so I was on a lookout for Him. :confused:
EDIT #3: I did some thinking. Haven't you considered that Br3loom might be behind all this? :cold:

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Also, I'm pretty sure if you continued it would probably lead you to a screamer that would give you nightmares for the next week

SCARY POKEMON HACKERS
Unless, the person worked so hard, that it turns out to be a touching story within a horror game.

Those would be the best kind of scary games.

Reactions: Willchill

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Hmm...I got the pirated version of black and black 2 because my country also doesn't sell original games...I'm really curious about this hack. Anyways, the copy I got seems to work fine and I finished both of it. Just really curious how this game goes. I wonder if I can find a copy of it too...

Specter2k11

Reaction score
And as for the record, i managed to get access to my mom's laptop in the morning.
Anyways, i don't even know his intentions.
Whoever made this is definitely a messed up ROM hacker trying to scare me out of my wits using his mass knowledge of creepypastas

...and it's working.

• Love
Reactions: Duffie

Specter2k11

Reaction score
Didn't i already took a note of this on the sunday journal?
I tried recording it. Screen shows black as i tried to.
Sound doesn't even record.
As for other means of capturing this, i dont have much to work here.
I only have a professional camera that my dad owns. And he's not going to let me borrow it.
And digital cameras? Don't have one.
It's like it's trying to conceal itself to me.
And i don't even know why.
And as for later today, maybe i'll get something out of his plans.
Maybe...

• Informative
Reactions: Duffie

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
You know I think I have seen a hack like this but not for Pokemon black. Most of these hacks are for generation 3 Pokemon games especially pokemon firered and leafgreen since they have lavender town. But so... Interesting story you got there.