-Arrow
-32 Apples
-2 Splash Potions of Instant Damage
-2 Splash Potions of Poison
-2 Splash Potions of Instant Healing
-Golden Apple
Random or choose kits?: Random
Screenshots:

Notes: This is my first map submitted to Blocktopia. I worked on one like this when the server was classic, but then it got deleted and classic was no longer played. So here is the new and improved one! The name says everything about the map: 4x. One side of the map, the side you spawn in, is a portion of a lovely town. The other side is that same exact portion, except expanded by four times! This allows for players to map out their strategies in the regular-sized world before entering the scaled one. All chests are located on the same places on each side, but the catch is that ones on the bigger side are more valuable.
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kiaynk567r8a9bj/4x.zip
Input file:
Btw, I notice that there are some missing elements to this submission. I am not quite sure how to fill those in. If someone would be willing to help me, that would be very nice.

Nightowl

Reaction score
I would if I could figure out how to get the map there in the first place.
Sorry, first submission. I don't know quite what to do :/

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Judging from the screenshots, I'd say it's too empty. It's a very creative concept having a square and a square 4 times as large as the original (and I like the name of the map too :3), but unless there are tons of rooms and stuff within that larger square, it might be a bit too empty to have that depth that the staff search for in an AoD map. Although, I haven't downloaded it yet, so these judgements are based only on the screenshots. :p

EDIT: this
may also be a problem.

However, the chests seem pretty good, and I like how you put them in the same place in both squares, with the 4x one having upgraded items. Very clever. I'd say my suggestion would be just to add some nooks and crannies in the 4x square so it can have a bit more depth to it. Maybe something about that lighting in the big house wouldn't be too bad either. :p But overall, nice concept, nice map!

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and voice my concerns with this map.

-Dark Hunter kit: I feel as if this kit could be a little bit Overpowered in comparison with the Human kits. I don't know, though. It just seems it could cause a little bit of an issue.

-Two kits with one Enderpearl. In the 4x section of the map, I'm concerned with how (both hunters and survivors) will reach the different areas on the map. Enderpearls could play a huge factor in this, and I believe that there should be more.

-The overall structure of the map. I like how much you've worked on this map- I assume it wasn't easy. But I think it's a bit too big (this goes hand-in-hand with the enderpearl issue).

If you think of addressing these concerns, I'd be more than happy to give a positive rate. But in its current state I'm going to give this a -1.

I don't see it working out that well with Army of Darkness. But don't fret! One negative opinion won't affect the outcome too greatly. This map does have a bit of potential.

Old vote Spoiler'd.

Thank you for making edits to the map! I really enjoyed seeing the improvements.

Now, I think the map will be more playable. I might suggest adding a JumpBoost IV (4) potion effect in the kits to make some areas a tad more reachable (The red truck, tops of building(s), etc.)

Considering the edits to the map (well done, again!) I'm going to change my mean old -1 into a nice, pretty +1

Good luck on this, I really love what you've done with the map.

Solis22

AoD and A&T Op
Reaction score
Nightowl, this map is kinda creative, and I really like that. Other thing that I can see is that you put a lot of effort into this map. Which that is wonderful! But the only thing that I'm concerned with is that this map will hardly fit on AoD, like love said.

Therefore, I'll have to go with a 0.

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
I agree with lovedaice with the Dark Hunter kit seeming overpowered.

The Dark Hunter gets an Iron Chestplate, Diamond Leggings, Iron Boots and a Stone Sword. Add that with the extra resistance hunters get and think how one-sided that could be compared to a Survivor having some extra damage (to counter the extra resistance Hunters have) with a Stone Sword, Gold Helmet, Chainmail Chestplate, Leather Pants, and Iron Boots.

I think the only way to make it balanced would be to nerf Dark Hunter kit, like having no Diamond Leggings, Chainmail, Gold, Leather or no pants at all would I think be fine. OR you could add some armor into the chests like Chainmail Armor or Gold Armor and even add some bits of Iron Armor.

