A Cannon Royalty... Sorta

properu

Pure Pro
Reaction score
As I was playing, I placed down a cannon. I used it and got about three kills, but died, and I couldn't get back to it ( because I pillared, Like a Bossss{not}). But, my teammate happened to get onto the cannon and made a big profit from his kills. And then this idea came into mind: what if you could place a cannon down, and get a 'royalty' from every kill a person (friend or foe) gets from your cannon. Maybe if the user of the cannon gets a kill worth 10 points, the placer of the cannon gets 1 point. And if a user kills someone with a bounty, the placer gets 10%. One, well three, things I'm unsure of ( and need to ask you guys and gals) are ;
-Is it code-able?
-Should you still get the point if an enemy gets a kill with your cannon?
-Should the 1 point be taken from the user (so the user only gets 9 points per kill{on the cannon}), or should the placer get a point and the user get the original 10 points?

-Properu

VeryHighUp

Reaction score
It is a good idea, but i think if people on your team gets killed with the cannon, then you should lose a point, and if they get a bounty on the team you should lose 10%. Since it would be too biased on one team. Nonetheless a good idea.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
I suggested this to KingSam a long time ago, to which his response was something like:
"That means we'll need to log who owns the cannon".

Considering the recent Aug update was to reduce the amount of points people get, it's not a good idea to give the owner of the cannon one point less. If the cannon gets taken by the enemy team thats quite detrimental to your points in such a way that forces you to go kamikaze to get the cannon back.

But i've always liked the idea, personally.

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
I agree with Raz, I like the idea, and it makes sense to me. Although 1 point wouldn't make much of a difference it would give you the satisfaction of enabling others to use the cannon you have bought. But yes, I am unsure how easy it would be to log who placed a cannon. Good idea though, I like it.

T

Tiger_087

That would definitely reduce fights for a cannon, especially when five people from the same team all pillar up and try to spleef each other for it.
I only have one question: will you lose points (if you use someone else's cannon) when you're on a killstreak?

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Yeah, and I wasn't being an ass. You asked three questions and I answered them. Why bother asking the questions if you don't want an answer to them? Would you rather I left suggestions stagnant and ignored, or answered the people who put them forward and tell them if it can be done or not, or just leave a trail of false hope?

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Yeah, and I wasn't being an ass. You asked three questions and I answered them. Why bother asking the questions if you don't want an answer to them? Would you rather I left suggestions stagnant and ignored, or answered the people who put them forward and tell them if it can be done or not, or just leave a trail of false hope?
Yes

Amorix

Reaction score
If the cannons were owned, the concept of them being up for grabs would be defeated.
I have no real say, but I personally like cannons the way they are.
They create chaos, and I like chaos in my TNT rounds.

properu

Pure Pro
Reaction score
If the cannons were owned, the concept of them being up for grabs would be defeated.
The concept is not the cannons being owned, but just like smoking said, it would just give satisfaction that you are at least getting small amounts of points back. And little is better than none, but, I appreciate all feedback;)

Amorix

Reaction score
The concept is not the cannons being owned, but just like smoking said, it would just give satisfaction that you are at least getting small amounts of points back. And little is better than none, but, I appreciate all feedback;)
OK. But I say it'd still sort of defeat the purpose. If taking an enemy cannon helps an enemy player, even in the slightest, I must nay-say it.
And even if the other guy loses points, that's not fair to the other guy, who will now lose points at a very rapid rate in the hands of a good player.
That's my debate as to why I prefer cannons the way they are, person who got the kill getting points.

• Agree
Reactions: properu

properu

Pure Pro
Reaction score
OK. But I say it'd still sort of defeat the purpose. If taking an enemy cannon helps an enemy player, even in the slightest, I must nay-say it.
And even if the other guy loses points, that's not fair to the other guy, who will now lose points at a very rapid rate in the hands of a good player.
That's my debate as to why I prefer cannons the way they are, person who got the kill getting points.
Good point. I never thought of that. But instead of losing a point if an enemy gets hold of your cannon, maybe the "owner" of the cannon doesn't lose any points, but doesn't gain any either.