[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
wasn't hk's rolename the one with the weird as heck rolename
something something weary tracker
Im the 'Worried Veteran', lorewise i have been around for a while and look out for others. Each night i can visit a player and protect them from a kill, but only once, and i get informed when its used up. So basically im a 1 shot doc, but it only gets used up if the player i visit was actually targetted.

• Confusing
Reactions: Boooo

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount
MOO - [1] - ALI
With 8 players it takes 5 to lynch and 4 to no lynch.

_________GAP
| 1. ALI -
| 2. DUF 7
| 3. MOO 2
| 4. BOO 10
| 5. UNU 2
| 6. GOO 1
| 7. OKX 0
| 8. HKC 0
| 9. STR
|10. NOT
|11. INF
|12. HIP
|13. MAR
|14. TIM

• Informative
Reactions: Duffie

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I was on Boo last night, following what to me was the main plan.

I am really worried about this game. We know town has, tracker and two roleblockers (okay 1 is a 1shot). Now if we believe boo's claim (which i do) we also have a cop and another roleblocker. I dont necesarily feel unu is scum (i mean he only joined yesterday, but did refuse to claim then), but if this setup also has a 1 shot doc and a full doc, that must be 1 hella op town.

Meanwhile the one confirmed 3p didnt make any sense (as in, what was the purpose) , and the other claimed 3p lools townsided (as in the role).

In addition, iirc roleblocks are mentioned, and there has only been 1 or no nightkills (i guess you could see that mars kill as 2,but thats the only 'stronger' scum thing weve seen) .

Is it just me, or does this make no sense? Ill elaborate a bit in next post.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Mooglie Can you explain your convenient situations to not give you reasonable roleblocks?
what do you even mean convenient
i was blocked night 2 would you like me to have avoided that
it was literally outlined in the plan for me to block okx and im pretty sure he should have received the block message anyway
Speaking of which... Mooglie, you said you townread TIM on Day Zero... What made you Roleblock TIM on Night One..?
1) he gave me that dislike rating and deserved punishment
2) if he didn't die that night i would have been rather susp of him since i truly see no better night kill working with the day 0 information

i did say this stuff on day 1
Is it just me, or does this make no sense? Ill elaborate a bit in next post.
yes it makes no sense i slightly just want this game to end at this point

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Even with what we know this game is looking odd, so lets have a look at possibilities and lets start with alisha, someone i have been town vibing most of the game.

It all started yesterday with her mentioning two scum teams for some reasons, which striked me as odd. Then she got put in a chat with unu, who didnt feel the need to claim even tho we wanted, who then claimed full doc (a role, which in my opinion, seems to be too strong to also have in the game), and convinced stranger not too block, who then died. Just seems odd she believed that like that.

Day starts and she places a vote on oog, before boo comes forward with their report, who then comes forward with their report, and she still thinks moog is scum (i guess moog could be like a godfather, but personally i still believe moog, which makes me doubt the existence of a full doc even more.)

All in all, not a good read on alisha for now.

Duffie's role is also weird. She claims to be town sided ish, being a bodyguard for a player, but that'd be too strong right now. Possibly she could have a mafia as her target, but depending on how her target got picked, the odd of getting town would be large, making it a bit strong. Overall, i worry she might not be telling the truth.

There is another look at all this. This town wouldnt look as unbalanced as it does rn if say unu&boo&moog are lying (or other combos). I just dont see boo as lying. Boo claimed cop so early, that would be too risky.

Skele and okx are both roles that could be lying, but iirc both their actions got confirmed (atleast moog knows afaik). Doesnt say much about alignment, but balance wise, their roles dont seem strong.

To sum it up, i believe there's got to be at least 3/4 scum, with atleast 2 maf. My guess would be unu, alisha, duff (and good skele/okx for 4th). I feel confident enough to lynch either of those first 3 today.

