A coupla concepts for AoD

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Chariots chariots. Roobarb_prime here, with a couple of ideas to bring a bit of freshness to the AoD scheme.

Okay, so first off, asides from the whole maps getting a little stale/need new ones ploy, i've come up with a few new ideas for making map types more interesting.

Firstly, I give you DEATHRUN, which is almost as terrifying as it sounds. The plan's simple. Grab a bunch of strangers, place one in charge of the traps, and see if he can kill the rest off. If anyone survives his traps, CONGRATULATIONS! You get to kill him! Works well, and makes a great conversation starter at dinner parties.

Secondly, the notion of forced cooperative testing. Simple idea as well, make a map which is simple enough to survive in barely, and place several zones that are unlockable through cooperation and/or horrific mutilation. As they unlock more areas, they unlock more goodies to defend themselves against the hunters. The downside to thishowever is that eventually the hunters are going to locate them, corner and trap them using the weapons unlocked for them by the survivors. BUT WAIT! THERE CAN BE MORE!

No there can't, I'm out of ideas.

Get back to testing.

Roobarb_prime. We're done here.

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Interesting ideas. Although I'm not 100% sure.

First off, for deathrun. There are only so many traps you can make, and take for example you make a single corridor full of arrow/fire dispensers and whatnot, it's easy to stop them or if people go ahead and run it's insta death. The hunters would need at least some items/armors and not for the survivor/trapper person to horde it all. Also the standard time for most maps is about 10:00 it would take alot of time for a person to set up traps and what will the hunters do as said trapper makes the traps. Also, what if the trap making person turns out to be one of those people who just don't feel like doing it?

Next for the forced cooperative. Again, sounds like a good idea but you will have those people who just don't want to. Again time issue, for this will take alot of time. As for unlocking areas unless you take in the idea of giving the hunters redstone torches, and having locked gates for said redstones, it will take up a couple more plugins which the admins, i feel, really would not want to put in. lol

Maybe we could do some testings but yea those are just my constructive criticism for the ideas.

An idea from me would be limited number of lives. Say for a round hunters and humans get picked and split evenly among the online members, and each get 3 (or so) lives. If they lose all lives, they become ghosts, and can no longer participate until round is over, but they can watch. I see some problems for this idea as well but yeah. lol

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
First off, for deathrun. There are only so many traps you can make, and take for example you make a single corridor full of arrow/fire dispensers and whatnot, it's easy to stop them or if people go ahead and run it's insta death. The hunters would need at least some items/armors and not for the survivor/trapper person to horde it all. Also the standard time for most maps is about 10:00 it would take alot of time for a person to set up traps and what will the hunters do as said trapper makes the traps. Also, what if the trap making person turns out to be one of those people who just don't feel like doing it?
Well, some of the traps are automatic ones, noa matter what you do, they will always activate.

Also, the hunter's won't be filling the traps, only activating them at will.

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
Chariots chariots. Roobarb_prime here, with a couple of ideas to bring a bit of freshness to the AoD scheme.

Okay, so first off, asides from the whole maps getting a little stale/need new ones ploy, i've come up with a few new ideas for making map types more interesting.

Firstly, I give you DEATHRUN, which is almost as terrifying as it sounds. The plan's simple. Grab a bunch of strangers, place one in charge of the traps, and see if he can kill the rest off. If anyone survives his traps, CONGRATULATIONS! You get to kill him! Works well, and makes a great conversation starter at dinner parties.

Secondly, the notion of forced cooperative testing. Simple idea as well, make a map which is simple enough to survive in barely, and place several zones that are unlockable through cooperation and/or horrific mutilation. As they unlock more areas, they unlock more goodies to defend themselves against the hunters. The downside to thishowever is that eventually the hunters are going to locate them, corner and trap them using the weapons unlocked for them by the survivors. BUT WAIT! THERE CAN BE MORE!

No there can't, I'm out of ideas.

Get back to testing.

Roobarb_prime. We're done here.
Both these ideas don't need plugins, only a map...
SO MAKE THE MAP, WHY AM I STOPPING YOU?
You just need to know how to redstone and you'll be fine

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
You could make some puzzle/maze maps that require people to work together to open up the map more. Like during the build time everyone helps push a minecart into a hole to open up the map more and unlock more goodies for them to find. I am starting to make one now, it sort of looks like pl_goldrush (and it is all three rounds of it) from tf2

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
is the DR concept like the one from Vs Saxton Hale death runs on TF2?
Actually, the deathrun concept was originally seen on Counter-Strike 1.6 (my first time seeing these maps) where people make death traps that are run with buttons. Usually involving moving platforms and crushers. Though if this were to be implemented i would be happy as hell.