Pop up News:Rankism

Ahiya

Reaction score
There's been a lot of cases where people call each other "rankists" because they judge a player's
actions due to their rank like heres an example:"you can't join this party because your a guest! builders+ only" something like that. The reason people do this is because almost half of all guests
are griefers or more likely to commit an "illegal action", which is understandable to be "too careful". I'm a little against rankism because one dayi wanted someone to do an obstacle course with me, a guest in the secret said this to me:"ill play if you're not a rankist". This was offending to me a little because im not a rankist; i judge after he/she does something wrong. Rankism is rude and too generalizing and im not pointing fingers. This is not serious, it just has popped up and people are pointing fingers at each other. Tell me what you thinkand any stories of your own, thanks. See first, then judge.

VillainBrine

Reaction score
The reason the player that asked if you were rankist, was because, like you said, many players that aren't guest are rankist.

That guest probably expierenced some rankism in the past, and the guest doesn't want to hang/build with a player that is rankist. And as you said, most non-guests are rankist. If you want people to stop assuming that ALL non-guests are rankist, you outta contact those who ARE rankist and make them stop. But, they do have a good reason to do so: Guests are more likely to grief/flood/do illegal things to you and your house.

Nikonchapel

Reaction score
Website
www.triond.com
Its okay, you can be rankist you don't have to justify it :) lol
I'm joking.

I only really call people rankists for fun ( I know, I have a twisted sense of fun), but if it is getting serious and if people are getting offended then ill stop , I don't wanna cause any drama out of some joke.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
This is a bit poorly written but this is true.

Basicly there's this syndrome called 'Lick-ass' it's where the higher the rank, The more that person is liked and not because they've acomplished much but because the people feel safer/better to have a higher ranked as friend.
You can usualy see that I get more attention than when I was an immigrant or crafter, It's mainly because I've around for longer but I see new faces who just go to me and start 'hanging' around when they want nothing with Nuttyluke for example.

Ahiya

Reaction score
The reason the player that asked if you were rankist, was because, like you said, many players that aren't guest are rankist.

That guest probably expierenced some rankism in the past, and the guest doesn't want to hang/build with a player that is rankist. And as you said, most non-guests are rankist. If you want people to stop assuming that ALL non-guests are rankist, you outta contact those who ARE rankist and make them stop. But, they do have a good reason to do so: Guests are more likely to grief/flood/do illegal things to you and your house.
I never said all non-guests are rankists and yes, the guest prolly experienced rankism in the past, true. Im not offending anyone and im not really a rankist myself, i go by "see first, then judge".

Ahiya

Reaction score
This is a bit poorly written but this is true.

Basicly there's this syndrome called 'Lick-ass' it's where the higher the rank, The more that person is liked and not because they've acomplished much but because the people feel safer/better to have a higher ranked as friend.
You can usualy see that I get more attention than when I was an immigrant or crafter, It's mainly because I've around for longer but I see new faces who just go to me and start 'hanging' around when they want nothing with Nuttyluke for example.
Thanks for the support and more info! :)

Ahiya

Reaction score
Its okay, you can be rankist you don't have to justify it :) lol
I'm joking.

I only really call people rankists for fun ( I know, I have a twisted sense of fun), but if it is getting serious and if people are getting offended then ill stop , I don't wanna cause any drama out of some joke.
It's ok Nikon, people aren't getting offended to the point where there is a revolt or verbal accusations. I'm just
an informer on what's going on in Lava Survival. But rankism is wrong no doubt.

Ahiya

Reaction score
Well ahiya, thank you for teaching me a lesson. Ill make partys with DOORS now.
Are you saying that you're a rankist? Because, this reply was offending and rude due to your caps. This thread was made to inform, more than point fingers at... :unsure:

Reaction score
Geez man, calm down. Triple posts in a row? Really? Not only that is unnecessary, it's all within 10 minutes.

OK! SO. RANKS. Everyone loves them!

Every week there's always that one dumb guest that says "Can I be OP? I am super op on other server."
Or that guest who griefs.
Or that guest that does nothing but beg. Beg for ranks/cookies/attention/EVERYTHING.

