A gamemode idea... yea...

Do you want this to be a thing?

• Yes, I like the idea. :D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

☃Dr. Bob

Reaction score
Ok, as I have tried to share this idea to staff, it has not been replied to yet. So I had to finally turn to the forums for a direct response from the community.

The idea is of a new gamemode, or something that can be added to an already existing gamemode. It's called: AoZ, or Attack on Zombie. It's a game where players fight giants in arenas and the more xp they gain from it, the more they can use to level up, trade, and fight with. The colossal titan zombie can be an armored or op giant. The idea is supposed to use features from 1.8 where giants will be able to wear armor and hold items. I hope you can give me feedback on this idea, I wanted an idea for a mob arena so I came up with this.

And yes, I have read Pick Yer Poison's thread on suggesting gamemodes. "READ THIS before suggesting an idea for a game mode/server" Here are my reasons (they could be better):

1. Has the idea or a very similar one been suggested before?
Not as far as I know, no. I haven't heard of anyone else suggesting it.

2. What similarities does this game mode have with any of our current ones?
Nothing that I can really think of other than AoD being zombie themed and surviving like in RoF.

2.a. Could the idea be implemented in an already existing server?
Yes, I have actually thought this could be a possible minigame in a lobby of a gamemode... like RoF maybe. Because it may not require any plugins for the gamemode to exist, it could possibly be implemented into a server very easily (I'd really enjoy using command blocks for it).

3. Is this game mode, or a similar game mode, featured on any other servers?
I have seen all the servers and none of them have really seemed to have had any mob arenas. I would like to see one come to life in blocktopia and kinda evolve like the other gamemodes here do.

4. How many times would you be willing to play a round of this game mode before you got bored of it?
I'm not sure exactly, I do want a fun server to fight mobs (giants for AoZ) and survive back to back with friends, but that seems to really rely on the gamemode's content and what is implemented.

5. Can you communicate your idea clearly?
I can read what I just typed clearly, it is a bit rocky but I think you can understand me.

Well, I'm really just looking for the community's response to this so CRITICISE AWAY! :D

Last edited:

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
It sounds like a good idea on paper but I have a feeling this gametype would get boring very quickly - this is a problem, because if the server loses its novelty and is unable keep a constant playerbase due to boredom, what use would there be in opening it? This may work better as a single adventure map submitted to Adventure & Tournaments.

☃Dr. Bob

Reaction score
Yes, it needs multiple types of giants and mobs along with cool items/weapons to use. This would be what everything circles around in the gamemode.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I've fought giants before and vanilla giants aren't all that exciting. Sure they look big and tough but the truth is they barely get a hit in before you hit them a ton of times. Sure you can add zombies and baby zombies to make it more exciting but at that point I feel it's a basic mob arena and not really a unique gamemode. I know you said it will add armor and weapons to the giants but I don't feel the giants resistance will add all that much to the gameplay besides a longer kill, and though the weapons might make it give more damage and be much more difficult. I don't think the experience would be so "unique" with the exception of the height of the mob. I'd love to try this as an A&T map but I'm unsure on it's feasability as a gamemode on it's own and maybe it could work for a minigame on a server though I'm still unsure on this.

☃Dr. Bob

Reaction score
The giants wouldn't just be wearing armor, but they would asociate with other mobs too. A prime example of this would be a ghast jockey. A giant who obviously is mounted on a ghast, thus making it hard to hit along with projectiles being shot at the offending players.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So basically this: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mobarena/ as a server and with giants as the main mobs? I dunno... It gets boring fast and if there is a server for just this... I just don't see it reaching 10+ players at any point, besides maybe the few days after it's release, when everyone wants to try it out.
I'd rather not see this, as Priz said, it could work better as a map on A&T.

☃Dr. Bob

Reaction score
Yea, A&T would be the best place for it, I just really hope it won't glitch out like many of the maps there do. But yes, A&T could work.