Emoji Mafia - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unamused

Reaction score
to break down how i've been constructing my posts:

i started out with the relatively friendly demeanour to try and assume a different-than-usual position in the discussions tonally, then when i got pressed to claim by blush and yum i made a rushed post before work in a less formatted/upbeat tone and since then i've just alternated between the two in the hopes of maintaining some sort of "consistency" to make a disguised me easier to spot.

everything since my shitty reports has basically been me trying to make sense of what the fuck is happening lmao. i haven't really had the chance to try and put any wild townie plays in motion.

I had this once before as well. It could have something to do with you posting from the same IP as your actual account.
yeah priz can fix this

Actually your point about :Joy:'s claim seems fair. In case :Unamused: does flip town (assuming he is going to get lynched), :Joy: is worth looking into.
oof i was gonna start on the typical "why not now" spiel but i actually have a lot of votes that people snuck onto me without much fanfare. actually thinking a lot less positively about blush now cause they're definitely setting themselves up to say "told you so" tomorrow, as was mask (or whoever it was someone called out earlier)

Thinking

Reaction score
mmmm there needs to be more discussion depending on angry's post waiting to be approved i had that happen to me too

will probably put this vote back

unvote

• Haha
Reactions: Unamused

Halo

Reaction score
To elaborate, nobody except for Thinking, Blush and Yum have really weighed in on the actual circumstances except for "sounds good let's lynch this guy". Worth looking into tomorrow when I flip town lmfao
I will say you are right (about others, but also me). I do think from my part that has been because I am very much on the same line with :Thinking: for most points this game (at least from my point of view). Should probably have expressed that a bit more.

Unamused

Reaction score
Angry can you find and quote the post for us so it's up with the current discussion

I am very much on the same line with :Thinking: for most points this game (at least from my point of view). Should probably have expressed that a bit more.
ye people always seems to think they can't post when other people post their opinions but you definitely can and it's important for gauging town consensus at any given time. eg in this game it would have made thinking seem like less of a suspiciously dominant force in the day discussions (i still think he's quite possibly mafia tho)

Unamused

Reaction score
oh jesus fucking christ what a post to have hidden until immediately before the deadline lmaoo

Halo

Reaction score
Fine, I'm the Mirror. I can choose to REDIRECT all NIGHT ACTIONS targeted to one PLAYER onto myself every night. I am also immune to one REDIRECTED NIGHTKILL per night and my ACTION can not be BLOCKED.
I visited :thinking: on the first two NIGHTS
First quote: That is the exact same role as :Hearts:' (correct me I am wrong). One of the two HAS to be mafia.

Second quote: DAMN this explains :Unamused:'s report does it not?

Why have things just become very spciy few hours before deadline.

Thinking

Reaction score
does anybody else have any unheard of powers or abilities they would like to reveal at the eleventh hour, just to break a record for number of plot twists in a short amount of time

i need a couple hours to digest this

• Winner
Reactions: Yum

Halo

Reaction score
i need a couple hours to digest this
Everytime I read the thread I am getting more overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information and possibilities of what could have happend.

Angry

Reaction score
First quote: That is the exact same role as :Hearts:' (correct me I am wrong). One of the two HAS to be mafia.
The main power is the same, yes. :hearts: hasn't specified any additional aspects to their role, though. I have two, as I outlined.

• Informative
Reactions: Halo

Winking

Reaction score
This is based on incomplete information. Do I really need to spell it out?

Fine, I'm the Mirror. I can choose to REDIRECT all NIGHT ACTIONS targeted to one PLAYER onto myself every night. I am also immune to one REDIRECTED NIGHTKILL per night and my ACTION can not be BLOCKED.

As you can see, my role is similar in function to the Doctor, which is why I have been reluctant to CLAIM. If I am killed, the TOWN loses an important POWER ROLE, but since :unamused: has been TOWNTELLING more and more in my opinion, I'm claiming now.

