3 maps for voting

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters

Pokemon365

Reaction score
Im not sure if this has been suggested on the old forums before, but i was thinking that with all the new maps, and many maps in rotation at a time, i was thinking about having 3 maps for voting instead of 2.
this will change the server a bit, but wont change gameplay since it is just for map choosing.

Post what you think about this

Degekken

Reaction score
Tons suggested before :/

The idea is good but I trought last time that they said it would either:
- Create lag
- Not codeable

It was a long time ago trought, so we can still look into it.

Widdish

L♥VE
Reaction score

- Create lag
- Not codeable

If they can code in two maps for the vote, i think adding one more wouldn't be hard.

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
I think the idea is great. It probably won't be too hard to code, and it adds to the variety and people can play less-played maps more often. Also, just an idea (2 actually): If you aren't sure what ot vote, the third option could be "random", which randomly picks 1 or 2. Alternatively, random could pick a random map in the rotation, but that wouldn't really work well :p

Walker1212

Reaction score
Website
phantom.smfnew.com
I think the idea is great. It probably won't be too hard to code, and it adds to the variety and people can play less-played maps more often. Also, just an idea (2 actually): If you aren't sure what ot vote, the third option could be "random", which randomly picks 1 or 2. Alternatively, random could pick a random map in the rotation, but that wouldn't really work well :p
^ This

D

DieLorelei

- Create lag
- Not codeable

If they can code in two maps for the vote, i think adding one more wouldn't be hard.
I can see how a 3rd vote might be difficult as its based on "Yes (1) and No (2)" and there really isnt any other options in a yes or no question... But if that really is the case, you can just have 2 votes total, 1 vote being between two maps, and then the 2nd vote being against a new map and the winner map of the last vote...

That might be a little tedious, but at least its code able

D

DieLorelei

Its just an alternative in the case that 3 votes at once arent possible... :p

Reaction score
I remember thinking about this/discussing about it on the server a while back, but I never really pursued the cause.

I like the idea of having a 3rd option, but I'd prefer it to be a 'random' option. Too many times I have not been able to choose and it'd be nice to have a way to place your vote elsewhere. Ofcourse a random map would only be chosen if majority of the server wants a random map :p

So +1 (To randomness!)

Pokemon365

Reaction score
i like die's idea with the 2 votes, 1 for 2 maps, and the other for the new map and the map previously played, then another vote.

but the problem:

Next map: Nobuild128

(they would always vote for the map previously played if it was a map like that

Reaction score
i like die's idea with the 2 votes, 1 for 2 maps, and the other for the new map and the map previously played, then another vote.

but the problem:

That's right, we can't give the people too much power... there still needs to be some randomness!

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Tbh I just think that the whole next map should be random, So you don't know what map it's going to be. (Meaning no 1 or 2 vote)

fireball0409

Reaction score
I like this idea. Sometimes, for me, i get faced with 2 maps I dislike and am having a tough time to choose between them.

Leafcrafter

Reaction score
I think this is be a good idea. Now there's more chance to get a running map on the vote.

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score

but the problem:

You cannot play on the same map you just played. The server needs to load then unload it to revert it to the un-griefed version that has not been played on.