It's too simple for a guest to join, grief, leave, rejoin, grief, leave.
It's too simple to just be a guest. And stand there, taking room.

Why are people rankists? BECAUSE, they want people committed to the server. Not some person who's on for only five minutes, lavishly spending that time begging for OP.

Reactions: Araidian

fenna

Reaction score
people are rankist because they have had bad experiances with guests of crafters because they greif. And cause problems. Now i wont point any fingers. but guests tend to greif. You dont have to be rankist you should either 1.Just ignore it ... or
2. You could give guests a chance
Im not saying you should but you could. and if you would. Im sure theyd like it. Not all guests are bad people. Like that famous quote "Dont judge a book by its cover"
You should just think before you act to and also a bit more of a last thing. If some guests would be considerate and think of other people that they are hurting: Greifing/setting bad examples for other guests so they will act like that one guest that started. Thanks and this is my oppinion and im just asking all guests. To think before you act!

Achieina

Reaction score
I try not to be a 'rankist' as much as I can. The part I hate about guests and crafters is that they just walk into any house that pleases them. I get so angry because they move around so that I can't build. The ones that modify and grief without and permission are horrible. That's why I'm skeptical about guests and crafters, but you know, we used to be a guest and crafter, so it's nice to have a little patience with them. :p

Reactions: Ahiya

Ahiya

Reaction score
people are rankist because they have had bad experiances with guests of crafters because they greif. And cause problems. Now i wont point any fingers. but guests tend to greif. You dont have to be rankist you should either 1.Just ignore it ... or
2. You could give guests a chance
Im not saying you should but you could. and if you would. Im sure theyd like it. Not all guests are bad people. Like that famous quote "Dont judge a book by its cover"
You should just think before you act to and also a bit more of a last thing. If some guests would be considerate and think of other people that they are hurting: Greifing/setting bad examples for other guests so they will act like that one guest that started. Thanks and this is my oppinion and im just asking all guests. To think before you act!
See first, judge then.

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Darth you play LAVA?? *balloon98 goes on Lava Server. No but seriously this has to stop its annoying like me I always let someone in if they need it since I am nice like that as long as they don't ruin my house

Brando212

Reaction score
I always let anyone who wants come into my house (i usually build off of the spawn so people who join mid round have a place to go so....), granted I'll keep a little closer eye on guests and crafters but I'll never say a specific group of people can't be in my place (i like to interact) :)

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
Alright.
In my experience with Guests and Crafters, they are usualy the first ones to be banned quickly.
And tbh I had bad experiences with them.

ex. helping with dams when they should not
ex. building on homes that aren't theirs
ex. griefing
ex. constantly begging for cookies/lives/ranks
ex. constant use of rude language

Also this goes for SOME people, not all of it. And I'm not pointing out that all Guests or Crafters are bad.
It's just, again, that we had bad experience with them.
I'm not a rankist. I judge people from how they act.
And imo Builders means they are going to be commited to the lava server.
Also remember that we all are once crafters/guests. We had that point when we are a wee nub learning about what lava survival is :p

Reactions: Achieina

Ahiya

Reaction score
Alright.
In my experience with Guests and Crafters, they are usualy the first ones to be banned quickly.
And tbh I had bad experiences with them.

ex. helping with dams when they should not
ex. building on homes that aren't theirs
ex. griefing
ex. constantly begging for cookies/lives/ranks
ex. constant use of rude language

Also this goes for SOME people, not all of it. And I'm not pointing out that all Guests or Crafters are bad.
It's just, again, that we had bad experience with them.
I'm not a rankist. I judge people from how they act.
And imo Builders means they are going to be commited to the lava server.
Also remember that we all are once crafters/guests. We had that point when we are a wee nub learning about what lava survival is :p
Well put, this is exactly how i act towards all crafters-

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
See with those that are high ranked, you have learned of thier triats, and personality.
Those that are low ranked have yet to be known and could be many people!
Its common for guests to be judged based on thier rank, but thats definatly not the right thing to do. D:

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
See that was the old me but i have now changed and i will let anyone in my home. But i tell them dont greif or modify without my permission and we will fine, But ill almost let anything pass as long as i see it first