A fairly basic, yet fairly useful, idea.

Amorix

Reaction score
So, as you can tell if you can read titles, this is a basic yet useful idea.

You know that thing you can do in Lava Survival where putting a > symbol at the end of a message will allow you to continue typing and when you're done it'll all come out as one message?

My idea is simply to add this system into TNT Wars.

I don't know much about coding and server hosting, but I can't imagine adding this would be very resource demanding.

So what do you guys think of it.

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
I posted this on the old forums, I think their was a large agreement between the playerbase, but there was no actual answer. I forgot the answer, and I believe KingSam might have given an answer.

Let's ping him and see, shall we?

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
I won't be able to do ;< anymore.

However, the usage of < and > in commandblocks isn't so present that it'll be there at the end of the command line. Because they need something to compare so ending on a commandblock with >

...????????????? wat

Anyways, I'm personally not fond of it because I never use it. I just type and send the message when I feel they might start looking for an answer. So they know i'm actually responding.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
I won't be able to do ;< anymore.

However, the usage of < and > in commandblocks isn't so present that it'll be there at the end of the command line. Because they need something to compare so ending on a commandblock with >

...????????????? wat

Anyways, I'm personally not fond of it because I never use it. I just type and send the message when I feel they might start looking for an answer. So they know i'm actually responding.
The problem is, it appends the message from the first >

So, you end up with "gcmd if $rand > 4, kill "Razinao" Lrn2English"(Not the actually code, just an example)
It would append it at gcmd if $rand *next message*
That is, if it worked like on zombies/lava.

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about this one, can see both the downsides and the upsides. There are reasons why it would be useful and reasons why it would be a pain in the arse. Either way, I myself don't have the ability to make it happen, and I'm not entirely convinced I would see it a beneficial use of destroyerx1's coding time to implement it.

Reactions: DarthLego5679

Amorix

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about this one, can see both the downsides and the upsides. There are reasons why it would be useful and reasons why it would be a pain in the arse. Either way, I myself don't have the ability to make it happen, and I'm not entirely convinced I would see it a beneficial use of destroyerx1's coding time to implement it.
What are the pain im the arse parts?

Gamefan__15

rotarepO eibmoZ-xE
Reaction score
The problem is, it appends the message from the first >

So, you end up with "gcmd if $rand > 4, kill "Razinao" Lrn2English"(Not the actually code, just an example)
It would append it at gcmd if $rand *next message*
That is, if it worked like on zombies/lava.
Nope, on zombie at least (not sure about lava but I think it's the same), it only appends if the > or < is at the very end.

ColorWar

Reaction score
I don't think TnT really needs it, since it is after all a server where you aim to kill people rather than trying to say a huge amount, that most players might not see whilst trying to maim other players :p. I reckon it would probably be better for staff, but then again it is just a small feature and I don't think I would see it being used by the players as much unless explaining something, etc. Nor do I know how difficult it is to implement this in.
Goddamnit, such a small feature but yet the pros and cons are so balanced.

Reactions: Sephhh