They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Pairjax

Reaction score
But why do you find me suspicious?
In running mafia games, often times mafia play leading roles in the game by trying to portray themselves as trustworthy while also talking a lot in chat. Maybe it's because your nametag is uniquely red, but it feels like you've talked the most. That being said, it might just be your personality. Everybody plays mafia in their own way.

My absolute certainty from Unu's claim being fake is because of the fact that I'm the cop. I know there is the slight possibility of a 2nd cop especially in a closed setup,but with so few players? It's highly unlikely. I didn't originally CC since Unu had made the last post but considering the fact that people are reluctant to lynch a un-cc'ed cop, here we are.
This is very sus to me. High level mafia play to throw off suspicion by creating an inconsistency in the story. However, if he's telling the truth, then suddenly we have a much bigger pool of potential mafia . . . . Of course, I'm sticking to fog, but you're still on my radar ?

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Letting pair's thing go for now because erik and myself are more suspicious also just doesn't seem right
So, the fact i personally find the two of you morse suspicious isn't reason enough for me to vote one of you?

And then finally, feeling the need to specify this as a joke is just so bizarre to me?
People don't get my humour the way you do baby <3

pair's random complete 180 here doesn't make you more suspicious of him than erik
So I should be sus of Pair's 180 but ignore yours?

most of them have been IRL
You've lynched people in real life?!

I'm gonna take a small break, HKCaper Fog erik5456 would appreciate you guys' thoughts on one another <3
Well, I think HK is a dashing young fellow and somewhat of a casanova, yet in this game he hasn't played enough to make me suspicious.
I think we all know I am suspicious of Erik, and the fact it is he who has CC'd cop makes me more suspicious... but then Unu could be lying.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount 7: Votes Fly When You're Having Fun
erik5456 - Timdood3, Fog, Unusual_dood [L-3]
Fog - Pairjax [L-5]
Pairjax - InfectedAlien8_, MarsKid [L-4]
Unusual_dood - erik5456 [L-5]

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 players to lynch and 6 players to no lynch. If no player receives the majority of votes by the deadline, nobody will be lynched.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The thing is, I don't wanna mis-lynch a cop this early in the game, so I am hesitant to vote for Erik or Unu, which leaves Inf and Pair as the two that seem like the best option, and we can deal with the cop claims tomorrow. Or at least get some better insight!

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I'm gonna take a small break, @HKCaper @Fog @erik5456 would appreciate you guys' thoughts on one another <3
fog is a cutie. (also dont think i didnt notice that penta post you scum)

in all seriousness, i am not seeing what you and pairjax are, i dont think fog is susp. i expect anything from you inf, but pairjax' vote on fog was lowkey weird.

id been waiting for a bit on erik, and boi. i still dont agree with all the players saying unu was under no pressure, and am leaning towards actually believing unu over erik. i do think erik's cc could be an attempt to get the uncc'd cop lynched, since it seems he was counting on most finding unu's claim too iffy, or atleast not get lynched (not sure if erik was prime lynch target, but he was one of the top contenders from my pov). id be willing to gamble it, if there is no other clear target for a lynch (that could get 6 votes). decent options imo are inf and pairjax, with skele and sess still being there if we want to shoot blind.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
watch me go OMEGA FENCESITTING

"But your original arguments of it being unlikely we'll kill mafia today and wanting to wait a night to see about items are still there. I don't see why are us talking more than you thought would be enough to justify letting go of those? We haven't talked so much that suddenly there's a big chance of us lynching mafia now, surely? Can you help me understand what happened?"

Becuase normally in most mafia games I'VE played the first day ends in 24 hours, and usually people BARELY say anything. if I had known there was going to be TEN PAGES of discussion in the first day I would've certainly had a different opinion. The reason why I said "we have a low chance of knowing who the mafia is" is because I thought we'd go straight to the night shift.

"Why do you want to vote for Erik"

No reason! Ok, you wanna know who I REALLY wanna vote for? Fog, the same person I was first suspicious of. They vibe wrong, and I stick to that. So yeah, I'm fencesitting again. What are you gonna do, brutally murder me? Do it and prove my point.

Vote Fog
Except now you're not fencesitting; you've taken a stance, as opposed to the earlier post I called you out on, which was a complete non-stance. And I don't know what 'point' you're looking for me to prove.

Your earlier posting imo did two no-nos for me that auto-ping scum:
1) Making a post that makes accusations that aren't very detailed, while also making sure to mention that the accusation could be false and the accused could be town; essentially not saying they are town or maf, put putting words out there so it looks like participation. Not taking an actual side = fencesitting
2) Deciding to vote for erik 'because' and not seemingly doing the legwork yourself to understand why, instead just sheeping me. Reads like maf just wanting to follow town's footsteps.