This is also why I've been more willing to accept the possibility of REDIRECTION shenanigans - I'm a REDIRECTION ROLE myself. Going through the thread once more to write down all CLAIMS and ACTION CLAIMS, I also noticed there was a discrepancy between the claimed ACTIONS of :joy: and :yum: - more evidence that REDIRECTION is a possible answer. :hearts: claimed to REDIRECT all ACTIONS directed towards :blush: on NIGHT 3 onto themself anyway, and :blush: was :unamused:'s claimed TARGET for NIGHT 3 (though that last bit seems to only add to the confusion, since I can't figure out how :unamused: would then get the result that :blush: visited me). And now I'm reading that :sweat: apparently AMPLIFIED :unamused:'s ACTION, and I have no idea what effect that would have on a possible REDIRECTION (I'm just adding to this paragraph as I read through the thread).

As for my own ACTIONS, I visited :thinking: on the first two NIGHTS - initially because it felt like a good meme TARGET for the MAFIA on NIGHT 1, then because it was possible that I had prevented them from being killed and I figured the MAFIA might try again, believeing that the Doc wouldn't PROTECT the same PLAYER twice in a row. Because of the lack of MAFIA NIGHTKILLS on both NIGHTS, I am as certain as I can be that :thinking: is TOWN.

Last NIGHT I visited :yum:, with no particular reason other than I didn't SCUMREAD them.

Right now, the two most likely options in my mind are that either :hearts: and :unamused: are both MAFIA and are doing an excellent job at confusing the TOWN, or that :hearts: is a REDIRECTION type MAFIA role and is doing an even better job at confusing the TOWN. Either way, :hearts:'s ROLE is in pretty clear conflict with my own.

vote Hearts
nggggHAAAAAAAAA

unvote

Thinking

Reaction score
As for my own ACTIONS, I visited :thinking: on the first two NIGHTS - initially because it felt like a good meme TARGET for the MAFIA on NIGHT 1, then because it was possible that I had prevented them from being killed and I figured the MAFIA might try again, believeing that the Doc wouldn't PROTECT the same PLAYER twice in a row. Because of the lack of MAFIA NIGHTKILLS on both NIGHTS, I am as certain as I can be that :thinking: is TOWN.
i think i love you

Thinking

Reaction score
I'm a REDIRECTION ROLE myself.
nvm im angry with you for waiting until the last possible moment to confirm redirection which was my primary motivation for believing mask over unamused

however maf have no reason to claim like this right before a deadline (which has been moved)

between you and hearts conflicting i would consider redirection to be in this game without a doubt despite how much i want to drown myself for all this confusion now

Thinking

Reaction score
considering this formally explains the lack of mafia kills the first two days and that angry's post is much more helpful that heart's claim

angry vs hearts
unamused vs mask (maybe, depending on the now confirmed redirection bullshit)
blush vs winking

congrats im pretty sure we have 2-3 mafia narrowed down

vote hearts

• Agree
Reactions: Halo

Halo

Reaction score
I think this next post will make it a bit easier on us all. It will contain all claimed roles so far, including all claimed night actions. Forgive the inconsistency in writing the player names. I am using spoilers, because I felt that looked better.
-Blush: Roleblocker
-Unamused: Tracker
-Yum: Item giver
-Thinking: Authenticator (visits a player and gets told if their account has been taken by disguiser) result: yes or no
-Winking: Defender (defends account from being taken by disguiser, but also roleblocks target)
-Sweat: Amplifier (prioritizes the action of their target)
-Halo: Sponge (can take the role of one dead town player)
-Mask: Watcher
-Joy: Balancer (visits a player and gets told if targets has a night action) result: yes or no
-Hearts: Follower (all actions directed at their target fall on themself)
-Angry: Mirror (all actions directed at their target fall on themself, and is protected against 1 redirected nightkill each night)

-blush blocks unamused
-winking defends/blocks expressionless
-unamused tracks yum (no result)
-mask watches halo (no result)
-yum gives a 100 (gun) to shades
-thinking visits winking (no)
-joy visits winking (yes)
-hearts does not use action
-angry uses action on thinking
-sweat does not use action
-shades shoots eyroll
-eyeroll dies