I strongly believe moog and boo are town.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
i slightly believe stranger misunderstood that they didnt have to do a penalty night 2 but maybe they didnt and the evidence would then very clearly point to UNU + you being a mafia + 3p (as one of you are holding back about penalty immunity)
You claimed the same ability as one he has. Ofc he is going to suspect you then.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
HK and Oog what do you think about lynching Okx?
bad since its confirmed he didnt do the nightkill last night (since i blocked him)
but not that bad but the fact youre suggesting it means im against it tbh
You claimed the same ability as one he has. Ofc he is going to suspect you then.
no stranger was claiming they tried to do no penalty to me but since ltin wouldnt let me be voteblocked (since inf died) she had to block me but now theres apparently a no penalty option

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
[QU

no stranger was claiming they tried to do no penalty to me but since ltin wouldnt let me be voteblocked (since inf died) she had to block me but now theres apparently a no penalty option
Not sure what happened, but there always was according to role info.

bad since its confirmed he didnt do the nightkill last night (since i blocked him)
but not that bad but the fact youre suggesting it means im against it tbh
Fine, then it's settled.

vote mooglie

Reasons:

- never been 3 town blockers on the same team. Ok, there was 2 which is the first time, but there is no way there is also a third one, especially in a small setup like this.
- Ltin had a lawyer in his last game (when there was only 2 mafias), and there should be quite a decent chance there is one here too. If so, it would almost directly make Ooglie mafia, as he is the obvious choice regardless of alignment.

+
- doesn't want to kill a pretty much proven mafia - okx. There has never been two town messengers in a game ever before for a good reason - there is no point. Meanwhile there have been multiple times with mafia ones.
- Apparently was fine blocking okx, 'to prove okx wasn't doing the kill', but usually mafias can only do one action and therefore okxs missing acton DOES THE OPPOSITE - We have no way to know if Okx actually did the kill as his message which in most games would prove he couldnt have done the kill.
- Believes I am mafia because town has very strong roles compared to mafias but this argument is flawed since we don't know either number of mafias or their roles.

• Disagree

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
I'm a little late the scene, someone on the pit crew put sugar in the gas tank ?‍♂
Very very clever, but we're on to you
Being my first mafia game, it seemes like day 0 seems to be a lot of finger pointing.
Looks more like purple
I'm trying to get a read on people, but with zero history on everyone, and everyone referencing previous games, it's a little difficult.
Hey, I'm here. Honestly, trying to sort through pages of whimsical hunches and reminiscent nods to previous games while grabbing at the few pieces of useful information between the meme lynches and finger pointing is a lot of reading.
I didn't know the have was up, Timdood had to link it to me
My reads so far are too skewed at the moment. I really just want to see day 1 start. Remember, this is my first mafia game, and only my second hidden roles game.
Hoping for nolynch
have quite literally of skooma's posts btw to evaluate

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
- never been 3 town blockers on the same team. Ok, there was 2 which is the first time, but there is no way there is also a third one, especially in a small setup like this.
you dont have an issue with hk for very similar reasons
probably because lynching him -> he flips town doc -> you look x100 more susp!!
except in this scenario its probs mylo so you probs wouldnt mind
- Ltin had a lawyer in his last game (when there was only 2 mafias), and there should be quite a decent chance there is one here too. If so, it would almost directly make Ooglie mafia, as he is the obvious choice regardless of alignment.
idk what a lawyer is
- doesn't want to kill a pretty much proven mafia - okx. There has never been two town messengers in a game ever before for a good reason - there is no point. Meanwhile there have been multiple times with mafia ones.
proven que
also go find some examples
- Apparently was fine blocking okx, 'to prove okx wasn't doing the kill', but usually mafias can only do one action and therefore okxs missing acton DOES THE OPPOSITE - We have no way to know if Okx actually did the kill as his message which in most games would prove he couldnt have done the kill.
what
mafia can usually only do one night ability
the message is a day ability
+ you didnt seem to have any quarrels with this plan yesterday
- Believes I am mafia because town has very strong roles compared to mafias but this argument is flawed since we don't know either number of mafias or their roles.
theres not 4 mafia right now (otherwise game would be over), mars was essentially a vanilla mafia killer with the strong day ability, seemingly no mafia roleblocker (unless you think its me but most people seem to be arguing that my entire blocking thing is a lie), compared to a bunch of strong town roles

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
3 if you include all blocker roles. And it would be closer to 2,25 if you are counting decimals for one-shot which is still more than twice the number of the game with most town blockers. And now we are talking about a small game. It makes no sense

you dont have an issue with hk for very similar reasons
probably because lynching him -> he flips town doc -> you look x100 more susp!!
except in this scenario its probs mylo so you probs wouldnt mind
I do have an issue with him, but it's not relevent in reasons as for why you are mafia.

proven que
also go find some examples
lets say there's a 95% chance he is mafia based on statistics from earlier games.