My absolute certainty from Unu's claim being fake is because of the fact that I'm the cop. I know there is the slight possibility of a 2nd cop especially in a closed setup,but with so few players? It's highly unlikely. I didn't originally CC since Unu had made the last post but considering the fact that people are reluctant to lynch a un-cc'ed cop, here we are.

I defended Inf's reasoning because I'm the cop.

After reading all of Unu's prior posts to his claim, they all seemed more or less lacking content wise and I wasn't too suspicious of him despite what everyone else said. But now? I think the worst thing I could do is let a fake cop claim slip through the cracks and either have our doc heal him or potentially have him try to lead the town D1

unvote
Vote Unu
No way in Hell there are two cops in a closed set-up with 11 players. That isn't even sort of balanced.

You explain why you didn't cc at first but I still don't buy it; if I'm pr, and someone claims my pr, I am immediately on top of that shit.

It's also unknown whether or not a protector role is in-game or not.

I started to believe you were cop during our 1-1 conversation the last couple pages

Erik ccing you would be exactly what he should do as maf so his cc doesn't convince me otherwise, especially since I kinda believe you are now
What pings you the most out of erik's cc? What makes Unu looks more credible in comparison?

Aaaaaa things feel really intense and chaotic now so I keep posting before properly checking my posts which is why I've delved back into spamming
This looks and feels fake and forced. NAGL

In running mafia games, often times mafia play leading roles in the game by trying to portray themselves as trustworthy while also talking a lot in chat. Maybe it's because your nametag is uniquely red, but it feels like you've talked the most. That being said, it might just be your personality. Everybody plays mafia in their own way.

This is very sus to me. High level mafia play to throw off suspicion by creating an inconsistency in the story. However, if he's telling the truth, then suddenly we have a much bigger pool of potential mafia . . . . Of course, I'm sticking to fog, but you're still on my radar ?
This is the fencesitting I was talking about earlier. You say Inf is sus -> give reasoning -> back up on said reasoning b/c it's his personality. Town doesn't usually fret this much over hurting someone's feelings or being wrong b/c they're confident in the fact they're town.

Same for the second statement; you say something is sus, then say it could actually be the truth, and then let it slide. It's entirely non-committal and doesn't add anything to the convo.

erik5456

Reaction score
The thing is, I don't wanna mis-lynch a cop this early in the game, so I am hesitant to vote for Erik or Unu, which leaves Inf and Pair as the two that seem like the best option, and we can deal with the cop claims tomorrow. Or at least get some better insight!
From page 2:
At this stage, I'm leaning towards a no-lynch as nobody is coming across as particularly suspicious. Yet, I do agree that lynching even if we miss a mafia could be beneficial from an information standpoint.
Page 7:
Vote Erik

I'm sorry, the more you talk the more suspicious I get. I might change the vote, but we have like 24 hours left so I don't wanna risk not getting a lynch.
Your stance on lynching seems to change very quickly throughout the game. Going from "I will vote if someones suspicious" to "you're kinda sus and I wanna get a lynch going" to "I don't want to mislynch a cop but still want to lynch someone else". And now just as I'm writing this post:
Yes, I know. This is cause he is still my top suspicion. He also has the most votes rn, but I am debating switching.
Going with the person who has the most votes and who is most likely to get a lynch pushed on them who, once more, is claiming cop. Like all bias aside that I'm the one you're trying to vote for, you seem so ready to push for a lynch.

Page 8:
Here is the thing tho. Yes unu could have felt pressured, but a fake cop claim? Please. The scenario for that doesnt feel right, unu wasnt that close yet, and again a cop claim? Too obvious. Then again, as always, im not voting an unccd cop. Could be unu realized that people wouldnt be keen to do that. A last thing, i find the phrasing of 'you might not wanna lynch a cop' peculiar. Feels like he wanted to play it cool.
Above:
id been waiting for a bit on erik, and boi. i still dont agree with all the players saying unu was under no pressure, and am leaning towards actually believing unu over erik. i do think erik's cc could be an attempt to get the uncc'd cop lynched, since it seems he was counting on most finding unu's claim too iffy, or atleast not get lynched (not sure if erik was prime lynch target, but he was one of the top contenders from my pov). id be willing to gamble it, if there is no other clear target for a lynch (that could get 6 votes). decent options imo are inf and pairjax, with skele and sess still being there if we want to shoot blind.
I'm sorry but you yourself say that unu wasn't that close and then claim to say that you don't agree that he was under no pressure while trying to push for a lynch on me? This feels so incredibly sus. You flip flop from unu's claim being suspicious to saying you believed him all along and think we should lynch me. And this comes after the fact that you say you don't want to vote unu with no cc'd cop claim and after I come up you decide that instead it's a better idea to vote for the cc'd cop.