-blush blocks weary
-winking defends/blocks hearts
-unamused tracks thinking (thinking visits thinking)
-mask watches yum (yum is visited by thinking + joy)
-yum does not use action
-thinking visits yum (no)
-joy visits yum (yes)
-hearts uses action on halo
-angry uses action on thinking
-sweat uses action on expressionless
-nobody dies

-blush blocks expressionless
-winking defends/blocks thinking
-unamused tracks blush (blush visits angry)
-mask watches joy (no result)
-yum gives a bulletproof vest to blush
-thinking visits expressionless (no result)
-joy visits halo (yes)
-hearts uses action on blush
-angry uses action on yum
-sweat uses action on unamused
-expressionless dies

Night 1 and night 2 there seem to be no issues. Night 3 is where things get interesting. Lets take a look at these actions (and bonus observation):
-sweat uses action on unamused
-unamused tracks blush (blush visits angry)
-blush blocks expressionless
-yum gives a bulletproof vest to blush
-hearts uses action on blush
-bonus: blush confirmed receiving the bulletproof vest.

There is a lot of things wrong here. Firstly, blush claims to have blocked expressionless, but unamused saw him visiting angry. Hearts says he used his action on blush, so ANY night action targetted at blush should have been redirected at hearts. Perhaps sweat's prioritize made it so that unamused's tracking happend BEFORE the redirection by hearts, which would mean blush lied about blocking expressionless. If that did not happen, unamused should have tracked hearts instead, who visited blush. What I want to point out SPECIFICALLY is that yum gave an item to blush, which blush confirmed. If hearts had truely redirected all night action at blush to themselves, he would have received the item and not blush.

Winking

Reaction score
A part of me wants to believe that Angry’s claim is false and tailored specifically to save Unamused from being lynched; I had been rather convinced earlier that Unamused and Blush were working together and that Angry might also be in on it due to Blush apparently being redirected to Angry.

But, well, I can’t ignore that such a claim does, in fact, give validation to Unamused’s claim. I’m still suspicious, but I want to see where this goes first.

• Haha
Reactions: Unamused

Halo

Reaction score
I think this is prove enough (at least to me) that :Hearts: claims was false. Together with :Angry: claiming a similar role, which in turn also accounts for the situation surrounding :Unamused: and :Thinking: having been seen visiting himself, that makes a very strong case against :Hearts:. I have to say, while there could still be more at play here, I am very happy I did not hammer :Unamused: yet.

vote Hearts

Winking

Reaction score
i was so focused on blush and unamused i hadn’t really looked at others much

that is, indeed, however, rather damning evidence against hearts, so i think i’ll vote to lynch hearts instead

vote hearts

Hearts

Reaction score
The main power is the same, yes. :hearts: hasn't specified any additional aspects to their role, though. I have two, as I outlined.
You chose to claim the same role after my own, then state that you have additional aspects to your role. It's possible for different alignments to have the same roles, but one side would have additional abilities to balance the game. You could also have made them up for this argument.

While one might think mafia will not claim last minute like you have, it's easy to take advantage of a similar role you have to counterclaim. As of now, it's likely that both you and Unamused are mafia-sided and chose to claim now close to the lynch.

There is a lot of things wrong here. Firstly, blush claims to have blocked expressionless, but unamused saw him visiting angry. Hearts says he used his action on blush, so ANY night action targetted at blush should have been redirected at hearts. Perhaps sweat's prioritize made it so that unamused's tracking happend BEFORE the redirection by hearts, which would mean blush lied about blocking expressionless. If that did not happen, unamused should have tracked hearts instead, who visited blush. What I want to point out SPECIFICALLY is that yum gave an item to blush, which blush confirmed. If hearts had truely redirected all night action at blush to themselves, he would have received the item and not blush.
As I understand, my role's abilities affect actions that affect the player instead of items given.

Status
Not open for further replies.