Rick'n Morty

the message is a day ability
Ok I didn't know that.

+ you didnt seem to have any quarrels with this plan yesterday
didn't know of the plan

idk what a lawyer is
role that chooses a player. If that player is investigated by a cop, the result will be the opposited (town -> antitown, antitown -> town). Ltin had added that role when there were only 1 mafia. In this game there is likely 3-4 so should be a significally higher chance he added one.

theres not 4 mafia right now (otherwise game would be over), mars was essentially a vanilla mafia killer with the strong day ability, seemingly no mafia roleblocker (unless you think its me but most people seem to be arguing that my entire blocking thing is a lie), compared to a bunch of strong town roles
'Seemingly no mafia roleblocker' is quite the big assumption just because we haven't seen signs of one yet. Also you are probably that blocker yeah. Still we have no idea of the rest of the mafia roles, and you assume they are weak basically because we haven't seen signs of another blocker.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
3 if you include all blocker roles. And it would be closer to 2,25 if you are counting decimals for one-shot which is still more than twice the number of the game with most town blockers. And now we are talking about a small game. It makes no sense
neato
I do have an issue with him, but it's not relevent in reasons as for why you are mafia.
maybe im blind/dumb but i dont remember you bringing this up at all today!
lets say there's a 95% chance he is mafia based on statistics from earlier games.

Rick'n Morty
any game with aqua as a host is disqualified tbh
role that chooses a player. If that player is investigated by a cop, the result will be the opposited (town -> antitown, antitown -> town). Ltin had added that role when there were only 1 mafia. In this game there is likely 3-4 so should be a significally higher chance he added one.
uhh valid i guess
'Seemingly no mafia roleblocker' is quite the big assumption just because we haven't seen signs of one yet. Also you are probably that blocker yeah. Still we have no idea of the rest of the mafia roles, and you assume they are weak basically because we haven't seen signs of another blocker.
if you havent seen signs of a mafia roleblocker by night 3 this means that theyre blocking the person the mafia kills every night i guess??
and neato
and name me some strong mafia roles that could still exist that would require 1.25 doctors ontop of 2.25 roleblockers (assuming im mafia in this scenario so im excluding myself), a tracker, a cop, 2 night chats (unless you think skele is mafia), duffie apparently bodyguarding someone

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
and name me some strong mafia roles that could still exist that would require 1.25 doctors ontop of 2.25 roleblockers (assuming im mafia in this scenario so im excluding myself), a tracker, a cop, 2 night chats (unless you think skele is mafia), duffie apparently bodyguarding someone
1 doctor, as HKC is also mafia.

A lawyer would be very strong in a small setup like this. Hooker as well. If they're 4 in total that shouldalready have balanced towns roles out pretty much imo, so the last could be any role.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
1 doctor, as HKC is also mafia.

A lawyer would be very strong in a small setup like this. Hooker as well. If they're 4 in total that shouldalready have balanced towns roles out pretty much imo, so the last could be any role.
except hooker doesnt exist
and lawyer doesnt exist either tbh otherwise theyd have visited me (well unless okx is lawyer-messenger)

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
cant help but feel alisha and unu cooked something up to fool stranger into not blocking one of them (especiialy since unu refused to claim yesterday (or atleast didnt do it even tho we all wanted it)), and are now trying to get a lynch on moog, DESPITE notty specifically saying that is what we shouldnt do. Combine the fact that alisha dove on moog right away aswell and bingo bango, it doesnt seem right.

also, no way this setup has a full doc in addition to my 1 shot doc. also, alisha #1 reason to believe unu over me seems to be my rolename and thats bogus reasoning. im feeling confident enough about this to vote already. possibly would be down for an alisha lynch as well, but atleast we somewhat know what her action is and it doesnt seem to dangerous. and no im not down for an okx lynch (unu asked earlier), since i believe moog (as in confirming his action), his role is litteraly an exact copy of inf, and in a setup where its confirmed to have more than 1 town roleblocker, thats the only thing that seems somwhat weaker and therefore balanced.

vote unu

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
ive literally been screwed over by inspecting a godfather in previous games

this feels like the kind of game to have one to make sure a cop isn't able to steamroll through inspections, especially with duffie being third party

• Confusing