Infected_alien8_ that should give you an idea of what I'm thinking about Fog and HK. I'm really reluctant to move off of unu since if he lives, my survival N1 will be based on whether the doctor believe I'm inno or not plus there really shouldn't be 2 cops in a closed setup. That being said, Fog and HK are both sus and I can understand not wanting to lynch a cop claim. I'll swap my vote over to Fog for the time being as it seems that there's a larger consensus that they seem the most sus
unvote
vote Fog

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Except now you're not fencesitting; you've taken a stance, as opposed to the earlier post I called you out on, which was a complete non-stance. And I don't know what 'point' you're looking for me to prove.

Your earlier posting imo did two no-nos for me that auto-ping scum:
1) Making a post that makes accusations that aren't very detailed, while also making sure to mention that the accusation could be false and the accused could be town; essentially not saying they are town or maf, put putting words out there so it looks like participation. Not taking an actual side = fencesitting
2) Deciding to vote for erik 'because' and not seemingly doing the legwork yourself to understand why, instead just sheeping me. Reads like maf just wanting to follow town's footsteps.

No way in Hell there are two cops in a closed set-up with 11 players. That isn't even sort of balanced.

You explain why you didn't cc at first but I still don't buy it; if I'm pr, and someone claims my pr, I am immediately on top of that shit.

It's also unknown whether or not a protector role is in-game or not.

What pings you the most out of erik's cc? What makes Unu looks more credible in comparison?

This looks and feels fake and forced. NAGL

This is the fencesitting I was talking about earlier. You say Inf is sus -> give reasoning -> back up on said reasoning b/c it's his personality. Town doesn't usually fret this much over hurting someone's feelings or being wrong b/c they're confident in the fact they're town.

Same for the second statement; you say something is sus, then say it could actually be the truth, and then let it slide. It's entirely non-committal and doesn't add anything to the convo.
See I agree with most of what you are saying here, but if there is the slightest chance that Erik is cop. Do you think we should not perhaps swap votes to somebody like Pair who I feel almost everybody is suspicious of and then we can get any results from “both” cops tomorrow?

Unvote
Vote Pairjax

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Further note w/r/t Erik v Unu:

Part of Erik's justification is that Unu had suspicion on them so it was likely they'd be flushed out. This has never happened in any mafia game I have ever played. Un-cc'd cop claims simply do not get lynched on D0/D1. I guess if the claim is so incredibly fake then yeah, but that's not the case here. If a player claims cop D0/D1 and doesn't have a counter, they live every time.

Once again assuming Erik knows maf to a reasonable extent, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't understand Unu would get away by default.

That being said, shooting in the cop claims could be avoided today and force maf's hand. I'm not confident voting either.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
See I agree with most of what you are saying here, but if there is the slightest chance that Erik is cop. Do you think we should not perhaps swap votes to somebody like Pair who I feel almost everybody is suspicious of and then we can get any results from “both” cops tomorrow?

Unvote
Vote Pairjax
Why would you need to convince me? I voted Pair a good few pages ago.

My head is spinning over these stances.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Your stance on lynching seems to change very quickly throughout the game. Going from "I will vote if someones suspicious" to "you're kinda sus and I wanna get a lynch going" to "I don't want to mislynch a cop but still want to lynch someone else". And now just as I'm writing this post:
Wow! It’s almost as if the game progresses and more people become suspicious as the game goes on! Never would have seen that coming!

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm sorry for the absensce lately, however I'll admit I was a bit busy and lazy today. I'm currently catching up on the reading and I'll format my opinion asap (likely one hour from now)!

(also ill answer this quickly)
@TheWeakGuy48_ did you find out the answer to whether or not, if you were targeted for death on the same night you got all your items, your item would activate its use before you died?
If I got them on the same night? Not sure actually

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I'm sorry but you yourself say that unu wasn't that close and then claim to say that you don't agree that he was under no pressure while trying to push for a lynch on me?
the bit you quoted was my stance on the possibility of unu fake claiming and was actually in favor of believing unu. earlier in that post i said that i could see unu feeling pressured to claim if he were a townie.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Consolidation on Pairjax/Inf/Fog then in light of recent events. I wouldn't mind HK/Sess either but that's shooting into a void and there's less to learn from flipping them.

Scum confirmed in Erik/Unu. Unless maf has a roleblocker they'll have to kill one. Guaranteed lynch either way. Let maf nk sort it out.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
the bit you quoted was my stance on the possibility of unu fake claiming and was actually in favor of believing unu. earlier in that post i said that i could see unu feeling pressured to claim if he were a townie.
Said it was unlikely but still said it was likely at the same time; basically said Unu could know a fake claim would pan out like this.

This thread is a fencesitting museum.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Consolidation on Pairjax/Inf/Fog then in light of recent events. I wouldn't mind HK/Sess either but that's shooting into a void and there's less to learn from flipping them.

Scum confirmed in Erik/Unu. Unless maf has a roleblocker they'll have to kill one. Guaranteed lynch either way. Let maf nk sort it out.
Actually thats not a too bad idea. And they cant just kill, since doc might save.