Nightowl

Reaction score
UPDATE!
I considered all of your comments and made edits to the submission:
  • The house has some mouse holes, changing it from only one way to the second floor and the roof to multiple ways.
  • Landscaping has been changed by the tree. The whole map isn't just flat now.
  • Kits now have been more equal for both survivors and hunters. (If you have any suggestions for the kits please let me know! I need your opinion if any of them are op.)
  • There's more lighting in both of the houses.
There is a new world file (still the same link) as well as new screenshots. Tell me what you think!

• Thank You
Reactions: Haysagar

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
[If I'm not meant to be posting here please remove the post]
I remember seeing one of these for classic zombie survival. This seems like it could work quite well. The map itself is quite large - I'm not sure it's a suitable size for the number of players we've been having. However it is creative and new. Kudos to you! :D

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
[If I'm not meant to be posting here please remove the post]
I remember seeing one of these for classic zombie survival. This seems like it could work quite well. The map itself is quite large - I'm not sure it's a suitable size for the number of players we've been having. However it is creative and new. Kudos to you! :D
Everyone are allowed to give feedbacks on maps, but only staff are allowed to vote on them ;)

Nightowl

Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and voice my concerns with this map.

-Dark Hunter kit: I feel as if this kit could be a little bit Overpowered in comparison with the Human kits. I don't know, though. It just seems it could cause a little bit of an issue.

-Two kits with one Enderpearl. In the 4x section of the map, I'm concerned with how (both hunters and survivors) will reach the different areas on the map. Enderpearls could play a huge factor in this, and I believe that there should be more.

-The overall structure of the map. I like how much you've worked on this map- I assume it wasn't easy. But I think it's a bit too big (this goes hand-in-hand with the enderpearl issue).

If you think of addressing these concerns, I'd be more than happy to give a positive rate. But in its current state I'm going to give this a -1.

I don't see it working out that well with Army of Darkness. But don't fret! One negative opinion won't affect the outcome too greatly. This map does have a bit of potential.

Old vote Spoiler'd.
Thank you for making edits to the map! I really enjoyed seeing the improvements.

Now, I think the map will be more playable. I might suggest adding a JumpBoost IV (4) potion effect in the kits to make some areas a tad more reachable (The red truck, tops of building(s), etc.)

Considering the edits to the map (well done, again!) I'm going to change my mean old -1 into a nice, pretty +1

Good luck on this, I really love what you've done with the map.

How exactly do I add jump boosts? Do you want it on the boots or the players? I can try my best if you tell me what to do.

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Two screenshots may not be enough for me to judge correctly (need more please :S) so forgive me if I misunderstand :p. I'd appreciate it if you add screenies with different perspectives and places c:

It does look a bit empty, and kind of squarey. I'm also concerned that there aren't much places to hide. I like the concept but at the part where it gets 4x bigger, it seems that the objects pretty much occupy so much space of the map, which makes themselves look like space-fitters, and I don't know if they could use this to hide even x).

Also I'm curious as to how you will make the transition between the small and the big one. Transitions are always challenging to make, as it should be smooth.

& I forsee towers in this map

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
There's a few reasons I have to -1 this. There are 40 villager spawners, and 40 zombie pigman spawners. These 80 eggs, when spawned, will cause terrible lag for many of our players, so I suggest removing some of those eggs. I also found 8 diamonds in one chest which'll make it hard for the hunters to kill the survivors. Unless wood isnt breakable, I suggest removing the diamonds from the map. The items are mainly too overpowered and the overpowered towers that could be made with the axe and shears is too dangerous. The map's building style isn't very good, it needs more detail. If you need help, just PM me about it! =D

Edit: Nightowl , when you receive feedback on the map, it's meant for you to fix the problems on the map before you apply the map again (In the case you get denied the first time). I suggest taking your time if you get denied and use the time you have to fix the buildings and make them look prettier or such, and the use of less bedrock. Other than that, if you want help with the input file, just PM me. c=

Nightowl

Reaction score
Update!
Items in chests edited; now less op. These have been dealt with:
  • Too many shears
  • Efficiency 3 axe
  • Diamonds
  • Excessive mob eggs
The new map is available for download.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
This map had potential but I believe it could of been more detailed. Some of the chests/kits are questionable, and there are potential camping spots I can already see on the map. Sorry Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.