• Posts in this section do not count towards your post count.

31 Days

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Hi, it has been awhile since I have been active on the forums. But I had an idea, and thought I'd try it out with you guys.

This game titled 31 Days is, as the title suggests, a game that will only last for 31 days, running till the end of July. But what is the "game?" Well it is merely just a Role Playing game, but one that lacks all that signups and detailed rule books that can muddy up things. All you need to do is just hop in and write!

Every now and then I will post a news update that details an event that is occurring somewhere in the world. This event is something your character can potentially react to, or have no reaction towards, your choice, so long as whatever your character does is in the grounds of reality. If it is not possible in real life, than you cannot do it here (ex: superpowers). Sometimes for this reason, you cannot physically react to an event, such is the case with long distances of travel. But there are other means, because since the world is so connected via technology, almost everyone will be able to follow events with the internet, phones, TV, Skype, video- so these things will be available to you to be able to react to events and communicate with other players.

The goal: There is no "win scenario." The goal is solely to try and make a good story. This will involve your character's developments, his/her interactions with other characters or characters that you make up. Will you go out on your own to turn your back on the world? Or will you unite with others to solve your problems, and potentially fail? It is solely up to you, but the story is over when August 1st hits for you!

To start with, create a character and imagine that they are going through regular everyday life. They are eating a bowl of cereal or watching something on Netflix. Then, as they see the latest news, life changes ever so slightly for them. Decide the fate of your character in - 31 Days!

(I will be posting my character in a while if you'd like to see an example of what I had in mind.)

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: Forest_Knight

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
It was morning. My laptop was on my desk, on, with reddit filling the screen with its white front page. I had left it on in the night. I guess browsing /r/aww had exhausted me, like that newborn brown puppy I saw, with the big eyes, drooping as they tried to stay awake. It was a repost, the comments screamed, and so they sharpened their pitch forks. It was a nice picture nonetheless.

Well, let's refresh it to see if I've gained any karma.

None, shame....wait

...what...

...Strange Lights...Blue Clouds...

Let's make a comment.

Always good to try and make a joke.