2 New Gamemode Ideas for AoD

Which Gamemode(s) would you like to see implemented into AoD ?

• Team Death Match

• King of the Hill

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've thought of two game mode ideas that I think would be a great addition to AoD. I've included the general gameplay and goal of each gamemode, as well as how orbs would be earned, and a few examples of achievements that could be added along with the gamemode. The achievements do not have suggestions about how many orbs they would give, as that would be up to the AoD Staff to decide.

Gamemode Idea 1 - Team Death Match [TDM]

Gameplay:

In Team Death Match, you have to try and lead your team to victory by killing as many of the opposing team as you can. At the end of the round, team with the most kills wins! There would be 2 equally sized teams, which could be, just an example, Blue and Red.

Gameplay would involve around 3-5 (depending on the map) balanced kits which would be dished out among each player. All kits would involve some sort of dyed leather armour to indicate which team each player is on. The general map size would typically be somewhat large and open to allow players to spot each other and fight more easily. As for chests, I don't think that would be necessary because lots of people would be getting killed often, especially with lots of people playing. Dropping items would be disabled, so that kits with better armour couldn't receive a high damaging weapon from a different class. The kits could also be more complex, and could have permanent potion effects.

Earning Orbs:
- 10 Orbs would be awarded for each kill.
- 50 Orbs would be awarded to the winning team.

Achievements:

I have come up with 3 different ideas for achievements that could be implemented with Team Death Matches. I have left out the amount of orbs that would be rewarded, as that should be for AoD staff to decide.

[xtable=border:4|400x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=center}Achievement Name{/td}
{td=center}Description{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Winner, Winner{/td}
{td}Win x TDM games.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Team Helper{/td}
{td}Kill x opponents in TDM.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Winning Streak{/td}
{td}Win x TDM games in a row.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Gamemode Idea 2 - King of the Hill [KoTH]

Gameplay:

In King of the Hill, the goal is to try and occupy the territory (about 3x3 blocks in size) for as long as you can. The person that holds the territory for the longest will be the winner, and will win 100 orbs. There could also be smaller prizes for 2nd and 3rd place as well.

King of the Hill would also involve the use of a few (about 3-5, depending on the map) different balanced kits, to add some interest into the game, rather than just the use of the same kit over and over. The territory should be clearly marked, so that new players unfamiliar with the map can find it easily and have a go at trying to occupy it. Similar to the Team Death Match gamemode, King of the Hill could also involve the use of more complex kits with the use of permanent potion effects.

Earning Orbs:

- 10 Orbs would be awarded for each kill.
- 100 Orbs would be awarded for holding the territory for the longest.

- 50 Orbs could be awarded for second place.
- 25 Orbs could be awarded for third place.

Achievements:

I have come up with 3 different ideas for achievements that could be implemented with King of the Hill. I have left out the amount of orbs that would be rewarded, as that should be for AoD staff to decide.

[xtable=border:4|400x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=center}Achievement Name{/td}
{td=center}Description{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}I'm Not Leaving{/td}
{td}Capture the territory for x minutes.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Try Again{/td}
{td}Fight off x opponents inside the Territory.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Precision Aim{/td}
{td}Shoot x opponents out of the Territory.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Thanks for taking your time to read my ideas, I really appreciate it! Feel free to leave any suggestions on how to make my suggestion better, and make sure to vote in the Poll for which gamemode is your favourite! :)

Reaction score
Awesome, glad you like my ideas! :D

I like the idea of KotH being a short and intense round, although I'm not 100% sure about setting a certain number of kills, if that's what you mean by getting the victory.

If too few players were online, it would take too long. If too many were online, it would be really quick. However, it could be scaled to suit the amount of people online: E.g. If 4 people are online, 20 kills is the target, and If 10 people are online, 50 kills is the target.

I also like the ideas of adding guns and grenades, as I'm assuming a custom resource pack would have to be built for it.

Reactions: Fragile

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I would like to see both honestly. KotH as a short (1 minute) round and TDM with unlimited time until victory (We could even add things like guns and grenades for TDM if we wanted).
I was told that they weren't looking for anymore game modes when I suggested some, and they were pretty much instantly denied.

I would agree that there is a need of new game modes though in order to freshen things up and I like these suggestions. I've noticee that a few gamemodes, which I won't mention, cause people to leave the server. Anyway, hope these are consodered. Good luck.

Reactions: Fragile

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
I was told that they weren't looking for anymore game modes when I suggested some, and they were pretty much instantly denied.

I would agree that there is a need of new game modes though in order to freshen things up and I like these suggestions. I've noticee that a few gamemodes, which I won't mention, cause people to leave the server. Anyway, hope these are consodered. Good luck.
I agree that we might have an oversaturation of gamemodes too. I know that FFA is generally unfavorable, I honestly wouldn't mind cutting it and replacing with another gamemode.

• Agree
Reactions: Iggish

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
FFA is pretty bad right now and it has to be replaced or reworked. The free for all gamestyle is something that does have potentional as the other gamemodes are (sort of) team modes. It's probably good for the server to have a free for all gamemode but then with good game mechanics and maybe other objectives.

I like how detailed you explained your suggested gamemodes but I have my doubts if they will work out. Team deathmatch is kind of bland and can be unfun when you have a bad team. I feel like it would just be a worse version of CtF so I think the spot is better reserved for another gamemode.

KoTH ís fun but I think it is very hard to make as an actual gamemode. I think it would be too chaotic and weird when more than a few players are online just slashing and hacking on the hill. I think those problems would be gone if the gamemode only became active with a low pcount or use round times that are very short (so that it's more of a minigame, not really a gamemode).

Iggish

Reaction score
If KOTH was implemented, I think it should be with/using teams, not just the individual. It could have two teams; one team holding the point and the other trying to attack or even THREE teams. Why not? There could even be more than one control point! :bounce:

• Agree
Reactions: Vatumok