Mafia: Saints & Sinners - GAME OVER MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
it strikes me as weird that you're backing down so quickly but then again your entire line of reasoning was proven incorrect so it makes sense logically but the paranoid part of me is slightly uneasy

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
it strikes me as weird that you're backing down so quickly but then again your entire line of reasoning was proven incorrect so it makes sense logically but the paranoid part of me is slightly uneasy
yeah the only reason i suspected you was since i thought you admitted to misunderstanding your role so now that i realized you didnt my feelings are gone again and im back to neutral on you

Reactions: Alisha

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
because what else can be a proper representation of deals with the devil? the devil takes your soul from the deal, represented by you joining the devil's side.
losing your soul can be represented by lots of way though, you said yourself there was a game that took votes from people - why don't you think it's that this time?

another idea is that it could make them vulnerable to mind control via the voodoo people

in a game I ran years ago I also had a devil role, it visited a player and would tell the player it would take their abilities unless they sold their soul, and that meant the devil could control their vote one time in the game

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
losing your soul can be represented by lots of way though, you said yourself there was a game that took votes from people - why don't you think it's that this time?

another idea is that it could make them vulnerable to mind control via the voodoo people

in a game I ran years ago I also had a devil role, it visited a player and would tell the player it would take their abilities unless they sold their soul, and that meant the devil could control their vote one time in the game
I guess it could be by vote, I'm slightly influenced by meta reasons that it's not by vote

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hello, sorry I am still here, just the game was going slow when I first checked it and now we are 8 pages in!

Making a deal with the devil involves gaining an ability, but may have unexpected consequences. Deals are made by declaring them in the main thread.
Sure but we don't know the consequences and unless we physically cannot win without making deals with the devil I don't see a reasonable scenario where they'd be necessary unless it was mylo or something else drastic
I would assume that the abilities are good? Which would entice a player to make a deal? Like what if the only way to get a cop or a doctor is through a deal?

do you agree with alisha that making a deal with the devil will turn you mafia?
Linking this quote to my last point, I think that the idea of making a deal turns you mafia seems stupid... if you're getting an ability for it? Like what use would let's say a "cop" be if they were mafia sided?

I think the most probable case would be that the Devil if he chooses to accept your offering steals your vote? - Links back to Voodoo and all that jazz (get it Jazz... New Orleans)

let's be real a lot of people don't play mafia with making optimal plays in mind
HKCaper I think she's calling you out ?

• Winner
Reactions: Alisha

BetaPanda

Reaction score
I personally think there could be another way for the Devil to convert people but then conversion also seems a bit odd in terms of gameplay.

Like how would it work if say we have 5 town 5 mafia (just an example game, not the Setup we have rn) and 3 of the 5 town convert now we have 2 town 8 mafia and mafia auto win since there’s now an unbalanced game cause they just kill the last 2 players.

of course I could be skipping some gameplay mechanics here (I’m not exactly an expert at Mafia games and how they work) but it’s just how I see it
i kinda agree with this

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I would assume that the abilities are good? Which would entice a player to make a deal? Like what if the only way to get a cop or a doctor is through a deal?
But we don't know what the consequences are fog. We don't need a cop or a doctor, for all we know the devil team needs people to make deals with the devil, there's too much to lose and too little to gain (unless ofc it was a mylo or something similar)

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
what if the people who ‘convert’ just become a third party group? Weird game mechanic but still somewhat possible...

correct me if I’m wrong but third party wins either way right?

• Disagree
Reactions: Aqua

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
what if the people who ‘convert’ just become a third party group? Weird game mechanic but still somewhat possible...

correct me if I’m wrong but third party wins either way right?
This theory crafting is getting a little out of hand now lol.

Altho I suppose that could be real it brings up way too many questions and flaws at this point in the game that cannot be answered, to not ignore your question completely:

I'm kinda doubtful that a large proportion of the game (2+ people out of 12) would be able to switch to a neutral position whenever they choose otherwise town would be at a major disadvantage by the numbers. Also it definitely wouldn't be a neutral position because that removes any reason to play... they win anyway.

Sometimes bigger games have 1 survivor role that will have that objective from the start, or have a role that can assume a position on either team but to have numerous roles that begin the game as townie shift out of the townie alignment wouldn't work IMO

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i just don't read her as repeating something already done by another game she's seen
But what about taking an idea from a past game and ramping it up?
I'm kinda doubtful that a large proportion of the game (2+ people out of 12) would be able to switch to a neutral position whenever they choose otherwise town would be at a major disadvantage by the numbers.
*Laughs in Party at the Machine*

Status
Not open for further replies.