[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
One more post while I'm on break at work (am not caught up just want to ask this before I forget later)

Mars earlier you said Nottys plan would be too elaborate for her scum game (paraphrased) - why is that?

(If it's not obvious I'm really starting to see Notty + Mars scum team)

Reactions: Alisha

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i dont know whether to trust notty or not
like i dont find the boo visiting tim message suspicious at all but its just the fact theyre immune to penalties and i think stranger is town purely because idk if theyd have the audacity to make such a claim like this if they were mafia
i also find the 1x roleblock thing very suspicious if stranger (and me) are to believed

i basically think notty is holding back about role abilities at the very least but now even if they claim to have more role abilities are they lying just so that theyre not lynched and if they do this are they mafia or town since both are equally as likely

also i just find the rolename 'championship contender' suspicious for a town role but then again tim was literally called 'dive bomber' so idk!

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i dont know whether to trust notty or not
like i dont find the boo visiting tim message suspicious at all but its just the fact theyre immune to penalties and i think stranger is town purely because idk if theyd have the audacity to make such a claim like this if they were mafia
i also find the 1x roleblock thing very suspicious if stranger (and me) are to believed

i basically think notty is holding back about role abilities at the very least but now even if they claim to have more role abilities are they lying just so that theyre not lynched and if they do this are they mafia or town since both are equally as likely

also i just find the rolename 'championship contender' suspicious for a town role but then again tim was literally called 'dive bomber' so idk!
but like i said before i can also 100% see a mafia role handing out penalties
but then noone has claimed to have received a penalty over night so maybe not then?????
aaaaaaa is notty actually mafia
maybe i cant see the big picture

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
but then noone has claimed to have received a penalty over night so maybe not then?????
You see it and it involves:

One of Stranger/Skele
One of Mars/Inf
Skooma
HK

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also i feel like i need to remind people that the replay thing was a thing that happened and colour was relevant for ??? reason + mars received a message from our mystery messenger but hasnt said what they said and hip wasnt able to intercept it so i guess it is random

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok but for proper clarification: your action could still happen yet not give out an *actual* penalty, and the penalty part be just flavour. Can you confirm this isn't the case?
No. Had my action been successful, the message regarding my investigation at daystart would have specifically stated that Notty had been penalized instead of saying "no further action taken". I cannot penalize people in a solely cosmetic way afaik.

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Why would a townie have immunity to a significant mafia ability tho? And do you think that's more realistic than a mafia or 3p having immunity to a townie ability?

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
One more post while I'm on break at work (am not caught up just want to ask this before I forget later)

Mars earlier you said Nottys plan would be too elaborate for her scum game (paraphrased) - why is that?

(If it's not obvious I'm really starting to see Notty + Mars scum team)
Explained this previously, and given this post any argument I make will confirm-bias the team you're making.

Also, when did I receive a message?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Why would a townie have immunity to a significant mafia ability tho? And do you think that's more realistic than a mafia or 3p having immunity to a townie ability?
it doesnt have to be massively significant, and if notty truly is only a 1x roleblock then it makes sense to have a perk of being immune to a mafia ability so youre basically a vanilla but not really

+ if youre a mafia/3p immune to a townie ability which can be tested and proven (like it has been now) then that essentially gives you the power to roleblock every night or block a specific vote of someone every night and to out someone as scum ontop of observing a nightchat between 2 people of your choice everynight making you a big powerhouse in an already fairly good town setup (1 tracker, 1 cop, 2+ roleblockers)

so idk which is more realistic/likely since i can truly see it going any which way

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Also, when did I receive a message?
woops i read it in this message:
- Hip = town (?) message interceptor; “so i get randomly like intercept messages between peeps and i get the choices to broadcast the messages whenever i want to

so far ive only got one message and i mean it doesnt really mean much to me and i didnt want to broadcast it just incase it would make people hesitant to put any juicy info in their messages”

lmk if I missed something, afaik this is current.
and didnt realise that the 2nd paragraph was within the quotation marks (i did think it was weird how you used the word broadcast)

my bad!

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
from an outside perspective would you believe your role exists and why/why not!
Yes it makes sense to have someone immune to penalties! The oneshot roleblock is odd considering you already exist but at the same time we are a team.

Speaking of what about teams, we have two messengerish roles and two innish people are they teamed?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Yes it makes sense to have someone immune to penalties! The oneshot roleblock is odd considering you already exist but at the same time we are a team.

Speaking of what about teams, we have two messengerish roles and two innish people are they teamed?
but the penalties supposedly come from a town role only (noone has said theyve received any other penalties over night) so how would it make sense to have someone immune!

and ya a lot about this game doesnt make sense (well factoring in my reads) which is why im confused especially

now im stuck at a point where i want to lynch skooma/okx since theyre inactive and i think theyre mafia but at the same point doing that wont give any info on any of the current conundrums surrounding the claimed roles (unless one of them is a mafia that gives out penalties i guess)

hrrrrrng when is deadline anyway or is one still not set

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
but the penalties supposedly come from a town role only (noone has said theyve received any other penalties over night) so how would it make sense to have someone immune!

and ya a lot about this game doesnt make sense (well factoring in my reads) which is why im confused especially

now im stuck at a point where i want to lynch skooma/okx since theyre inactive and i think theyre mafia but at the same point doing that wont give any info on any of the current conundrums surrounding the claimed roles (unless one of them is a mafia that gives out penalties i guess)

hrrrrrng when is deadline anyway or is one still not set
I'm happy lynching Skooma but isn't Okx the messenger

Mafia Host
Reaction score
it doesnt have to be massively significant, and if notty truly is only a 1x roleblock then it makes sense to have a perk of being immune to a mafia ability so youre basically a vanilla but not really
Like I can hypothetically see this making sense if I was the only other roleblocked claim out there (So Notty wouldn't waste her only ability due to a roleblock) - but if that's true why would there be another roleblocker in there who can still cause Notty to waste her ability because she doesn't have explicit protection from being roleblocked?

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
I'm happy lynching Skooma but isn't Okx the messenger
ya the timing of the message suggests okx but like idk alisha seems like a weird target then?
did okx and alisha really interact
Like I can hypothetically see this making sense if I was the only other roleblocked claim out there (So Notty wouldn't waste her only ability due to a roleblock) - but if that's true why would there be another roleblocker in there who can still cause Notty to waste her ability because she doesn't have explicit protection from being roleblocked?
im confused what do you mean